News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tag, you're it! #2 (Swell, another Eastwood game)  (Read 118410 times)
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2003, 10:55:08 PM »

Xichado:  I know this question gets around, I already asked Stranger and Philo, but now it's your turn!  If you won a lottery that Eastwood was involved in to raise money for his favorite charity, and the prize was that you could either take $1 million cash, free and clear after taxes, or work as Assistant Director on Clint's next film (no pay involved) which would you choose?
Matt, the things I could do with a $1 million… uhm! Top of my list: Buy a very isolated island, kidnap Kim Basinger and drag her into it. Then, I would be a very happy man (sight!)… ;D

Waking up from my dreams… $1 million bucks or working with Clint (no pay involved, are meals included?). Since I don’t really care about the money I would go with working with Clint.

Only because it would be the chance of a lifetime, it would be an experience to remember and cherish for the rest of my life. I would have the chance to work closely to someone I admire and maybe I could learn something about movie-making and from those teachings I could make my own movies and earn my own $1 million or 2 or 3… (I think I’m dreaming again, is Kim Basinger around? Hope so, she would be the heroine of all my movies  ;), sight).

Xichado:What do you think if we, board fans,arranged a real meeting,in person and did a nice party to pay a homage to Clint when he turn 73 Clint years old?Do you think he would appear there?   ;D
Aline, I’m glad to see you back. :)

In regard to your question. It’s difficult to say, I guess if we have the CEWB Convention/Meeting at a location where Clint would be near by, he might, he’s known to be kind to his fans… since the man lives in Carmel, we all could gather for the 1st CEWB Convention over there, around his birthday, and send him an invitation asking if he wouldn’t mind to stop by for a half hour or so, shake a couple of hands, kiss a few girls ;), be the center of our attention, answer a few questions…  8)

Since I cannot answer the question for Clint, all I can say is: We can always send the invitation and hope for the best. ;)

"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." Carl Sandburg
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2003, 10:58:52 PM »

My tags:

Matt: Say, Clint Eastwood decided to make one final movie (as director and as an actor), he’s split between making one more Man-With-No-Name spaghetti western and one more Dirty Harry. Which one would you prefer to see?

MGK: I mentioned Zelda Fitzgerald before on this thread. She wrote the following sentence (one of my favourites by the way) about how she felt towards her husband (F. Scott Fitzgerald):
“There are all kinds of love in the world, but never the same love twice”.
If you were to include this sentence in the final scenes of BMC, would you give it to Robert Kincaid or Francesca Johnson?

Daisy: What world leader would you like Clint Eastwood to portrait in a movie and why? (Regardless of Clint’s age, I have a time machine you can borrow and place Clint in it and bring him back a few decades younger  :D).

Palm: What book would you like to see Clint Eastwood making an adaptation of? and why?

"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." Carl Sandburg
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2003, 11:29:14 PM »

Matt: Say, Clint Eastwood decided to make one final movie (as director and as an actor), he’s split between making one more Man-With-No-Name spaghetti western and one more Dirty Harry. Which one would you prefer to see?

First of all, I want to say that those are some great questions you just asked, and I also really enjoyed your answer to mine.  I had originally asked Stranger and Philo the same question, however I offered them twice the amount of money, and they both took it.  I figured it might be a little more difficult to answer if I brought the payoff down to $1 mill.  

Now, to answer your question to me... it's easy.  I do NOT want to see Clint do another Dirty Harry.   I think he's entirely too old for it now, and since the films have started parodying themselves, I think another addition to this series would be even worse than The Dead Pool.  Even with a great script, I still don't think I'd want to see him do that.   On the other hand... I don't know that you can ever be too old for a part in a great western.  I don't think he could really play a character like Joe, Manco or Blondie now, yet I think he could do a role as an older, retired Joe, Manco or Blondie... it would be along the lines of Unforgiven... but of course, it would have to have something new to say if he was going to do it at all.

TAGGING.... DOUG

Out of all the GREAT lines spoken by Eastwood in his entire career, which is your absolute favorite?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2003, 11:30:49 PM »

My three new tags ...

