News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TAG, you're it!  (Read 116617 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2003, 07:01:16 PM »

I still owe a tag before I get to my next couple of questions to answer.  I'm gonna tag Joey again.  ;D

JOEY:  Since you're a big Unforgiven fan, what is your favorite quote from the film and what is your favorite scene?  Why is this scene your favorite?
maddog_frenzy

Carpe fidelis

View Profile Email
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2003, 07:09:08 PM »

Matt tagged me, therefore, I tag two others.

TAGGING:

LICA - If you could cast Clint in ANY movie (a real movie that's been done as opposed to a movie that doesn't yet exist) that is NOT a Clint flick, and as ANY character, which character would it be, and why? Take your time, your answer may have some fun implications and could stir debate...

BATARAD - What well-known persona, actor or otherwise, would you like to see cast in a movie with Clint, and why? If you're REALLY feeling frisky, name a genre (comedy, western, thriller, etc.) or title (even if it's a book that hasn't been movie-fied) of a movie they'd both be in, and what characters they'd play.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Joey

Sally knows only too well...

View Profile Email
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2003, 07:26:47 PM »

JOEY:  Since you're a big Unforgiven fan, what is your favorite quote from the film and what is your favorite scene?  Why is this scene your favorite?

The first time I saw Unforgiven, the final showdown at Greely's Bar was the most riveting experience I've ever felt watching a movie. This would have to be my favourite scene, I love the way it all plays out, like we are witnessing a myth. When Munny dispatches of all the men single-handedly, you question whether it is real or not, it just has this fantastic quality to it.

And so, my favourite quote in a film that is littered with great quotes is-
" That's right ... I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

It just forces the sheer visceral impact of the scene, it still gives me chills whenever I hear it.

I'm going to have to watch it again now, I think! ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 07:27:59 PM by Joey » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2003, 07:45:49 PM »

Matt- If you could have one prop from any Eastwood-directed film, what would it be?

Ouch!  For a minute there I was gonna say The Poncho, then noticed the "Eastwood-directed" part of the question.  That rules out a few things I'd love to have.  Harry's car would have been another top choice.

But in the Eastwood-directed films, although I have no use for guns, I'm gonna go with Josey's Navy Colt revolvers.  I'd frame them and hang them up.  That would be cool.  8)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2003, 07:50:57 PM »

Matt:  Clint is casting for "City Heat 2".  Thankfully Burt Reynolds is not being considered to play opposite Eastwood again.  Who would have the right chemistry with Clint to pull off that role?

Eeek, a City Heat sequel.  :o

As for who to cast... ME!  I'd do it!!!  :D

Seriously, is it okay if I cop out and give the same answer here that I've given in other tags where I've been asked who I'd love to see Clint work with?  I can see Harrison Ford... they both have a knack for comedy, they both can play cops, they are close enough in age, and they look like they could be buddies in the real world, so I think that would come off on screen.

If anyone is getting tired of my Harrison Ford answers and wants to pipe in here with some other ideas for me, that would be cool.

I've got two more tags coming up...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 08:04:53 PM by Matt » Logged
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2003, 07:54:34 PM »

If anyone is getting tired of my Harrison Ford answers and wants to pipe in here with some other ideas for me, that would be cool.

Oh Matt, you really wouldnt like who I have in mind...  ;D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2003, 08:04:11 PM »

... on second thought...  ;) :-X
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2003, 08:11:43 PM »

TAGGING...

PHILO:  If there is one item that you've been wanting to add to your Eastwood collection more than any other, but haven't been able to find yet, what is it?

CHRISTOPHER:  I asked this of someone else earlier, so I'm recycling... which character would you most like to take out on a date from an Eastwood film?
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2003, 08:22:04 PM »

From Matt :

PHILO:  If there is one item that you've been wanting to add to your Eastwood collection more than any other, but haven't been able to find yet, what is it?

An item that should be out there but I have yet to find is a 35mm trailer for Bird. Once I find this it will complete my full collection of Eastwood trailers. There is a combo trailer that I don't have but in the case of teaser and full trailers Bird is all I need .

skippy

What is your favourite Eastwood poster image ?

Gant

What do you think of the shorter version of Firefox , do you think Estwood was happy to reduce its length?

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2003, 08:22:23 PM »

... on second thought...  ;) :-X

;D

Ah come on, you gotta admit, it would be so bad, it would be great.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2003, 08:31:32 PM »

;D

Ah come on, you gotta admit, it would be so bad, it would be great.

Maybe.  But that would bring all the Schwarzenegger fans from all over the web to our site to want to talk about Arnold, and in turn would drive the 3 Mods nuts.  ;)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2003, 08:33:10 PM »

From Matt:
CHRISTOPHER:  I asked this of someone else earlier, so I'm recycling... which character would you most like to take out on a date from an Eastwood film?
I would consider Carol from The Beguiled, but I'm sure if she didn't get what she wanted from me, she'd have it in for me.

Then, there's Becky Jacklin from Tightrope, which Matt put so delicately:
It's a damn shame there aren't more women around who can suck the sicle off a pop like Becky Jacklin.  (That sounds a lot worse than it should.  :o )
She's another possibility. :o

Being the respectable young man that I am, I can see that I need to come up with some more.......suitable young ladies. ;D

Hey, I know! Maybe Tobie from Play Misty for Me.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2003, 08:44:19 PM »

Matt: Looking at Clint's post-Bridges films, which has been your favorite?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2003, 09:05:47 PM »

Matt: Looking at Clint's post-Bridges films, which has been your favorite?

