News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TAG, you're it!  (Read 116127 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2003, 06:14:35 AM »

Matt
If you was in a Bathroom with Clint.. ;D ;D relax, just kidding!
What 70's or 80's TV Series do you think Clint would of worked well in?-Stranger- ;)

Easy one!  Starsky and Hutch!  He'd be Starsky, and he'd work with David Soul (again).    And Lalo Schifrin worked on the theme song!  I loved this series growing up!

Cool car, too.
misty71

I'm a guitar player

View Profile Email
« Reply #381 on: June 22, 2003, 06:15:27 AM »

DOUG:Which Clint film, that he didnt direct, do you feel could have been even better if he had directed it and why?

MGK:A lot of things have been said about "what if clint made another western" Some say that he has made his farewell to the western with "unforgiven" others say that if he did it that time, theres no reason he could do one other great western. So where do you stand? would you like to see clint star in another western? and if so, what kind of character would you like him to play and why?

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
 Keith Richards
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #382 on: June 22, 2003, 06:37:04 AM »

Tags I owe:

1) DirtyDuffy45:  I just ran across this post of yours that shows that you like Eastwood's Pulovski character.

Since your talkin best performance, Im goin with the Rookie! You all know the character was perfect! Pulovski's the man! great performance!

Is this accurate?  You really like Eastwood's Pulovski?  If so, what is it you like so much about him?

2) Matt: While we're talking about The Rookie, what actors and actresses has Eastwood used in his other films that you would replace the following characters with in hopes to make the movie a little better?

David Ackerman
Liesl
Strom

Or, do you feel it's an okay movie the way it is or do you feel, no matter who you put in there, it will never be a good movie?

3) zoso: Eastwood has had car trouble and has knocked on your door at 5:00 o'clock one night.  You help him make arrangements to have the car fixed but it won't be ready until noon tomorrow.  He tells you that he doesn't know where he's going to stay for the night so you invite him to stay at your house.  What will you do to entertain him that night and part of the next day?

4) D'Amb: Which of these characters would you most like the opportunity to play and why:

a) Jasper 'Buddy' Noone (Jeff Daniels) in Blood Work.
b) Jerry O'Neill (Donald Sutherland) in Space Cowboys.
c) Hull Barret (Michael Moriarty) in Pale Rider.
d) "Lasso" Leonard James (Sam Bottoms) in Bronco Billy.
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2003, 06:46:42 AM »

MGK:A lot of things have been said about "what if clint made another western" Some say that he has made his farewell to the western with "unforgiven" others say that if he did it that time, theres no reason he could do one other great western. So where do you stand? would you like to see clint star in another western? and if so, what kind of character would you like him to play and why?

The problem with Eastwood trying to make another western after Unforgiven is that finding a script that is better than or just as good as Unforgiven could prove impossible.  As a fan, I would love to see him keep making good movies so I would always wecome the opportunity to see him in another western or another drama or anything else that he thought would make an excellent movie.   Unforgiven is just going to be hard to top.  So, I guess, in spite of my desire to see him in another western,  I'd rather see him leave well enough alone and concentrate on something else.

I just posted four tags today; give me a few minutes to come up with two more.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2003, 06:47:22 AM »

We'll be wrapping this game up tonight when we post the Dirty Harry discussion.  The way it will work... we'd still love everyone who has already been tagged to answer their tags, but after answering, they won't tag anyone else.  I think this game really can only run for about two weeks at a time before it starts to get really hard to keep fun and interesting.  We'll start up again in another 6-12 months.

Here's my four tags:

PHILO:  Instead of the more complex questions you've been getting... list in order, if you can, your top three favorite Clint Eastwood films and your bottom three  (least favorite) Clint Eastwood films.

