News: See Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, in theaters December 13!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint's Choice of Drink!  (Read 25607 times)
philamopolis

Email
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:59:59 PM »

In many of his movies you can see Clint Eastwood drinking Heineken beer (German beer) like for example he's seen drinking it in Play Misty for Me, anyway, I know Clint hardly drinks rarely drinks hard liquor, he rarely drinks any carbonated liquids like Coca-Cola, I am aware he enjoys beer sociably and enjoys various juices such as carrot juice, so anyone know his favorite beer? Is it Heineken? Anyone know anything else he enjoys drinking, weather other beer, hard liquor, red wine, or other juices, etc.

Thanks, I am very interested as a man Clint Eastwood really appeals to me, both physically and artistically, this is a guy that takes care of himself and eats and drinks in moderation, very admirable for me.
yeah its me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 10:04:21 AM »

Hi Orion!

I don't know Clints favourite drinks, but I know for sure that Heineken is a Dutch beer, not a German.  Heineken is perhaps the most successful european beer. You get it in almost every store (in Europe).
Perhaps this is the reason of its appearance in many films.
I personally prefer German beer. Taste Becks!

Greets Daniel
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 06:56:33 PM »

Clint's favorite beer was probably Pale Rider Ale. He helped develop it.  :)

Too bad it's been discontinued.... it was great beer.
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 04:35:13 PM »

Lilly
Member Extraordinaire

"If she looks back..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 05:56:09 PM »

I remember reading an interview online ages ago (sorry I looked but can't find it), in which Clint talked about keeping fit, and he said something along the lines of: as you get older it's easier to stay home and have a glass of chardonnay.
philamopolis

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 08:52:34 AM »

Okay here is the official word, not sure if its what he's doing now but in the March 14, 1978 issue of Esquire he said this:

He drinks only white wine, an occasional glass of red, and beer. Dos Equis is his favorite beer.
Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 09:10:34 AM »

Do ya think his tastes have changed since 1978? I know mine have! ;)

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
philamopolis

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 09:37:05 AM »

Do ya think his tastes have changed since 1978? I know mine have! ;)

Who really cares even if they have. The point is I'm sure people want to know more about Clint's life during his prime. So weather a person's talking about the past or present what's the big deal I noted that he said he liked it in 1978 not today, now can you dig that?

He also mentions in the seventies he likes olympia beer in cans.
Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 11:05:45 AM »

PARDON ME! I guess it wasn't the official word!

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »

Hi Orion

Back in the 70s I read an interview with Clint in Playboy where he talks about the night he was a substitute presenter at the academy awards. Charlton Heston's car broke down and they grabbed Clint to replace him at the last minute.  If I remember correctly Clint wasn't all that thrilled with the way he came off that night so when he walked backstage afterwards and saw they had Olympia beer on ice he grabbed one or two...or three. If you consider the 1970s his prime, I guess Olympia was his beer.  If you notice, it's the beer George Kennedy and Clint drink in 'The Eiger Sanction.'

By the way  you want to say "whether" and not "weather."
I'm not being a smart ass. I was an English teacher in MY prime.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »

By the way  you want to say "whether" and not "weather."
I'm not being a smart ass. I was an English teacher in MY prime.

If you're going to correct everyone's English, you'll be a very busy poster here. KC's still trying to correct my grammatical errors. :-[

Since we're talking about Olympia Beer, it was in more than Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. Just to keep on topic... can anyone identify other Clint movies featuring Olympia?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:29:22 PM by Matt » Logged
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 05:24:37 PM »

Since we're talking about Olympia Beer, it was in more than Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. Just to keep on topic... can anyone identify other Clint movies featuring Olympia?

Magnum Force?  In his apartment.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 05:34:45 PM »

Good one, Doug.  O0

There's not much else in that fridge other than the Olympia.

There's a few more movies it's in. Anyone know 'em?
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 09:38:14 PM »

Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 09:39:59 PM »

I was just pointing out that I said 'Eiger Sanction' but you already beat me to it. I'm trying to figure out this quote button. For the record I won't be correcting everyone's grammar but old habits die hard. Since I'm logged on I'll guess 'Every Which Way But Loose.'  It would have to be in movies filmed in the west since Olympia wasn't sold back east in the 70s.

Now I think I'LL have a beer.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:03:34 PM by Clint van Wallach » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »

Ooops, that little slip blew one of the movies it's in. Okay, we've got three so far: Thunderbolt & Lightfoot, The Eiger Sanction and Magnum Force.

There's more.  ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 10:05:39 PM »

Since I'm logged on I'll guess 'Every Which Way But Loose.'  It would have to be in movies filmed in the west since Olympia wasn't sold back east in the 70s.

Maybe that's why I never heard of it until seeing it in Clint's movies. I didn't realize it wasn't sold in the East.

Every Which Way But Loose is another. I think there's two more.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 10:30:31 PM »

Okay, here's more screencaps of Olympia in Clint films:

In a bottle in The Eiger Sanction:

And in cans:

In Thunderbolt and Lightfoot:

In Every Which Way But Loose, everyone drinks Olympia, from Big Al:

to Clint AND Clyde:

Well, maybe not everyone.....

Coors.  ;)

There's two more films to go.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:46:36 PM by Matt » Logged
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 11:11:40 PM »

I have an old school style ringer t-shirt that says "Olympia Beer - Its the water!"

Nice caps Matt.  I like that first one, kind of makes it look like he is shamelessy plugging Olympia beer.

Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 03:55:27 AM »

Maybe that's why I never heard of it until seeing it in Clint's movies. I didn't realize it wasn't sold in the East.

The same used to be true of Coors, until like ten or fifteen years ago.  But I believe they no longer make Olympia Beer.

I can't think of what the other two movies are, though there aren't that many choices.  In Play Misty for Me he drinks Heineken, except in the first bar scene, where he's drinking some unidentifiable beer that could be Olympia. 

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T