News: Now showing in theaters: CRY MACHO, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tag, you're it! #2 (Swell, another Eastwood game)  (Read 105650 times)
Aline

Email
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2003, 02:57:20 PM »

No,that wasn't what I meant.

"Do a crazyness for an idol" are little things that qualify you a big fan.Things such as behavior yourself like a fool and don't care if people blame you or not; travel only to watch a his movie that still didn't open in your city and you can't wait; cry if can't time or money enough to do the travel; if see him in a place full of people, be able to confront the crowd trying at least take a look at him closer;shout his name until he could hear, things like that.

Palm

BOMC (Best Of Many Clint's)

View Profile Email
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2003, 03:55:20 PM »

good gosh all mighty i just written down a real long answer to all of my tags and then i got the message that i wasn't logged in  :'( :'( :'(
and everything is gone.........
this is just a check if everythin is working now......
Palm

BOMC (Best Of Many Clint's)

View Profile Email
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2003, 04:11:27 PM »

good, seems everything is OK.

My tags where by Conan :worst actress in an Eatwood film. That must be mrs Locke !!!!! I just can't stand her sitting up or lying down, speaking or singing.......she the worst of the worst. I don't know why Clint put her in all those movies (and boy did he regret it later  >:()

Lilly has asked me what i want to see on a special edition of BOMC.
That's a long story Lil.
First of all i'd like to see some scenes from the book "BOMC the film" cos there was more filmed than we got to see. I am especially interested in that scene after they said goodbye for the last time and obviously she ran after him outside ( if you study the last scene closely where she stands near the gate, something isn't right in my opinion, she is all sweaty and her hair is a bit messed up !!!! Look at it another time and you shall see it too).
Than i would like to hear and see Meryl and Clint's experience on how it was to work on BOMC together (in some sort of duo interview).
And last but not least i would love to see some bloopers (if there where any of course).
It is going to be a special 2-dvd edition so it's going to be pricy  ;D ;D ;)

MGK asked me if i likes the end of Unforgiven. And i know i am going to be hated for this and probably be thrown of the board right now, but i didn't like unforgiven at all. I think it was way to dark and moody, i don't like those kind of films. I must admit i only saw it once (one and a half year ago) and probably when i would watch it once more maybe looked at it with another point of view. But i still have the DVD sealed on the shelf.........so i guess i don't feel any hury to do so.

Do i have to get my coat and pack now ???? 8) :-X ;D

before i do i owe some tags:

Conan : did you like BOMC ???

AKA : if you would go to a party and you may dress up as Clint, what outfit would you choose ???

Philo : Why do you like the which way films so much ???

Agent : do you think Clint has a good singing voice ??
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2003, 04:43:10 PM »

From KC:
What is your favorite "moment of silence" (as opposed to a line of dialogue) in an Eastwood film?

Okay, here's the whole scene from Escape from Alcatraz:

(Frank starts up the steps to English.  A black inmate bars his path.)
Inmate: Where you going, cracker?
English: [says something I couldn't understand.]  
(Frank says nothing as inmate lets him go on up to English.)
Frank: Something special about those steps?
English: The higher you sit the more status you got.  So we kinda play king of the mountain.  Except here we don't play for fun, man.
Frank: And you're king.
English: Yeah...
(Frank says nothing, starts to turn away and walk down the steps.)
English: Now I figure there's two reasons why you didn't want to sit down on my step.  Either you're too scared, or you just hate n!ggers.  Now which is it, boy?  You too scared?  Hmm?
(Frank says nothing as he sits down beside English.)
Frank: Nah, I just hate n!ggers.
(Silence as both men size each other up.)
Frank: So no one's ever busted out?  [note: this is Clint's last line of dialogue in the scene.]
English: No one's ever made it.  Everyone here's looked for a way out, but there ain't one.  See those hacks?  Most joints have one hack for every seven cons.  There's one hack for every three cons here.  You start sh!tting at night instead of the morning, they want to know why.
(Silence.)
But let's say you're going to try it anyway.  First, you gotta get out of the cell.  Each bar has six hard smaller bars set in a steel tube, with extra steel girding. [I think that's the word.]  And there ain't no way to tunnel out either.  Sh!t.  This island is solid rock.  See that water.  It's over a mile swim to land.  The currents make it seem like ten.  And the water's so cold it will numb your arms in a matter of minutes.
And even if you are a good swimmer, man, you won't have the time to make it.  There are twelve counts every day.  Sometimes I think that's all this sh!thole is, one long count.  We count the hours, the bulls count us, and the king bulls count the counts.