STRANGER:  (See if this looks just a little familiar ;))  You are in a hotel, you have to visit the Toilet (Bathroom ???) You are amazed when you walk in there, Clint is using the urinal right at the end..
There are 25 urinals, leaving 24 urinals free to use.. Do you take that long long echoing walk down to where Clint is standing to use the Urinal next to Clint ? ;D ;D

(Told you I'd get you back for that one some day! ;D  Too bad Agent isn't around for me to hand him back his "you have diarrhea and need to go to the bathroom, but if you do, you'll miss meeting Clint" question. ;D)

ALLYCAT:  Since you're a Hitchcock fan, I'm going to borrow a question that KC asked me earlier in the game: Can you see Eastwood as the leading man in any existing Hitchcock movie (of the ones you've seen)? If so, which one? If not ... why not?

CHRISTOPHER:  (Since Agent isn't around... in honor of him! ;) )  You’re dining at the Hog’s Breath Inn while passing through Carmel, but unfortunately you’ve been having the “runs” lately, and the meal you’re eating causes your sensitive stomach to react, requiring your immediate attention. However, as you rise to your feet, Clint suddenly walks in for just a moment to say hello to some of the staff. Here’s your opportunity to meet him and perhaps even get his autograph, but doing so will mean certain disaster (and embarrassment). But you won’t get another chance like this again. What do you choose to do?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 06:50:06 AM by Matt » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2003, 07:17:38 AM »

2) Matt: While we're talking about The Rookie, what actors and actresses has Eastwood used in his other films that you would replace the following characters with in hopes to make the movie a little better?

David Ackerman
Liesl
Strom

Or, do you feel it's an okay movie the way it is or do you feel, no matter who you put in there, it will never be a good movie?

Yikes.... not to cop-out, but I really don't know enough actors and actresses that aren't the "big names" that I could fill not one, but three roles with.   :-\  

I think the film would have been better with these parts recast, but I couldn't begin to tell you who.  I'd like to see Strom and Liesl replaced with actors who looked like they could pass for Germans, but who?  I don't know.

Can I get a different question?  Please?  ;D
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #386 on: June 22, 2003, 07:50:12 AM »

Well, you wouldn't have even gotten this question if I hadn't posted one minute before you told us not to tag anyone.  So, I'll let you off the hook here.  Do you want to let me off the hook and I don't have to come up with another question for you? :-*  If not, let me put my thinking cap back on.
MC

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #387 on: June 22, 2003, 07:59:12 AM »

MC: I asked Matt this question but I knew what his answer was going to be.  ;)  Which of the seven new DVDs are you looking the most forward to seeing and/or owning?  City Heat, Honkytonk Man, Pink Cadillac, The Rookie, Tightrope, Where Eagles Dare, or White Hunter, Black Heart?

White Hunter, Black Heart is my favorite of the group, so that might seem like the obvious choice. But since I already own it on VHS and just rewatched it again last week, and since the DVD doesn't have any notable extras (what a wasted opportunity), I'm going to have to opt for another title...

The new DVD I'm most looking forward to seeing is Honkytonk Man because I've never seen it before (oh, the horror), and it'll be nice to see it for the first time in full DVD glory.

The new DVD I'm most looking forward to owning is Tightrope because it's probably my favorite Eastwood flick that isn't already in my collection. Ordinarily I only purchase "fully loaded" DVDs, but in this case I might have to make an exception since I don't already own the film -- and it is Eastwood, after all.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2003, 08:01:54 AM »

Well, you wouldn't have even gotten this question if I hadn't posted one minute before you told us not to tag anyone.  So, I'll let you off the hook here.  Do you want to let me off the hook and I don't have to come up with another question for you? :-*  If not, let me put my thinking cap back on.

No, we're tagging until tonight.  When the Dirty Harry discussion is posted, we'll stop tagging here.  

Sooooooooo... hit me!  ;D
MC

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2003, 08:05:48 AM »

Tagging....