[td]Doug: [/td] [td]A variant on the lottery question. You win a choice of $10,000, or the chance to see the rejected alternate ending to Unforgiven ... the homecoming scene. (Eastwood told David Breskin "I could show it to you and you'd be the only person in the world to see it.") Which would you pick?[/td][/table]

[td]AKA: [/td] [td]You get a chance to visit an Eastwood film set for a whole day. The only condition would be that you may not say ONE SINGLE WORD while on the set, nor say anything to anyone about your visit afterwards, until the film is released. Would you accept?[/td][/table]

[td]Xichado: [/td] [td]Are there any Portuguese or Brazilian actors (other than Sonia Braga) you'd like to see work with Clint?[/td][/table]
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2003, 12:23:33 AM »

[td]AKA: [/td] [td]You get a chance to visit an Eastwood film set for a whole day. The only condition would be that you may not say ONE SINGLE WORD while on the set, nor say anything to anyone about your visit afterwards, until the film is released. Would you accept?[/td][/table]

I'm sure that you thought that this would be a difficult one for me, but it isn't. This is really rather simple. Of course, I'd accept the invitation to visit the set of an Eastwood film, regardless of whether or not I got to talk to anyone about it or during the experience. You'd be an idiot not to. Even if you can't discuss it, just being there in and of itself is a once in a lifetime experience, and I'd be honored to be given the chance to be on an Eastwood set. I'll go ahead and assume that he's acting in this one. Who wouldn't want to see Eastwood acting and directing a film!!!? What an experience that would be!

In reality, it's not all that difficult for me to sit still and not say anything. There are times when I do talk a lot and when I have a lot to say, but when I was in England for example I'd be just sitting there on the bed or in a chair and I wouldn't say anything. I'd just be contemplating all of these different things to the point that it would upset or unnerve people. I'd be sitting there, and my cousin would get a bit uneasy that I wasn't saying anything, and that I was just there while she was going on about her business, and I wasn't talking, or saying anything at all!! So, it IS entirely possible for me, but on an Eastwood set, it would be difficult.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2003, 12:46:29 AM »

I owe two questions. I'll try to get to posting sometime tomorrow if I can. :) I'm a bit too tired now.
Aline

Email
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2003, 06:47:13 AM »

aline:
What is your favorite Eastwood movie and why?

William,I had answered this question already.I know is hard don't ask similar questions.I re-write the answer below.If you want you may ask me another question ;)

My favorite Clint movie is Coogan's Bluff.It was the first movie I watch and I really liked the character.From 90's films, is White Hunter Black Heart.I like Clint as a controvert man,different most of their characteres.

Conan: In your opinion,which some present time actor come close to Clint's style most?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2003, 06:58:56 AM by Aline » Logged
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2003, 09:33:26 AM »

:)  
MGK: I mentioned Zelda Fitzgerald before on this thread. She wrote the following sentence (one of my favourites by the way) about how she felt towards her husband (F. Scott Fitzgerald):
“There are all kinds of love in the world, but never the same love twice”.If you were to include this sentence in the final scenes of BMC, would you give it to Robert Kincaid or Francesca Johnson?

Xichado, this is a really good question, especially since Francesca loves two different men in two entirely different ways.  Her love for Richard is a stable love for a kind man "who never hurt anyone" and who is the father of her two children.   She is "in love" with Robert but knows that, even though it is an exciting love and one that she longs to have, she knows that it is potentially dangerous and could ruin the lives of three of the most important people in her life.

If I were to add that line to The Bridges of Madison County , I would give it to Robert and I think I would put it toward the end of the dining room scene where Francesca is trying to explain to Robert why she can't go with him.  As Robert is walking away from her (and, just before his very quotable line), I would have Robert say the following:

There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice.
Then, Robert walks farther away, turns and says:

I'll only say this once.  I've...I've never said it before.  But this kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.