(Frank is silent.)
Guard: (Blows a whistle)  Inside!  Everybody in!
(Silently the two men stand up.)

Clint's use of silence is so incredible throughout that scene.  I can't think of any other actor who can use silence like he can, to both generously give to the other actor (to let them shine with the long monologue) and still hold his own as a force on the screen.

tags..

Matt: Stealing KC's great question, I pass it on to you.  What is your favorite "moment of silence" (as opposed to a line of dialogue) in an Eastwood film?

Conan: If you were forced to watch two Clint Eastwood movies  a day, and when you're through them all , you have to start over, and over, until you're sick of every single one of them ... which would be the last movie you would have grown tired of watching?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 04:46:27 PM by Doug » Logged

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Daisy Abigael

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

View Profile Email
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2003, 05:19:01 PM »

No,that wasn't what I meant.

"Do a crazyness for an idol" are little things that qualify you a big fan.Things such as behavior yourself like a fool and don't care if people blame you or not; travel only to watch a his movie that still didn't open in your city and you can't wait; cry if can't time or money enough to do the travel; if see him in a place full of people, be able to confront the crowd trying at least take a look at him closer;shout his name until he could hear, things like that.

Er... No.

I'd probably try and buck up the courage to ask for an autograph and then kick myself eternally for failing to do so. ::)

I'm British, Aline, for heaven's sake... :D

Daisy Girl!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2003, 05:57:09 PM »

AKA  You're required to write an essay on one Clint movie of someone else's choice.  Which movie do you hope you don't have to write about because it would be the hardest to analyze, even though you like the particular movie?

Doug, you came up with quite an interesting question here. If I had to write an essay on a Clint Eastwood movie, I think I'd probably be able to do that, and I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. Some films may be easier than others, but it's always good to explore something that may at first seem to be a bit challenging. After all, if it's too simplistic, you won't really grow as a person. There are Eastwood movies that I wouldn't want to write about because I don't like the particular movie, but you've limited the question to movies that I like but that I feel would be difficult to analyze.

I'll try to pick one of Clint's "artistic" pictures here, one that has been overlooked by the mainstream, but also a film that probably hasn't been critiqued to death already, White Hunter, Black Heart . There are an awful lot of things going on in that film, and at first it may seem like a simple picture, but if you delve deeper, you'll find that it's saying a lot. As some of these things can be quite esoteric and difficult to really grasp at first, I think perhaps I'd miss some of them, and so I wouldn't do as good a job in analyzing it because I probably wouldn't pick up all the subtlety, and I'm not as familiar with that one as I am with other Eastwood films, so that might be a bit difficult.

It's also not the most enjoyable of Clint's films to watch. The character is one of Clint's most animated and interesting portrayals in his filmography, but the film itself isn't particularly enjoyable. It's not the kind of Clint film that you want to go run and put in the VCR (we don't have a DVD yet!) all of the time for its sheer entertainment value.

I might also be handicapped by the fact that I don't know any of the historical background related to that film, and I don't know much about John Huston so in that way I would be at a disadvantage. It would be challenging though, so I don't think I would have any kind of an aversion to writing about any Eastwood film. It would just present it's own unique set of challenges and difficulties to overcome.

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2003, 06:08:34 PM »

AKA:  In all these posts, I can't recall ever knowing this... what film was the big clincher that made you an Eastwood fan?  Was it the first one you saw, or did it take a couple for you to really go "wow"?

You know Matt, I don't really know. I'm not sure when I first started to like Eastwood, but it's been awhile. I've related the story of how I sneakily saw Unforgiven at an early age, and as I watched it when it came on TV about 10 or so years ago, I was only 9 or 10, and at that time, I must have been an Eastwood fan, because otherwise I wouldn't have had any interest in checking it out. Unforgiven wasn't the first of his that I saw (though I don't even concretely remember which Eastwood film that was and at what age) but it was quite striking to me. I do remember also in 1993 when In the Line of Fire came out that I wanted to go see it in theaters, and I remember a few commercials for it, but I didn't get to see it until it came out on video a year later. I think my parents thought it would be too scary for me, and wouldn't take me to go see it. So, in answer to your question, I think it may have been when I saw In the Line of Fire in 1993 when I really said "wow" this guy is great, but that was when I was 9 or 10 years old. It wasn't until 1997 around the time of Absolute Power when I really became more like the fan that I am today, but the admiration of Eastwood did start rather early on, though I can't really pinpoint an exact film experience. Mine is really an ineresting story isn't it? A little kid liking Eastwood. Even at that early age, I really appreciated Eastwood, and I saw something in him that I must have really liked. Maybe I was a bit mature for my age at that time to have liked Eastwood and had the desire to go check out Unforgiven and other Eastwood films at such an early time in my life.  
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2003, 06:25:25 PM »

AKA: Have you now been able to view all of Eastwood's films or are there still some you haven't seen?

