News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TAG, you're it!  (Read 116147 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2003, 06:46:48 AM »

Matt barks:
[td]Maddog-Frenzy, don't forget to tag two members. [/td][/table]

The never-ending thread... I'll tag at my earliest convenience. For now, I must whiz on the fire, check on the horses, and pull up a nice, fluffy rock for a little shut-eye (check out this posting time...).

Vi ses!

It's not never-ending, since we'll be drawing this tag session to a close on Sunday night.  If you're too busy, sleepy, or whatever ... tagging isn't obligatory!

I, however, will try my hardest to catch up with all the tags I owe tonight!  ;)
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2003, 09:10:07 AM »

ok, Nightwings question is too far for me to quote, but it was "whichc clint movie do you want to own and why" or something very close to that.ok,I presently own 38 clint movies, and among those I havent seen and would like to see/own, would be "any which way you can" Im a big fan of "every which way but loose" I think Philo Beddoe is a wonderful character, and I would love to see Any which way....Itll be my next buy!
 TAGS (Im trying to get new people to play)

SKIPPY:(We gotta get him into this game ;))You have a lot of questions about clint, which means you are obviously interested in knowing a lot about him....So how did you get to know him?Tell me how you became a fan of his and why you like him

GARYOPERATOR: After reading your post in the "how complete is your clint collection" Thread, I can only assume/hope, that you own ALL the pre-dollars films. Which did you like the most and why?

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
skippy

cool

View Profile Email
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2003, 10:47:25 AM »

I got interested in him by one of my family members. We always see one of his movies a week. I became a fan because everbody was talking about him and also he was on T.V.

JOE- What ce movie was the best one you watched? How did you become his fan?

Noose burn- Why are you so interested in him.
vik
Member Extraordinaire

flags of our fathers

View Profile Email
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2003, 12:19:51 PM »

ok answwering matt

i would get clint to advertise cadburys chocolate - i only have a couple a year  ;)

it would be a picture of him swinging his golf club and instead of a golf ball a big bar of chocolate and he would have one of those sweet grins
and the caption would say "Clint's not just sweet on golf"

matt your tag ::

you are part of the clint entourage - clint gives you the job of finding the next film and you are to be the main co-star  

1. what kind of film would you choose eg.western, detective etc. you may have a title in mind

2. what part you would play - buddy- buddy,  a killer that kills Clint off (booo)  

3. what part would you like clint to play  

4. who would be your other co-stars
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 12:26:49 PM by vik » Logged

england -  its flag the St George flag
bcm

Not all those who wander are lost

View Profile Email
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2003, 02:39:45 PM »

bcm - If Clint had the ability and the inclination to remake just one of his movies with the benefit of hindsight, which one do you think he'd be most likely to choose? What do you think would be the biggest change?

Hey eustressor, you got my brain working with that one ;). After watching Firefox yesterday night, I will pick that movie. This is back cold war era, the russians are basically bad, KGB everywhere. Knowing how Eastwood, in most of his movies, avoids this black and white description of good and evil, I wonder if he would not change the story a little. Eiger sanction also tells a story set in cold war era, but there he avoids this trap of clichées. And I think the suspense could be just as good, even if he allowed a more differenciated description of the good/bad. I just miss the real story, all I saw was suspence. And usually, Eastwood wants to tell us stories, like the story why a man seeks isolation after having been a soldier... So, I think, to be able to make this film more a story, he would allow Gant to express more about his feelings in this mission, and maybe the KGB would be a bit more human too (I had the feeling that all they did was shout, beat, shoot). Does that answer your question?

Matt: I know you have several tags up, but this elf really insists in offering you a special gift! She has read all the problems you had with your ex, so she wants to make you happy for the rest of your life  ;D  You can/must marry one of the characters of Eastwoods films, who do you choose? And the elf wants to know the reason for your choice (yes, happiness doesn't come free...)

mgk: I bet you know what is coming here  ;). Since the elf was allowed to give a gift to Matt, the goblin wants to offer you something as well. So, you are put in the same situation as Matt, who do you choose? (and yes, you may choose an Eastwood persona, the goblin won't be too tough :D)

"He wondered what the man's name was and where he was from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home: and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace" Sam, TTT, written by JRR Tolkien, 1954
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2003, 03:06:07 PM »

Christopher:  Who is your least favorite villain or adversary in an Eastwood film, and why?
Well, this is kind of hard, I had to think about this for a little bit. Since I don't remember the villain from City Heat, and even though I recently watched Firefox within the last few months, I couldn't tell you much about the villain, or anything else about the movie for that matter. So I'll have to go with the guy from Pink Cadillac. Timothy Carhart plays Roy McGuinn. From my memory, he's just not one of the stronger villains in an Eastwood film.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 03:08:58 PM by Christopher » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2003, 03:28:33 PM »

