News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tag, You're It! #4  (Read 38559 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« on: July 18, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »

You asked for it, you got it. The "Tag" game is back!

Here's how the game works:

I'll start by naming two members and asking them Eastwood-related questions.  If they choose to answer the question, they will then be able to "tag" two more members and come up with questions for them to answer. You may not join in the game unless you are tagged.  But, if there's a very interesting question that is asked of someone else that you'd like to answer, by all means start a topic on the board in the appropriate forum.  This game is ALL ABOUT getting Eastwood conversation rolling, learning from each other's differing opinions, getting to know each other better, and getting our less talkative members to start talking it up.

If it's your turn to ask two members questions, you may want to PM (Private Message) the members so that they'll know they were tagged. 

If you are tagged more than once in the same day, tag two members for the first question you answer, and only ONE member per question you answer for the remainder of that day.

Here's the link to our last game. Tag you're it! #3

I'll start the game rolling by asking two members who post regularly a question. Once we get things rolling, it'll be great to pose questions to the members who rarely post, to see if we can get them posting more often.

AB: What was the first Eastwood film you saw on the big screen? How was the experience?

Richard Earl: How did you become a fan of Clint Eastwood?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:58:36 PM »

Richard Earl: How did you become a fan of Clint Eastwood?

When I was a child, my mom and dad took me to see Bronco Billy. I loved it.  Escape from Alcatraz was in the mix somewhere. At some point a character by the name of Philo Beddoe was introduced to me. I saw Any Which Way You Can on cable. I fell in love . Cable would show a film several times a day and I watched that film every chance that I could. I think I was about ten years of age then and I have been a die hard Clint fan since.

Fhil - What Clint Eastwood movie made you the fan that you are and why?

Clint Van Wallach - What is your favorite memory of a Clint Eastwood movie back in your day in the 1970's?

Thank you moderators for bringing back this fun game.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Fhil
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:31:28 PM »

Fhil - What Clint Eastwood movie made you the fan that you are and why?

That would be The Outlaw Josey Wales.  It was the first one my dad let me see when I was about 5. :D  I completely loved it and have been a fan since!

KC - What's one scene in an Eastwood movie that gives you chills everytime you see it?

-satu- - What's your favorite soundtrack in an Eastwood movie?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »

KC - What's one scene in an Eastwood movie that gives you chills everytime you see it?

That would be this scene in Unforgiven:

INT HIDEOUT — NIGHT

(KID and NED are sitting by a fire. In the background we hear MUNNY, delirious now)

MUNNY: (off camera) Claudia! Ohhh ...

(NED crawls over to MUNNY and KID soon follows him)

NED: Will ...

MUNNY: Oh ... oh ... Clau ...

NED: Will ... Claudia's not here.

MUNNY: It that you, Ned?

NED: Yeah ...

MUNNY: I seen him, Ned. I seen the Angel of Death. I seen the river, Ned. H-He's got snake eyes.

NED: Who, Will? Who's got snake eyes?

MUNNY: The Angel of Death. Oh, Ned ... oh, Ned, I'm scared of dyin' ...

NED: Easy, partner ... easy.

MUNNY: I seen Claudia, too.

NED: Well, that's good, Will. That's good you saw Claudia, ain't it?

MUNNY: Her face was all covered with worms ... Oh, Ned, I'm scared ... I ... I'm dyin' ... You won't ... No, don't tell nobody ... Don't tell my kids ... none of the things I done ... You hear me?

NED: All right, Will.

MUNNY: (barely audible) ... God ...

If it were up to me, I'd have awarded him an Oscar for that scene alone.

I'll be back with my tags shortly!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:59:07 PM »

Before I post new tags, I'm going to repeat something I said at the end of the old tag thread, when we were talking about reviving this game, and that is that it's hard to think of tags that haven't been used before, so just try not to tag the same person again when re-using older tags.

But we'll leave it up to the person who's tagged to say that he/she has already had that particular tag, and ask for a new one. Of course, some people might like to answer again ... there's always room to change your mind or re-think your prior opinion! 8)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:05:50 PM »

OK, here are my tags:

Canadian Lady: What's your favorite song or musical theme in an Eastwood film?

