News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TAG, you're it!  (Read 116122 times)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2003, 06:19:27 PM »

From Mr pants :

Philo - Whats your favorite fist fighting sequence out of all Eastwood's movies?

I think the pool room fight in Coogan's bluff takes some "beating"

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2003, 06:20:31 PM »

Tagging....

Matt:  If you could go back in time and be in any Clint movie in his career, which would you choose, which character would you play and why?

I was lucky to be asked this question in the last "Tag" game, and I answered that the character I'd most like to play would be el Indio from For a Few Dollars More.  I just think that the part is so cool.  He's gotta be my favorite villain, and I'd love to have that pocket watch and be that cold and evil... and to be killed in a showdown with Van Cleef as Eastwood waits in the wings... how awesome would that be?  ;D

I'll give my second choice here too. I think one of the best co-starring parts in any Eastwood film is the character of Peter Verrill in White Hunter, Black Heart.  I'd have some great scenes, like the scene with Margaret MacGregor ("Madam, I have dined with some of the ugliest god damn b!tches in my time. And I have dined with some of the god damnest ugly b!tches in this world. But, you, my dear, are the ugliest b!tch of them all.") And the crazy flight ("Pete, I'm gonna take myself a nap. Please don't wake me unless you're sure we're gonna crash cause ... I wouldn't want to miss something like that.")  And as Verrill, I'd get to deliver some great lines of my own.  Like this one:

You're either crazy, or the most egocentric, irresponsible son-of-a-b!tch that I have ever met. You're about to blow this whole picture out of your nose, John. And for what? To commit a crime. To kill one of the rarest, most noble creatures that roams the face of this crummy earth. And in order to commit this crime, you're willing to forget about all of us and let this whole god damn thing go down the drain.

I think it's a great part in an outstanding film, and I'd be on an Eastwood-directed set, in a lot of scenes with "the Man".  That's the stuff dreams are made of. :)
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2003, 06:27:56 PM »

Tagging :

The stranger (I will be seeing him tomorrow and my mission is to get him on here to answer his tags)  :P

Which never released Eastwood soundtrack do you most want in your collection ?

KC

You are in charge of the web board's Eastwood festival that was talked about some time back. What is on the agenda for us and who connected to Eastwood would you try to book for guest spots ?

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2003, 06:33:31 PM »

TAGGING:  

Misty:  I don't think I've tagged you yet this game, so here's one for you.  

You're one of our youngest members, what do your family and friends think of how much you like Clint Eastwood?  Do any of them share your enthusiasm?  Do any think you're nuts? ;)  If you wanted to try to get a friend hooked on Eastwood, name the one film that you think has the best shot of winning him/her over.
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2003, 06:45:50 PM »

You're one of our youngest members, what do your family and friends think of how much you like Clint Eastwood?  Do any of them share your enthusiasm?  Do any think you're nuts?   If you wanted to try to get a friend hooked on Eastwood, name the one film that you think has the best shot of winning him/her over.

Thanks for the tag! My mother thinks Clint is alright, and she doesnt mind watching all his films over and over with me  ;D(Im not a person who likes to watch tv alone, like if a scene makes me laugh, I feel somewhat silly laughing all alone) and all my family is aware that if they see anything eastwood related, they must call me imediatly, wheter it's a movie on tv, or a book on sale, whatever, theyre always checking!My uncle Melvin was a Huge clint fan back in the 70s, he tells me he has a lot of his movies.My mom thinks Ive wasted a lot of money on him, but shes used to me spending on things like that, and she thinks its great that I already have a big collection. :D
 My cousin, whos younger (well older than me, but younger than the rest of my family) thinks its silly,but she doesnt mind it. I have begged her 1000 times to watch the enforcer with me, and finally she said yes. at the beginning, she was doing crosswords/not paying attention, but in the end, when someone called her up on the phone she said "can you call back later?Im actually watching a movie I enjoy, for once!" :P and recently, she watched thunderbolt and lightfoot with me.
 So everyone thinks its great, they were all clint fans 30 or so years ago.
 As for my friends, they think its funny, but theyre ok with it (and they know they better not say bad things about The Man >:()Most of 'em dont even know who he is.
 A friend hooked on Eastwood? Well, it worked with the enforcer, but if I had to re-do it now, with the movies that I own now, I'd probably go with Dirty Harry, since it was the one that got me hooked.

tags coming up in a while

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2003, 06:51:28 PM »

JIGONSKI:Is there a scene in an Eastwood film that gets you laughing every time you watch it, no matter how often you see it?

KC:Youre approached from a big clothing company.They want you to design a clint eastwood t-shirt, with a picture of him and a quote, both have to be from the same movie.What design would you do and why?

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2003, 07:33:15 PM »

Doug: Which Eastwood film do you think is the most underrated?  And, why?