There are still some Eastwood films that I haven't seen. Movies like Paint Your Wagon and City Heat . I've never seen any of Paint Your Wagon . I tried to watch it one time on TV and I just wasn't able to watch it. With City Heat I've seen parts of it but I've never seen the whole film. I didn't really like the parts that I saw, and there wasn't anything special to the movie for me, so I didn't really feel the need or the desire to go search it out and watch it. I've seen the which way films, but I've never sat down and watched those all at one time, either. I've probably seen the whole films in bits and pieces, but I've never seen it all at one time. I don't really feel that there are any really great films in Eastwood's filmography left that I haven't seen. There's no real hole for me. No films that are really great that I'm saying "I have to see this." I haven't seen all of Where Eagles Dare so maybe that's the only film that I may like that I haven't seen all of yet.

Oh, there is one film that I forgot about but that Eastwood did direct so I suppose I should consider it an Eastwood film. I've never seen any of Breezy . Not even one scene. That film might be worth checking out, but it's so difficult to find, and as Eastwood isn't in it, I don't really feel the absolute necessity to seek it out at all costs. So, I've pretty much seen almost all of Eastwood's films, and the very few that I haven't seen I don't really feel a great need to see. Does that answer your question?

Sorry, I answered this question twice before, and closed the window before I could post it, so it's taken much longer than it should have to answer, and if it's not that great, it's the third time around!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2003, 06:48:09 PM »

AKA23  You have to sport one hairstyle as worn by Clint from one of his movies. Whats it gonna be.. The long and wavy look from Misty.. or maybe the brutal flat top from Heartbreak Ridge....Whaddya reckon. ;)

Hey Gant! Finally a question that really makes me delve deep and analyze ;) No more of this friolity! HEHE..Well, my hair is black, so am I having brown hair now like Clint?? I'll assume not. My hair isn't particularly wavy, and I don't have as much of it as Clint, so I'm not sure  the look would really work, but if those are my two choices, I think the wavy Play Misty for Me look would be better.  What a choice!!! Clint does have great hair though. Even at his age, he has great looking hair though I don't know what was up with the hair for [/I] Blood Work [/I]. It seemed to be cut a lot thinner and shorter than usual. It didn't look as healthy, but maybe that was the look he wanted for the character. Can I have Clint's hair in In the Line of Fire ? I want to be 63 years old and still have that hair! That's pretty rare.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2003, 06:53:20 PM »

AKA : if you would go to a party and you may dress up as Clint, what outfit would you choose ???

I don't know Palm. I've never really been impressed with Clint's fashion sense. He usually does look pretty good in his movies, but when he's not in a movie sometimes I look at him and sometimes I'm just going, why are you wearing that? That doesn't look good, which is strange, because Tehama clothing, from what I've seen, is pretty nice. I'm not really sure Palm. Maybe it would be cool to wear something from the western days. I've never done that before. That might be interesting. Maybe Munny's stuff from Unforgiven .  
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2003, 06:55:15 PM »

Hey, I'm sorry that some of these questions took awhile to answer, but I had to eat dinner in between, so I had to close the posts and start over with another post. Otherwise, it would have been a couple less posts, and it would have been faster.

I apoligize. I'm behind in the tagging now. I think I owe something like 7 questions, so I'll try to be back with those later!! For now, I've done enough work!! :) Is that okay guys? I just don't want to do it RIGHT this second.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2003, 07:32:29 PM »

Conan : did you like BOMC ???

No, I liked Clint in it and Streep was fine.  And there were some very interesting and powerful scenes with well written dialogue...I just didn't like the story.  When it comes down to it, it really was about a woman cheating on her husband - who was a good man!  Yawnfest; though it isn't my least favorite of Clint's.

Conan: If you were forced to watch two Clint Eastwood movies  a day, and when you're through them all , you have to start over, and over, until you're sick of every single one of them ... which would be the last movie you would have grown tired of watching?

The westerns would be near the end with "The Outlaw Josey Wales" being the absolute last one.