Brendan: Which of Clint's films do you think has the best cinematography?
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »

Brendan: Which of Clint's films do you think has the best cinematography?

Ah geeze...

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is absolutely breathtaking. Tonino Delli Colli did an amazing job. But Jack Green also did a career best with Unforgiven. And then Tom Stern threw his hat into the ring with  four of the five films he's done for Eastwood; Letters From Iwo Jima possibly being his best so far.

But... but... if it came down to it I would have to say The Good, The Bad & The Ugly overall. Unforgiven for Eastwood directed movies.

TAGS:

Schofield Kid: If you could play a round of 18 holes with Clint at any course in the world, which course would it be, why, and who do you think would win?

KC: If Clint was offered the role in the Leone westerns do you honestly believe he would be where he is today? Or do you think he would have ended like Paul Newman (an actor only) or  say, Robert Redford (meaning an actor who occasionally directs)?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 11:06:24 PM »

KC: If Clint was offered the role in the Leone westerns do you honestly believe he would be where he is today? Or do you think he would have ended like Paul Newman (an actor only) or  say, Robert Redford (meaning an actor who occasionally directs)?

Brendan, do you mean "If Clint was NOT offered the role in the Leone westerns  ... "? ;)

Assuming that's the case, my answer is: Hard to say what direction his career would have taken. He was bored with Rawhide by that time and wanted to try something different. If the Leone Westerns hadn't given him that boost towards superstar status as an actor, perhaps he would have turned towards directing exclusively, though it's hard to think he would have found it easy to break in.

But if he had still met up with Don Siegel around that time and they had made the same four films together, cumulating with Dirty Harry ... it's possible the rest of his career would have turned out pretty much as it has. That is, he would still have become a true superstar with Dirty Harry, and that would give him enough leverage to choose his future projects as director and as actor.

Good question.

I did two tags already today, so here's one more:

Alcatraz: You win a contest and get to choose your prize. The choice is: 1) A complete set of Eastwood's films on DVD, and a big-screen HDTV to view them on, or 2) A day on the set of Eastwood's latest film (let's assume it's going to be that costume pic with Angelina Jolie), including an introduction to and a chance to chat with Clint himself (and Ms. Jolie, if you like). Which do you choose?
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 01:48:28 AM »

AB: What was the first Eastwood film you saw on the big screen? How was the experience?
The first Eastwood film I saw on the big screen was Mystic River back in 2003.

1) Sean Penn spoiled it all with his terrible acting (especially the awfully lame crying scene)
2) Thinking back on it, I felt let down by Eastwood in a way -how on earth could he have allowed such a scene to slip through?

In a nutshell: for a 'first time', it could have been better.

Tags

Hemlock The Finnish government has decided to re-release all of Eastwood's films on the big screen -dubbed- One of your friends works in the movie industry and offers you the job of your dreams: be the Finnish voice of one of the many characters that Eastwood has played over the years ... which Eastwood character would you like to be the voice of?

Sylvie, Lin, Chessie and Lilly Eastwood is organizing an auction at the Mission Ranch in Carmel. He's decided to sell a couple of things that he's worn in his films. You tell him you've been a fan for years, and to thank you for your dedication, he tells you that you can bring back home two things for free  :D Here's a list of what's up for auction:

EWW jeans and t-shirt combo
Honkytonk Man towell
The Enforcer suit
Magnum Force pilot uniform or Band-Aid seen in the very last scene
White Hunter Black Heart bathrobe and slippers combo
Unforgiven long coat
BOMC white shirt Robert is wearing in the first kitchen scene or silver bracelet
Tightrope tie or handcuffs
Dollars Trilogy poncho
In The Line Of Fire white t-shirt (bedroom scene) or black suit and tie combo
Bronco Billy cowboy shirt
High Plains Drifter black scarf
The Outlaw Josey Wales hat
Heartbreak Ridge camo pants/tight black t-shirt combo or army uniform