A tough one, because I can think of a few.  Sticking with Eastwood directed movies, it's a toss up between  A Perfect World, Bridges of Madison County,  White Hunter, Black Heart, or Bronco Billy.  

Even though I haven't seen it a while, I'd have to say White Hunter, Black Heart.  Bridges grossed a lot and got a lot of good reviews, but I think a lot of people couldn't get past the awful book it was based on and give it more praise.  A Perfect World should have been an Oscar contender, but seemed mostly overlooked.  However, it did at least get some good recognition because of it following so closely to Unforgiven.   But White Huner, Black Heart was pre-Unforgiven and was probably the most overlooked of his "art" movies.  At least I think so.  

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2003, 07:48:58 PM »

[Doug - Of all the guns he uses in his films, which does he look most natural or most comfortable using?

Hmm, there's no gun he doesn't look natural using.  However, to pick one I'd have to go with:

C'mon, no gun has been as closely associated with an actor as the .44 magnum with Clint.  It's an awesome thing when he pulls out the .44 from his holster.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2003, 08:01:22 PM »

tags:

Christopher: You're about ready to direct your first movie, and you happen to bump into Clint, and he tells you good luck with your movie, need any advice?  What would be the one question you'd want to ask him about directing?

Daisy: What's your favorite opening sequence to a Clint film?

AKA: Which Clint movie do you think has the most positive message?

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2003, 10:34:46 PM »

AKA: I haven't tagged you in this game yet ... You've won a contest and get to attend a private screening of one of Clint's films WITH Clint ... just you and him. The catch is, it's Blood Work. Do you go? And if you do ... what do you say to him afterwards?

Well, OF course I go! I'd have to have even less sanity than I do now to refuse such an opportunity! I think it may have been you, but somebody asked me in the last tag game if Clint asked me what I thought of  Blood Work what I'd say, whether I'd tell the truth, whether I'd blast the movie, etc..this seems to be a similar type question along those lines. Honestly, of course, I'd go, and afterwards, if he asked me what I thought I'd just very diplomatically tell him that it wasn't one of my favorites, that I thought he'd done much better films, and probably just leave it at that. Anything more would be disrespectful. So, yes, I'd go, and if he asked me about it , I'd just say the truth, but not as emphatically as I have in review commentary on the board, because that wouldn't be aproppriate. If he wanted further detail, and was interested in hearing why I thought that, I'd go into some more detail and discussion over why, but still try to do it in a genuine and nice way.

I do have to say that the whole experience might in fact make such an impression upon me that I might even look more favorably on the film, connecting it with the amazing experience of being with Clint, watching it with him, discussing things afterward. The film itself would still be of poor quality, but I have a feeling that the brain has a way of connecting experiences that we have, independent of the actual subject of that experience. Whether or not the film was good or not would fade into the background, and most probably when evaluating the film, I'd connect it with the experience that I had in relation to it, and would therefore have a somewhat different recollection.

Does that answer your question, or were you looking forward what I'd say to Clint if I had the opportunity type answer, not related to that film, etc...
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2003, 10:38:15 PM »

AKA: We know that Eastwood is interested in making a movie about Neil Armstrong. Is there another person you'd like to see Eastwood making a movie about?

Not really. I'll reserve judgement on this particular film until if and when it is released and I see it, but on the whole, I wasn't too impressed with the idea. With Bird , at least Eastwood had a strong connection to the material, a love of jazz, a deep admiration for the subject. I think by and large Eastwood should be doing different types of films that he is better suited for and leave biographical pictures for somebody else to do.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2003, 10:45:04 PM »

tags:

AKA: Which Clint movie do you think has the most positive message?

I don't see TOO many films in Eastwood's filmography that have this overwhelmingly positive message in them, and this might seem like the easiest answer to give, but it seems to me as if Bronco Billy has the most positive message. It's one of the few Eastwood films where there even is a message. I think you'd be hard pressed to find any kind of clear message or directive in most of Eastwood's work. For the most part, I think Clint Eastwood is interested in telling a story, not imparting any deep philosophical or social message.

In Bronco Billy , however, I see a very positive message. Work hard at what you do, seize the opportunities available to you, and you can do what you want to do and be the kind of person that you want to be. Anybody can succeed, according to Bronco Billy. Anyone can have a happy and fulfilling life, just as long as they know what they want, and they take steps to grab it or realize it. Nothing is out of reach. Everything is possible. That's the message of Bronco Billy , and I think any film with that kind of message has to be the most positive one of ANYONE's filmography, let alone Eastwood's.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2003, 11:19:25 PM »

KC - If Eastwood were a religous man (I am not sure if he is) what faith do you think he would profess?
Sorry, the faith of others is not something I would presume to speculate on. All I can tell you is that on p. 36 of Schickel's authorized biography, it is implied that Eastwood is more inclined to something Schickel calls "Pacific Rim trancendentalism" (finding spiritual renewal in the majesty of nature, such as it presents itself in Yosemite National Park) than to organized, formal religion.