Tags:

Matt: Eastwood asks you to cast someone for the lead role in "Golf in the Kingdom".  He wants an underrated actor who comes cheap :)  Who do you choose?

Palm: Your on a deserted island with a CD player and allowed one Eastwood movie soundtrack CD to listen to, which one do you choose?

Little Bill: Have you ever had to defend an Eastwood movie?  (Example:  A friend doesn't like a particular Eastwood flick and argues with you)

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2003, 08:34:28 PM »

WOW. I owe 8 questions! Two from my answer to MC's question from yesterday, two from Doug's question, and 4 from the other questions that I was asked today!!

Here goes:

KC : Hopefully this will be a relatively easy one for you! I know that you've answered my question on how you became a Clint fan, but I was wondering what it was about Unforgiven that got you into the seat in the theater! You remarked that if it wasn't for that film, you probably never would have seen an Eastwood film, so why was this film attractive to you? You didn't know much about Eastwood, you didn't watch many films, so was it that you were attracted to the Western genre? Did you hear good things about it from friends? Read reviews about it? What was it about the film Unforgiven ?

Matt : Same question that you asked me. When was it that you said "wow" to Eastwood, and really started to appreciate the man and his work, or wanted to find out more about him? Follow up: What attracted you to the web board? What was it about Eastwood and his films that you got to the stage of saying "I want to dedicate all of this time posting, discussing Eastwood, and reading the latest news!" I think for you I'd especially be interested because you don't really see that many films, and other than Eastwood, you're not really a movie fan, so I'd be interested to know what it was about him, and when that point was that you were like "wow." This guy is great!

MGK: : I know that you wouldn't show any Eastwood films to your fourth grade class, and I agree with that, but I saw Eastwood films at a very early age (as I've related on the board many times) and I really don't feel that I've been done any psychological or permanent damage by having watched them at an earlier age. Is it possible, in your estimation, that even though I did see some of these films early on, that the fact that maybe I was a bit more interested (I don't even want to say mature, because I'm not sure that's the right word for it.) might mean that some kids may just be able to handle it, and think critically about it, and be able to appreciate it at an earlier age, and not really be doing any permanent damage to themselves or their development? I know that you wouldn't recommend it, and I wouldn't either to be honest, but I think having had the experience, and not having felt that I've really been transformed negatively by it (and in fact there may have been some positive aspects to it, I think I'm qualified to at least ask the question, or explore the possibilities. What do you think about that possibility?

Daisy : What's the most overlooked Eastwood film? Is there a film that you really like a lot that doesn't seem to get the recognition that you feel that it deserves, or isn't admired in the same light that you feel that it should be? If so, what is that film, and why do you think that is?

Lilly : You're obviously a great admirer of In the Line of Fire . Is that your favorite Eastwood film? I'm quite an admirer of it as well (it may be my favorite Eastwood flm), but I'm just wondering what it is about that film that you like so much? What is it about the film, and why do you choose it?

Sorry guys! I owe 3 more, but I'm creatively tapped out right now :) That should get you started!

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2003, 09:28:56 PM »

KC asked:
Christopher: I hear you're a Scorsese fan. Could you picture Clint in a leading role in any Scorsese picture released to date?
That's a pretty good question. I haven't seen every movie Scorsese has directed, but I tried to think of Clint in the ones that I have seen. Of the eight movies I've seen, no, I couldn't picture Clint in any of them. I do believe that the types of characters that Clint and Marty seem attracted to are silmilar (flawed, to say the least), and that could make for an interesting project.

Conan asked:
Christopher Eastwood just released his own brand of cologne (Eastwood Essence), but it smells like ass and he asks you what you think.  Are you brutally honest with him?
I wouldn't be quite that blunt with him, I would probably tell him that I had really sensitive nostrils (or something else to try to come up with an excuse).

Agent asked:
Christopher, You are settled in your new pad, finally living on your own, when there is a knock at the door. Standing there is an armed robber demanding you had over at least 3 Eastwood DVDs. Which 3 out of your current DVD collection would you hand over?
Gee, thanks for making me want to stay home forever. When I am out on my own, I'll have nightmares about gunman who want my Eastwood DVDs. :D
Lets see, 3 DVDs: The Dead Pool, The Gauntlet, and Blood Work

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2003, 09:39:57 PM »

Okay, who will take the first turn at taking in Matt when he's fired for excessive tardiness because of the Clint board? ;D  

Doesn't look like anyone volunteered, Doug.   :'(

Lucky for me, my dog woke me up needing to go out... I didn't even get to sleep through till 7:00.   >:(

Oh well....  :-[

Matt:  You are a cop in the Dirty Harry universe.  You are assigned to be his new partner.  How long will you live? ;D

I wouldn't die because I'd be smart enough to know how poorly Harry's partners fare, and I'd never work alongside him.   The minute they'd assign me as Harry's partner I'd move to Philadelphia!  