Gant Eastwood is calling upon your talent as a musician to re-write and re-compose the music of one of his early films. Which film will it be?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 01:51:32 AM by Americanbeauty » Logged

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Sylvie
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 03:11:18 AM »

Sylvie, Lin, Chessie and Lilly Eastwood is organizing an auction at the Mission Ranch in Carmel. He's decided to sell a couple of things that he's worn in his films. You tell him you've been a fan for years, and to thank you for your dedication, he tells you that you can bring back home two things for free  :D Here's a list of what's up for auction:

Honkytonk Man towell
The Enforcer suit
Unforgiven long coat
BOMC white shirt Robert is wearing in the first kitchen scene or silver bracelet
Dollars Trilogy poncho

:) AB, without hesitation : the  silver bracelet Robert Kincaid wears in "Bridges of Madison County" and The Poncho ! I don't think I would wear them, just put the bracelet on my bedside table, and the Poncho on a nice cane armchair that is in my bedroom  ;)

Tags coming soon !!!

"If she looks back, that means she's interested . Come on now, give me a little look. One little glance back..."

2007 Movie journal
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 04:28:44 AM »

Schofield Kid: If you could play a round of 18 holes with Clint at any course in the world, which course would it be, why, and who do you think would win?

Would have to be Augusta National,where they the play the Masters each year. TV coverage doesn't do that course justice,the rolling hills, the super slick greens, just a great course.

Now to the question of who would win. If I wasn't so damn nervous I think it would be a fairly close game as Clint's handicap and my own are around the same so there wouldn't be much in it.It may come down to the final green and then the nerves would kick in.A two footer to win would look like twenty feet,the heart racing, the sweat running,and I'm standing there thinking "Just hit the putt,  Clint".  :D

Tags:

Since I kicked off the game with two earlier today, I'll just post one. Let's see if we can entice Matt back on the board for a chat.

Matt: You have a website with a lot of famous quote's from Clint's films, but what is your all time favorite?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 05:32:40 AM »

AB, I have dibs on those handcuffs! ;)
Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 08:41:04 AM »

Canadian Lady: What's your favorite song or musical theme in an Eastwood film?

Hmmm,, there are a few that I like. But to say the one that I listen to often and love to sing with is, Soft Winds,  Dinah Washington, With Hal Mooney and His Orchestra from Bridges. I love to play it in my Jeep with the windows down and sing along with it.

Clint Van Wallach : What was the first Eastwood film that you seen in a drive-in theatre? If you hadn't seen one in a drive-in, than what was your first ever Eastwood film you've seen.

Agent :What was your first thoughts or impression of High Plains Drifter ?

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
Americanbeauty
Member Extraordinaire

There's a darkness inside all of us ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

AB, I have dibs on those handcuffs! ;)
So do I!  >:D ;D

You take one cuff, I take the other. Deal?

Make-'em-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning

"He that hath no beard is less than a man, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him…" 'Much Ado About Nothing' Act 2, Scene I (William Shakespeare)

http://americanbphotography.tumblr.com/
Alcatraz
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »

I did two tags already today, so here's one more:

Alcatraz: You win a contest and get to choose your prize. The choice is: 1) A complete set of Eastwood's films on DVD, and a big-screen HDTV to view them on, or 2) A day on the set of Eastwood's latest film (let's assume it's going to be that costume pic with Angelina Jolie), including an introduction to and a chance to chat with Clint himself (and Ms. Jolie, if you like). Which do you choose?

Definitely option #2. No way I'm passing up a chance to meet Clint and have a chance to have a conversation with him. And I' get to see him in action on set. I could always just buy the dvds and meh, I don't really need a HDTV.

Erm, this is probably my last post for a while so no tags....sorry....

"Reality continues to ruin my life" - Calvin
Clint Van Wallach

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »

Clint Van Wallach - What is your favorite memory of a Clint Eastwood movie back in your day in the 1970's?