Brendan: In the Perfect World discussion, you stated that the film deserved Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Director, Actor (Costner), Screenplay and Cinematography (I agree with all five). What about a category you omitted, Best Supporting Actor? I know you feel Eastwood's performance was good-but-not-great, so I'm assuming you don't feel his perf was quite good enough to make the cut, but do you think T.J. Lowther's performance was impressive enough to warrant a Best Supporting Actor nomination?

mgk: What's the best back-to-back-to-back trio of films Eastwood has directed in his career, and what's the weakest threesome?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 08:06:55 AM by MC » Logged
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2003, 08:06:39 AM »

I'd like to hit you, Matt, but I won't.  ;)

Give me a minute.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 08:07:47 AM by mgk » Logged
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2003, 08:20:32 AM »

mgk: What's the best back-to-back-to-back trio of films Eastwood has directed in his career, and what's the weakest threesome?

Wow!!  Sure wish I could do a four-some.  Okay, the best threesome in a row would probably have to be Unforgiven, In the Line of Fire, and A Perfect World.  (If you had let me have four, I woud have included The Bridges of Madison County.)

Now, for the worst threesome in a row, I think I would have to go with Any Which Way You Can, Firefox, and Honkytonk Man.

Now, I owe four tags counting the re-tag I have to do for Matt. >:(  Be right back.

This one doesn't count...see correct answer below. :P
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 10:59:20 AM by mgk » Logged
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2003, 08:37:40 AM »

Tagging:

Matt:  What is your favorite "Tuco" scene in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly?  I know he's priceless all the way through that film but is there one time when you think he shines even more than all the other scenes?

Christopher:  We do love to pick on you about your like for Paint Your Wagon, don't we?  ;D What is your favorite scene in that whole (long) movie?

Brendon:  Have we heard your opinion on Blood Work?  Hope not but, if we have, could you tell me again? Did you like it?  Had you read the book before you saw it?

bcm: What are your four favorite roles that Eastwood has played throughout his career?
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2003, 08:40:48 AM »

Brendan: In the Perfect World discussion, you stated that the film deserved Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Director, Actor (Costner), Screenplay and Cinematography (I agree with all five). What about a category you omitted, Best Supporting Actor? I know you feel Eastwood's performance was good-but-not-great, so I'm assuming you don't feel his perf was quite good enough to make the cut, but do you think T.J. Lowther's performance was impressive enough to warrant a Best Supporting Actor nomination?

Well first off to answer this I need to tell you who other supporting actor nominees were at the time:

Fugitive, The (1993) - Tommy Lee Jones  
In the Line of Fire (1993) - John Malkovich
In the Name of the Father (1993) - Pete Postlethwaite
Schindler's List (1993) - Ralph Fiennes
What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) - Leonardo DiCaprio

Now, Jones was awsome in The Fugitive and he deserved the win. Fiennes was amazing in Schindlers List and deserved that nomination along with Malkovich for his In the Line of Fire performance.

I havent seen the Postlethwaite or DiCaprio movies they were nominated for, but I'm going to assume that deserved it.

Clint's performance was good, but those three I mentioned before (Jones, Fiennes & Malkovich) were way better, and with three out of the five nominations taken already, I guess Clint wouldn't have gotten nominated anyway. T.J. Lowthers performance was good, but was it as good as those three guys? No.

Was it Oscar nomination good? Yes. Should he have gotten nominated? I suppose, but as we know, the Academy overlooks Clint the same amount of times they've screwed Scorsese out of the directing award.

Hope that answers your question.  :-\

misty71 - If you got the chance to play an extra in one of these movies: True Crime, Space Cowboys or Blood Work, which one would you pick? Why?

Matt - Suppose Eastwood did give in and made a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger, what kind of movie would you want it to be and what would happen to the characters? Would they be teamed up? Or pitted against each other?
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #394 on: June 22, 2003, 08:48:26 AM »

Brendon:  Have we heard your opinion on Blood Work?  Hope not but, if we have, could you tell me again? Did you like it?  Had you read the book before you saw it?

Actually I just re-posted a new review of Blood Work awhile ago, here.

I didnt entirely hate the movie, but I didn't entirely enjoy the movie either.