Matt: In the powerful climactic scene in White Hunter, a four-word phrase is spoken and then repeated: "White hunter, black heart. White hunter, black heart." It's at once simple and completely ambiguous. What do you think is the meaning of this phrase in the context of this scene and the film as a whole?

Well, I've never thought it was more than it appears, so maybe this would be another topic to open up on the board if anyone else has a different interpretation of it.  What it means to me... Wilson's the "white hunter", an outsider to them, he's not one of their own.  "Black heart" just means that he's cold-hearted, unfeeling, selfish, callous, unscrupulous.   He's a white man with a dark soul.  

Matt: Stealing KC's great question, I pass it on to you.  What is your favorite "moment of silence" (as opposed to a line of dialogue) in an Eastwood film?

I thought this would be hard because there's so many great "moments of silence" to choose from, but once I remembered this scene, I stopped trying to think of any other.  It's definitely one of my favorite scenes... the end of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.    

LIGHTFOOT:  You know something?  I don't think of us as criminals, you know?  I feel we accomplished something, a good job.  I feel proud of myself, man.  I feel like a hero.

THUNDERBOLT:  (Watching him closely, very concerned) You all right kid?  You don't look so good.

LIGHTFOOT:  I believe you are right.  (Lightfoot slumps over, dead.)

THUNDERBOLT:  (Pulls the car off the road, takes off his sunglasses)  You all right, kid?  (He checks Lightfoot's pulse, holding his hand against his neck, and realizing he was dead, looks at him as the loss fills him.  He puts his sunglasses back on, breaks the cigar in half... and drives away.)

The end of that scene, Eastwood says so much without any words, and I'm also amazed at how much he was able to convey through facial expressions in that entire scene even when his sunglasses were ON.   Jeff Bridges is also amazing... I really love that scene.

Matt: Eastwood asks you to cast someone for the lead role in "Golf in the Kingdom".  He wants an underrated actor who comes cheap :)  Who do you choose?

Wow, who knows?  I'm SO out of touch with actors who aren't really VERY famous.  How old would this actor be?  Tell you what, if you can give me an idea of the age of this character, I'll try to think of someone.  I can pretty much guarantee you my answer will suck though.   :)

Matt : Same question that you asked me. When was it that you said "wow" to Eastwood, and really started to appreciate the man and his work, or wanted to find out more about him? Follow up: What attracted you to the web board? What was it about Eastwood and his films that you got to the stage of saying "I want to dedicate all of this time posting, discussing Eastwood, and reading the latest news!" I think for you I'd especially be interested because you don't really see that many films, and other than Eastwood, you're not really a movie fan, so I'd be interested to know what it was about him, and when that point was that you were like "wow." This guy is great!

Hey, AKA... that looks like two tags to me.  You want to know what attracted me to the web board, and what made me an Eastwood fan.  Make up your mind, son.  Pick one.   :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 10:38:02 PM by Matt » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2003, 10:01:18 PM »

Tell you what, it's a Friday night and I have nothing better to do.  I'll answer them both, and then you'll have one less tag to have to come up with.  

I've told the story on the board a dozen times, sorry to all who are already sick of reading this.  ;)

It was about 1983, I was 18 and had never seen an Eastwood film or a western.   (Amazing compared to the rest of you who have been fans since early childhood.)   I actually didn't see much TV at all, but my older brother had a small television in his room, 14" screen, rabbit ear antennas, AWFUL reception... I wasn't allowed in his room, but he went out for the night so I snuck in there and started flipping channels.  I happened to come across the scene in Hang 'em High where they're about to hang Jed, when the old man says "Hang him".   As you can imagine, that grabs a person's attention.  I stopped flipping the channels, watched the scene, they hung him... the title flashed across the screen and I was like WOW!  This is cool!  I remember wondering who the actor was and on the commercial breaks the announcer said "We now return to Clint Eastwood in HANG 'EM HIGH!" and I remember thinking, "Oh, I've heard of him."  Well, the movie ended and I thought it was really great.  Couldn't believe I enjoyed a western.  Then they announced to stay tuned for the second of their double feature, "Clint Eastwood in HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER."  I thought "Cool, another one."  Jesus, I can't tell you how totally incredible watching that movie for the first time was... even on that crap TV with the lousy reception.   I was an instant fan by the end of the night.  As much as I love all Eastwood films, his westerns are still my favorites.  