KC
You are in charge of the web board's Eastwood festival that was talked about some time back. What is on the agenda for us and who connected to Eastwood would you try to book for guest spots ?

Philo .

I'm not good at organizing such things ... As for events, I think I'd prefer to delegate my responsibility to the great folks on the Web Board, and see what they could come up with. Perhaps we could have panel discussions on special topics (for instance, D'Amb and Concorde on "Eastwood's Weapons").

If I'm picking the films, though, you know they would include Unforgiven.

As to whom to invite ... Holden Pike and I had such a great time talking to Joel Cox in Baltimore two years ago ... I'd love for him to address the group and share with us all what it's been like to be one of Eastwood's closest collaborators over the past quarter-century.

KC:Youre approached from a big clothing company.They want you to design a clint eastwood t-shirt, with a picture of him and a quote, both have to be from the same movie.What design would you do and why?
Hmm, I don't really like walking around in T-shirts with pictures of people on them ... even Clint. I think I'd prefer just a quote, or perhaps a quote and something suggesting one of the films. Maybe that "It's a sin to kill an elephant" speech from White Hunter, Black Heart, and in the background, the final shot from the film, elephants in the distance against the African skyline. And somehere, in small type, the film title ...

Hope that answers everyone's questions satisfactorily ... tags coming.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2003, 12:47:57 AM »

I finally thought of four tags ... sorry to keep tagging the same people, but it's late and I like these guys' answers, so far! ;)

Doug: What's your favorite "angry moment" in an Eastwood film?

eustressor: If Kevin Costner hadn't been available to portray Butch in A Perfect World, who would you like to have seen in the part?

mgk: What's the landscape you feel is used most effectively as a story element in an Eastwood film?

raimius: What do you think is the best jazz composition in an Eastwood film (whether or not it was composed for the film)?
DirtyDuffy45

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

DirtyDuffy45:  You are walking through a meadow and notice a leprechaun who has lost his way.  He asks you for directions, and when you give them to him, he rewards you with a strange gift.  Like it or not, you are about to become one of the Clint Eastwood characters, and live his life... (even if it means going back to live in a different era, if need be) FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.  The leprechaun asks you which character you choose to become.  Which would it be?  And would you like this strange gift, or would you prefer it if you had never run into that leprechaun in the first place?

gotta go with The Man With No Name just cause I would love to be out west in the olden days and well of course hes the man no one would screw with you.  Gotta love the intimidation factor from his character.
Aline

Email
« Reply #315 on: June 20, 2003, 08:13:05 AM »

Tagging....

ALINE:  What is your favorite cast from an Eastwood film, and why?

Sorry the delay  ;D

I've to choose two.
From 70's films,Dirty Harry.All the cast,specially Andy Robinson.

From 90's films,White Hunter Black Heart.I like George Dzundza and Alun Armstrong.
And the why is they are absolutely perfect in their characteres.I can't imagine nobody replacing them.
Paul Landers and Ralph Lockart are very funny and annoying.I like seeing the way John Wilson's speech get them stunned.

Tag to:

Xichado- What you favorite scene in Blood Work?Why?

Doug-What actor and actress you never would like to see working with Clint?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 08:33:13 AM by Aline » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #316 on: June 20, 2003, 09:15:59 AM »

Christopher: You're about ready to direct your first movie, and you happen to bump into Clint, and he tells you good luck with your movie, need any advice?  What would be the one question you'd want to ask him about directing?
I've heard Eastwood talk about being calm on the set, and how that it needs to start with the director, then it can move on to the rest of the crew, so I'd probably ask him how he's able to stay calm and keep a relaxed set. He's obviously been doing something good, considering how people talk about what it's been like to work with him.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2003, 09:22:02 AM »

tagging:

Brendan: If you could erase one film off of Eastwood's filmography, which one would it be?

Matt: If you could have been a crew member on one of Eastwood's movies, which movie would you choose, and what position would you want to have?
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2003, 09:30:38 AM »

Brendan: If you could erase one film off of Eastwood's filmography, which one would it be?

Pink Cadillac or The Rookie. Its hard to choose between those to.

Christopher - If you could erase one film off of Eastwood's filmography, which one would it be?

Doug - If you could erase one film off of Eastwood's filmography, which one would it be?
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2003, 09:47:50 AM »

IDoug: What's your favorite "angry moment" in an Eastwood film?

I think I'll have to go with the original Dirty Harry when he hunts down Scorpio and steps on his leg to get him to reveal where the girl is.  That's pretty intense, and its such a classic scene.  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T