Vik, good answer to my tag!  ;D

matt your tag ::

you are part of the clint entourage - clint gives you the job of finding the next film and you are to be the main co-star  

1. what kind of film would you choose eg.western, detective etc. you may have a title in mind

2. what part you would play - buddy- buddy,  a killer that kills Clint off (booo)  

3. what part would you like clint to play  

4. who would be your other co-stars

And a question I'll enjoy answering!  *begins to daydream*

It would definitely be a western!  I'd be the bad guy... really bad.  Imagine an American Ramón Rojo.   :D

I'd become obsessed with a woman, killing off her entire family and taking her prisoner.  Unfortunately for me, her husband survives (just barely) and having very little money, can only afford to hire an old, washed up bounty hunter to get her back and kill me.

Penélope Cruz would play the part of the woman I capture, and there would have to be at least one scene where I get to kiss her... really well.  And I'd make sure I messed up my lines a few times so we'd have to shoot it a few times.  :D

It would co-star my web board buds, who I'm sure would LOVE to be in an Eastwood film and meet the man.  BDC, Agent, Stranger, Philo... up to the job?  AKA, could you stand to be an outlaw?  One by one, we'd all be killed by Clint.  What an honor!!!  I would NEVER want to kill an Eastwood character, but oh... to be killed by one...  ;D

And it would be scored by Morricone...  ;D

Thanks for the tag, Vik... that was fun to dream about.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2003, 03:35:51 PM »

Tagging:

Conan: If you were going to pick an Eastwood related screen name for this site, what would it have been (would it have been from your favorite Eastwood movie...)?

bcm: How did you become an Eastwood fan?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2003, 03:41:23 PM »

Matt: I know you have several tags up, but this elf really insists in offering you a special gift! She has read all the problems you had with your ex, so she wants to make you happy for the rest of your life  ;D  You can/must marry one of the characters of Eastwoods films, who do you choose? And the elf wants to know the reason for your choice (yes, happiness doesn't come free...)

Two characters come to mind... Lilly Raines from In the Line of Fire, and Beryl Thibodeaux from Tightrope.   If I could wake up every morning to Lilly, I'd die a happy man.  However, at this point in my life, I'd have to choose Beryl instead.  She just has such a calm and loving way about her, and I'm so tired of the drama and the fighting in my life.  I think she'd have a very soothing effect on me, and would really be the best partner for me out of all the women in Eastwood's films.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2003, 04:32:52 PM »

Is there anyone out there who hasn't been tagged yet and  would like to join in the game?
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2003, 05:02:09 PM »

Conan: If you were going to pick an Eastwood related screen name for this site, what would it have been (would it have been from your favorite Eastwood movie...)?

The only screen names I've ever used on webboards are "The Hairless Wookie" and "Conan" - I had to retire the former for obvious reasons.  So I chose Conan simply because I'm used to it and, well, a Conan fan.  And also because so many people have chosen Clint related handles on here that it would have been difficult to be original.
  Now if I had to choose a Clint related name I would have considered "Blondie".  In part because I've been called that before years ago as a nickname and because I'm such a huge fan of the Dollars trilogy.  I realize that we already have a "Blondie" on here :)  I guess "Angel Eyes" or "English Bob" would have been cool to.

Tags...

Misty: I know you have written about it before, but refresh my memory...Why is "Play Misty For Me" your favorite Eastwood movie?

Matt:  Clint is casting for "City Heat 2".  Thankfully Burt Reynolds is not being considered to play opposite Eastwood again.  Who would have the right chemistry with Clint to pull off that role?

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2003, 05:07:49 PM »

From Matt :

It would co-star my web board buds, who I'm sure would LOVE to be in an Eastwood film and meet the man.  BDC, Agent, Stranger, Philo... up to the job?

When do we start shooting ?    ;)

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2003, 05:07:52 PM »

Quote from: Doug on Yesterday at 11:47:34pm
Brendan: What young actor (under thirty-five) do you think comes the closest to matching Clint in his acting style?

HUGH JACKMAN!!  ;D

No, seriously though, thats a hard one. I cant really answer that one. Theres no young actor of today that really captures the sublteness of Clints performances. Clint can just stand there and put an exspression on his face and you know whats going on by that. Theres really no young actor of today that can do that as good as he can.

I suppose if I had to choose it would be Liev Schreiber. The way he played John Clark in The Sum of All Fear was great. The scene he shared with Morgan Freeman in the rain was done very well by him and the way he did his facial exspressions was great.

I just realized that after watching a special on Stargate SG-1, that Richard Dean Anderson, to me anyway, kind of resembles Clint acting wise. I know I'll massive negative feedback from this, but if you watch Stargate SG-1 RDA is always giving great one liners and he delivers them with perfect timing. He also has great facial expressions and can get a point across with his face.