Soon after that night, I went to B. Dalton's and looked for a book on Clint Eastwood so I could learn more about his movies, and they didn't have any.  >:(    But, I ordered "The Films of Clint Eastwood" by Boris Zmijewsky and Lee Pfeiffer and took note of all the names of the films he was in and started reading the TV Guide looking for those movies to be on.  I videotaped them and watched them over and over again.   I was a die hard fan by the time Sudden Impact came out and went to see that in the theater.  I was one of those annoying people that went around saying "Go ahead, make my day."  Even found that on a bumper sticker and slapped it on the bumper of my '84 Cavalier.  Ahhhh, those were the days.

As for how I found the web board, well I was just surfing and found the site, checked out the web board and read it for a while.  I read a lot of boards that I don't post on, and this one was no different.  You may never have heard from me if it wasn't for Gunny.  He really pissed me off with some anti-American statements and I registered just so I could give him a lashing.  So everyone who's sick of me can blame Gunny. :)  Once I started posting, I got addicted to it, mainly to the people that post here, who I think are really fun and great people.  

Tags coming up....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 10:04:42 PM by Matt » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2003, 10:05:19 PM »

Ohhhh, you're so difficult my friend! I already owe 3 more tags!! I didn't view it as two different tags but if you do then forget about the web board part of the question, and focus on the what made you an Eastwood fan, "wow" this guy is really great part! hehe..

Ohh, and Matt, that's Jeff Bridges , not Jeff Daniels! I made the same mistake myself a couple of times, so it gave me a little laugh when I read that. Unless you'd like to compliment the illustrious Jeff Daniels (AKA Buddy Noone) for a performance that he didn't give ;)

Very nice performance. It garnered him an Oscar nomination for a film that wasn't the typical film targeted for any kind of Oscar consideration.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2003, 10:08:40 PM »

Oh damn... I finally made that mistake.  I can't tell you how many times I've ALMOST written "Daniels" instead of "Bridges".  I'll go fix it.   :-[

As you can see, I answered both.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2003, 10:16:36 PM »

Yeah, it's an easy mistake to make! No problem though Matt! It's not a big deal. Thanks for answering both questions pal! Okay, I got two more questions to go now :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2003, 11:52:18 PM »

Attention!

We're gonna wrap this game up at the end of the weekend... at least for a little while.  We don't want to burn everyone out on the board with all the tagging and answering.  So, get all those burning questions you want to ask out of your system now, and on Sunday we'll stop tagging and leave the thread open only to answer the outstanding tags.  After a few weeks or months we'll start it up again.

I'm working on other ideas of things to do to keep us busy on the board everyday.   So keep checking back!

Here's my tags:

Red:  Out of all the child actors that Eastwood's directed, whose performance do you like the best?

AKA:  You see a beautiful young woman at Blockbuster... she's looking at renting a Vin Diesel film and notices you looking through the Eastwood section.  She asks if he's as good as Vin.   :o   What film would you hand her to try to convince this poor unfortunate creature that Eastwood blows Diesel away?  (And you have to convince her to watch it with you.   You know, just to make sure she has an educated Eastwood fan nearby to answer any questions she may have after watching it. ;) )

mgk:  You've been a fan of Eastwood since Rawhide, right?  If so you should be able to answer this...  After knowing Eastwood as the clean, kindly Rowdy Yates, do you remember what you thought the first time you saw him on the big screen?  Which movie was it?  What I'm hoping here is if you remember being blown away by the difference in his character from Yates to the "Man with No Name" or Harry Callahan roles.

MC:  Which film of Eastwood's were you most unimpressed with.  What was it about the film that you didn't like?  (If it's Blood Work, please answer with your next choice since you already answered this on Blood Work)  Sorry if this is so close to the last time I tagged you, but I love your critiques of the films.

Doug:  I'm gonna steal one of AKA's questions here... I remember you wrote once that you had been reading the board a long time before posting... what was it that got you to finally sign up and talk to us?  Was there a particular discussion that really interested you or that you wanted to post your views on?

Xichado:  Which of Eastwood's films did you not like that much the first time you saw it, but that you really grew to love the more you watched it.  (We had this topic on the board, but I don't think you posted in it.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 11:58:08 PM by Matt » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T