Well by crackie, back in my day we had to walk five miles to the movie theatre through four feet of snow, uphill...both ways!! ;)

Watching GBU on TV with my friends for the first time around 1972 or 73 will always be one of my favorite Clint film memories.  Hearing all those great one liners for the first time really made an impression on all of us.  As I mentioned once before on another thread, we all started growing beards the next day (although mine was mostly peach fuzz, mind you)! Whenever the film was scheduled to be on television we would get together and watch it.  My Sister who is nine years older than me has remarked many times," Yeah, in ten years my little brother went from wanting to be Elvis to wanting to be Jim Morrison to wanting to be Clint Eastwood!"

The Stadium scene in Dirty Harry also stands out because I saw it the theatre when the film first came out.  I got chills watching that scene; from the moment Di Giorgio turns on the lights to when the camera pulls away and we see Harry "interrogating" Scorpio. It looked fantastic on the big screen and  it's still my favorite moment in the film.

Clint Van Wallach : What was the first Eastwood film that you seen in a drive-in theatre? If you hadn't seen one in a drive-in, than what was your first ever Eastwood film you've seen.

I don't believe I have ever seen a Clint Eastwood film in a drive-in but then again we rarely went to a drive-in to actually WATCH the movie! ;) 

The first Eastwood film I ever saw was probably Kelly's Heroes.  It's the first Eastwood film I saw in in a movie theatre; that I do know. I wasn't even a fan of Clint's when I saw it. It was playing in our town's movie theatre (one screen in those days!) and I walked downtown to watch it one afternoon not knowing a thing about Clint Eastwood. I liked it enough to go back the following weekend and see it again though, but in those days I probably identified more with "Oddball!" :D

Chessie: Is there a particular actor, living or dead, you would have liked to have seen Clint make a film with? And what kind of film?

Doug: Is there an actor in any of Clint's films that you feel was horribly miscast? Someone who just doesn't fit the part they're playing?

Since I was tagged twice I need to add another, soooo...

Lin: Ferrari or Clint? ^-^

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:40:20 PM by Clint van Wallach » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 06:29:35 PM »

So do I!  >:D ;D

You take one cuff, I take the other. Deal?

Now, what good is ONE handcuff!!?? ??? ;)
Chessie
Member Extraordinaire

You're anything but a simple woman.

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »

Honkytonk Man towell
The Enforcer suit
Unforgiven long coat
Dollars Trilogy poncho

Dollars poncho for sure.  And, I'd go with the handcuffs from Tightrope.

Chessie: Is there a particular actor, living or dead, you would have liked to have seen Clint make a film with? And what kind of film?

I'd enjoy seeing Clint get together with Paul Newman and Robert Redford, there was a rumor going around for a while of them doing a film together, but I think it's died down now.  But it sounded cool.

TAG:

Lin - Are there any novels that you think Clint should adapt and make into a film, and why?

AB - If Clint was going to star in another romance movie (like Bridges) who would you cast as his leading lady, that isn't Meryl Streep?

The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them.  - Robert Kincaid, the Bridges of Madison County
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 06:00:23 PM »

Matt: You have a website with a lot of famous quote's from Clint's films, but what is your all time favorite?

There's so many great quotes, but the one I actually use the most is from Magnum Force, so I guess I'll call that one my favorite:

"A man's got to know his limitations."

I'm not feeling creative enough to come up with two questions, so I'll pose the same question to two members, Conan and D'Amb

You meet this great girl, you start dating, and after a little while think she might be "the one". She invites you over to her place, and in her living room is a huge Bridges of Madison County poster, and there is a small shrine of memorabilia from the movie, along with pictures of her posing in front of Roseman bridge. When you ask her about it, she said that it's her favorite movie, and so romantic... that she went to Iowa for vacation last year just so she could see the bridge that meant so much to Francesca and Robert. She has hardbound covers of the book, autographed by the author. In short, this girl is a Bridges FREAK. She wants to watch the movie with you.... do you do it? Do you bolt? Do you ever see the girl again?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 07:22:16 PM »

A Matt sighting! 

Great question, too ... I have a feeling I know Conan's answer, at least!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T