Definitely True Crime.  Although it's a flawed film, it's got some outSTANDing performances, like Isaiah Washington as Frank Beachum, Lisa Gay Hamilton as Bonnie Beachum, Diane Venora as Everett's wife, and even though James Woods was over-the-top, those scenes are hysterical and I really enjoy them.  A laugh-out-loud scene:

EVERETT: Damn it, Bob! Why don't you hit me in the f**king face, will you? I'll fall down, I'll bleed, I'll do all that. I deserve it. Then you can go home and hit your wife, 'cause she likes it.

MANN: (Laughs) Nice one, babe.

And I love the story!  The scene where Bonnie bangs on the glass of the observation window when we're not sure if Frank has lived or died is one of the most emotionally-charged scenes in all of Eastwood, at least it is for me.  I don't think the ending is a cop-out at all, because in that same scene, we're not sure if Frank died, and we feel the tragedy of that moment as much as if he had.  But then, we also get to feel the elation of realizing that Beachum survived and was reunited with his family.  

And I really enjoy Eastwood's performance too. Everett is another of my favorite Eastwood characters.  Another flawed hero, though more flawed than most.  Still, very likeable and fun to watch.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2003, 09:26:01 PM »

I'm gonna tag Lilly since we haven't seen her in a few days.  Gotta make sure we keep her coming back here!  :)

LILLY:  Since you're a big In the Line of Fire fan, if you needed to come up with one thing about this film that could be changed to improve it, what would it be?  
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2003, 12:25:36 AM »

I think I owe EIGHT tags now ... here goes.

Matt: I'll reverse the baseball question. You're managing the Yankees and you're trailing by a run in the bottom of the ninth. You have men on second and third and two out ... what character from an Eastwood film (doesn't have to be played by Clint) do you send in as a pinch hitter to get the win? (And you want a win ... Mo is tired.) And how does he get it?

Lilly: What male character in an Eastwood film can you imagine being played by a female, and who would you cast in the part?

bcm: I'm going to give you a tag inspired by one MC gave me ... Name one European-born actor (either gender) you'd like to see Clint work with. It can be as a co-star or in a film Eastwood is directing only. Where would the film be set—in the U.S. or in the actor's native country?

Brendan: What line in an Eastwood film makes you laugh the most? (It doesn't have to be spoken by Clint.)

AKA: I haven't tagged you in this game yet ... You've won a contest and get to attend a private screening of one of Clint's films WITH Clint ... just you and him. The catch is, it's Blood Work. Do you go? And if you do ... what do you say to him afterwards?

Misty71: You can have an exact copy of any wardrobe item from any Eastwood movie ... in your size. What would it be?

allycat: You must know a lot about Hitchcock by now. Imagine one scene in an Eastwood-directed film were being directed by Hitchcock (same actors and script). What would he do differently?

Stranger: (or any other collector who'd like to jump in here) ... You are told you can have one actual prop from any Clint film you like for your collection ... but not a weapon, or a vehicle. What do you select, and why?
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2003, 04:49:38 AM »

Misty71: You can have an exact copy of any wardrobe item from any Eastwood movie ... in your size. What would it be?

Ok-Eveerybody whos feeling blue today, be prepared to smile again.
 My answer is gonna seem weird.Im not gonna go for the poncho, Im not gonna go for the dirty harry suit, or the Josey Wales attire.
 First off, Im not anything close to a fashionable dresser, so be aware that the wardrobe item that Ill choose would be something that I would definately wear. ;) Im gonna have to go with two things, but since theyre both from the same movies, I guess it'll be alright.
Ok theyre both coats, and theyre both from the enforcer.
 I tried to find decent pictures of both, but its really hard.

and the other one would be the one on matts avatar, this one;

I know I know, I could have tried and find some better pics, but its hard when youre looking for a perticular item of clothing.
So those would be my 2 choices,yeah, id could see myself walking down the street with that.
 I once mentioned the first one to my mom, I said I liked it and wanted one like that, she laughed for like an hour, saying everyone had a jacket like that in the 70s, and I'd look silly with one.
 But then I guess all my clothes look silly ;)
Be back with tags
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 04:52:55 AM by misty71 » Logged

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2003, 05:04:04 AM »

MATT: Youre in a video store, and they have this huge screen tv, and for some reason, theyre playing "Paint your wagon" on it.You stare for a couple of seconds, amused, and then someone taps on your shoulder. you turn around-it's clint!!!! He goes "Hi, do you like the movie?" What do you answer matt? Do you compliment him on it to flatter him, or do you tell him the movie sucked??? (Maybe you could tell him "the 3 reasons why pardner is god" thing)

XICHADO:If you could re-do one of the stunts that's in a clint movie which would it be and why?

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
MC

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2003, 08:45:31 AM »

MC:  I know you like Jessica Walter from Play Misty For Me.  What other female co-star in an Eastwood film did you really like?

Good question, as there are a lot of good ones to choose from. I'll have to go with a somewhat obvious choice, Meryl Streep in The Bridges of Maidson County. Although I've never been a huge Streep fan, I recently saw this film again and was blown away by her performance. Sure, she nailed the accent (as usual), but her performance cut much deeper than that. Highly impressive.

Rene Russo in In The Line of Fire also registered strongly, but not enough to top Streep...
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2003, 08:52:22 AM »

Brendan: What line in an Eastwood film makes you laugh the most? (It doesn't have to be spoken by Clint.)

Too many KC, too many. I can't pick just one. That's too hard. Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T