Its great to watch him in that show and I say he does a great job every week. Now his MacGyver performance is something else, but I'm talking only about his performance on SG-1.

Now you cant just watch one episode, you'd have to see enough of the show to understand his character and his performance. But its a great one that would "resemble" Clints acting "style" as best as I can think.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 05:09:27 PM by Brendan » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2003, 05:29:03 PM »

TAGGING....

Joey:  If you could go back in time and were given a choice of working either in front of the camera, or behind it, in any Eastwood-directed film, which film would you choose, and which part would you like to play or which crew position would you wish you could have held?

KC:  I haven't tagged you yet in this game since I know you've been busy, but I'm running out of ideas to tag people with, and I know you'd be able to answer this one easily.  (It's a strange question, but like I said... I'm having trouble thinking up new ones.)  Name the New York  Yankee who you can most imagine replacing any character in any Eastwood film.  What part would he play?

I still owe a tag... I'll be back when I think up another.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2003, 05:38:33 PM »

KC:  I haven't tagged you yet in this game since I know you've been busy, but I'm running out of ideas to tag people with, and I know you'd be able to answer this one easily.  (It's a strange question, but like I said... I'm having trouble thinking up new ones.)  Name the New York  Yankee who you can most imagine replacing any character in any Eastwood film.  What part would he play?
How about Roger Clemens as Little Bill Daggett?  ;)

I'm way behind with tags ... I'll try to catch up later tonight!  :o
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2003, 05:43:15 PM »

How about Roger Clemens as Little Bill Daggett?  ;)

Ouch!  I can see it.  :o
Joey

Sally knows only too well...

View Profile Email
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2003, 06:03:55 PM »

TAGGING....

Joey:  If you could go back in time and were given a choice of working either in front of the camera, or behind it, in any Eastwood-directed film, which film would you choose, and which part would you like to play or which crew position would you wish you could have held?
Great question, Matt. As much as I love Unforgiven, and that would be my more spontaneous response, I think I would have really enjoyed working on the 'Bridges' set.

I wouldn't mind which crew member I played, so long as I got to watch Eastwood and Streep do their thing as actors. It seemed like such an intimate arrangement, I would have just loved to see their process unfold as they entered these characters.

Also, the scenery is just gorgeous! It'd be interesting to see if there really is a smell to Iowa 'particular to this part of the country'! :)

Tags:

Matt- If you could have one prop from any Eastwood-directed film, what would it be?

KC- You have a really thorough knowledge of all things Clint. Is there anything about Eastwood, the person, that surprised or shocked you? Something that you didn't expect from the man we idolise on the big screen? I hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 06:21:40 PM by Joey » Logged
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2003, 06:20:19 PM »

mgk: I bet you know what is coming here  ;). Since the elf was allowed to give a gift to Matt, the goblin wants to offer you something as well. So, you are put in the same situation as Matt, who do you choose? (and yes, you may choose an Eastwood persona, the goblin won't be too tough :D)

And, I'll bet you think I'm going to say Robert Kincaid, don't you? ;) Well, you would be right.  He is attentive, gentle, caring and has to be one of the best listeners in the world.  I know someone just like him so what's not to like?  :)

Doug: Which Eastwood film do you think is the most underrated?  And, why?

MC:  I know you like Jessica Walter from Play Misty For Me.  What other female co-star in an Eastwood film did you really like?
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2003, 06:28:35 PM »

Misty: I know you have written about it before, but refresh my memory...Why is "Play Misty For Me" your favorite Eastwood movie?

well actually, Ive never written about that because...Well its in my top 3 but Im not sure its my favorite....Dirty Harry has a special place too. Anyways Im gonna write about why I really like it;
 First off, I love music, and I loved seeind clint as a disc jockey.He has a wonderful speaking voice, and I think thats a job he could do in real life.
 I also like the idea of a pshychologic thriller starring clint, I think "Play misty for me" is one of a kind, its a film that doesnt resemble any other of his films, and I liked the story development, and the characters.
 Wonderful love scenes also, very beautiful photography and plus, it was in carmel, so we got a little taste of clints location.
 All in all, great movie.I chose the name misty, because, unlike ALL my other nicknames, its more like a girl name, so I wont get mistaken for a guy, like when I chat lol.
 Like my yahoo messenger id is Inspect0r71, and everyone thinks im a guy and theyre all serious with me like "oh, its the inspector" like im someone important  ;)

Keith Richards
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2003, 06:34:36 PM »

Anyways I only owe one tag, since I got tagged this mornong so here it goes;

MrPants: Ok you win an eastwood related contest, you have 2 choices for your price
1-spend an hour with clint
2-Get ALL his movies, plus ALL his posters,books,rawhide episodes,T-shirts-what have you, basically ALL clint things on the market

Which would you choose?

Keith Richards
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T