I had read the book before seeing the movie and I was furious as hell at the major changes that were made. I expect changes to be made going from book to screen, but wow, I wasn't expecting all that.

If Brian Helgaland had of stayed true to the book, than it would have been a much better movie. I couldn't beleive he changed the killer as well and turned it into a Hollywood cliche.

Comparing the book to the movie, the movie was garbage. Looking at it on its own, it was ok, but nothing special. A horrid supporting cast and big cliche, hurt the movie all around. It's a shame too. I was really looking forward to this movie being a Clint come-back sort of thing, ever since Space Cowboys rocked the box office.

mgk - I don't think I've tagged you at all, but if you were in a coffee shop (like Starbucks or something) and you heard someone talking bad about Eastwood like, "this movie sucked." or, "he should just retire.", what would you do? Would you say anything?
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2003, 09:28:39 AM »

mgk - I don't think I've tagged you at all, but if you were in a coffee shop (like Starbucks or something) and you heard someone talking bad about Eastwood like, "this movie sucked." or, "he should just retire.", what would you do? Would you say anything?

Actually, Brendan, I was really lucky this time.  I was at Starbucks with Matt and I didn't have to do a thing.  Matt took very good care of the problem and I didn't even have to open my mouth.....and, I'm sure glad, too. ;D I'm not fond of those kinds of confrontations so I was delighted to just watch. :)

MC:  Which Eastwood film do you think has the best ending?  Do you like one that sort of sums everything up or do you prefer an ending that makes you keep thinking long after you've finished the film?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2003, 09:31:31 AM »

I was at Starbucks with Matt and I didn't have to do a thing.  Matt took very good care of the problem and I didn't even have to open my mouth.....and, I'm sure glad, too. ;D I'm not fond of those kinds of confrontations so I was delighted to just watch. :)

And I enjoyed it!  ;D
Brendan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2003, 09:53:09 AM »

Actually, Brendan, I was really lucky this time.  I was at Starbucks with Matt and I didn't have to do a thing.  Matt took very good care of the problem and I didn't even have to open my mouth.....and, I'm sure glad, too. ;D I'm not fond of those kinds of confrontations so I was delighted to just watch. :)

MC:  Which Eastwood film do you think has the best ending?  Do you like one that sort of sums everything up or do you prefer an ending that makes you keep thinking long after you've finished the film?

Cool. Matt care to explain? You can PM me if you want or share it with the board. :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #398 on: June 22, 2003, 10:23:50 AM »

We were joking, it didn't happen. But I've had lots of practice defending the Yankees to my White Sox neighbor who loves to goad me with how Steinbrenner buys championships.  This would be a breeze in comparison.  I'd probably just keep asking him questions about why he thought this particular movie sucked.  If he was talking about the most recent, Blood Work, he might have some points.  But, I'd then have to ask him if he'd seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Dirty Harry, Tightrope, Unforgiven, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, High Plains Drifter, Escape from Alcatraz, The Beguiled, Play Misty for Me, White Hunter, Black Heart, In the Line of Fire, A Perfect World and The Bridges of Madison County.  I might ask him if he knows any other actor who not only stars in his films, but produces them, directs them, helps cast them, helps edit them and composes music to them.  I'd even ask him if he knows any other actor who's been successful in the business for five decades.  By then, I doubt he'd continue the argument.  ;)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #399 on: June 22, 2003, 10:25:01 AM »

Wow!!  Sure wish I could do a four-some.  Okay, the best threesome in a row would probably have to be Unforgiven, In the Line of Fire, and A Perfect World.  (If you had let me have four, I woud have included The Bridges of Madison County.)

Now, for the worst threesome in a row, I think I would have to go with Any Which Way You Can, Firefox, and Honkytonk Man.

Hmm, mg ... hate to nit pick, but the tag was to name "the best back-to-back-to-back trio of films Eastwood has directed in his career, and ... the weakest threesome." (Emphasis added.) I know you know Eastwood didn't direct In the Line of Fire or Any Which Way You Can ... So? ;)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T