Will be back in a minute with my two tags.

mgk
Daisy Abigael

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2003, 10:11:33 AM »

G...G...Gosh!  I owe quite a few answers! :o :-[ I have been a bit under the weather recently.  Here goes:

(From Baggie) You have been assigned to teach a class (young adults) in pop culture. Clint is, of course, your subject, but what character would you choose to represent his work?

There is only one character it could be, Baggie! :)

The Man With No Name is the archetypal Eastwood hero (or anti-hero).  All the others follow on from him – either variations on or reactions against.

I’d also point out how important the characterization was in terms of the history of the entire action genre.  All those Arnie, Willis, Segal etc action men are walking in his shoes.

(From KC)  If you could journey back to 1968 and get yourself cast in one of the female roles in Where Eagles Dare, would you rather be Mary or Heidi? Or would you write yourself a third part ... one where you might have a little more ... interaction with Lt. Schaffer?

Nice one, KC!  ;D Yeah, Dirty Burtie got most of the non-gun-related action in that one, huh?  I think I’d have been a new character:  The hard-as-nails, no-nonsense (but suspiciously feminine! ;)) demolitions expert they had to team up with in Germany.  In a natty and extremely figure hugging Nazi uniform, I’d impress Schaffer with my cool off-hand attitude to killing and my abilities under fire.  When he has to push me to one side to save me from a grenade, my hair just comes kinda undone from inside my beret and cascades down over my shoulders.

“You’re a girl!”  He growls.

“So?”  Says I – all challenging like!  And explain how my brother – who would have been on the mission -  got killed and lucky for them he taught me all he knew and now I’m out for revenge.  “We’ve got a job to do Mister Cowboy!”

He squints and looks resigned.

But after the mission – on the floor of the plane crossing the Alpine scenery - I get him to tame me like I’m some sort of buckin’ bronco!  We have to be ever so frustratingly quiet, though.  Lest we get disapproving looks from all those assembled British character actors! :D :o

(From Palm) Seems you have been doing your share of fondling the Kincaid-truck. If you could drive away with it and drive right into an Estwood-scene, which one would you choose?  

I really don’t understand this question.  If I ignore the stuff about the truck – it’s not a fetish I share with you, Palm, old bean!  ;D– and just take it as “which scene would you most like to share with Clint?”  Then the answer is the final showdown in The Good The Bad and The Ugly.  I’d like to hide behind that tree and watch him finish off Van Cleef and truss up Tuco, then I’d jump up onto the back of his horse behind him and ride off into the sun. :D

(From Conan) Eastwood is scouting locations for his next project in England and wants you to help, where you do take him?  Its a golf movie.

Golf movie?  Ye gods and catfish!  :o No!  I’d tell him not to make a golf movie – how much more boring could you get?  ??? Stamp collecting?  Toe-nail cutting perhaps? ;D

If it were a location for a movie in England – as opposed to the UK, I assume you don’t lump them all together – I think a fantastic setting would be Durham Cathedral.  Spectacular and atmospheric – and the movie could be about an American psycho who wipes out every last member of the Cathedral choir. ;)

(From Xichado) What world leader would you like Clint Eastwood to portrait in a movie and why? (Regardless of Clint’s age, I have a time machine you can borrow and place Clint in it and bring him back a few decades younger.

Great question X! :)  But very hard... :-[

Hmm.  I don’t see Clint as any world leader I can think of.  Any age, any time, any country.  Too much the rugged individual to be a bloody politician.   Too American to play obvious European heroes like Alexander or Wellington.  All your presidents are too shady like Nixon or dorky like Carter.

I guess as an older man – in his WHBH John Huston mode he could have a stab at Teddy Roosevelt.  In fact as a younger guy he could have essayed that fascinating life from youth to old age.  I don’t know if we would have liked him very much though.

I’d be interested in hearing other people’s opinions on this one. ???

Daisy Girl!
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2003, 10:16:24 AM »

:) KC: If you were to take a driving tour of the United States to see some of the filming sites of Eastwood movies, which three would be at the top of your list to include?  And, why?

Christopher:  According to an article entitled Mountain Climbing with Clint Eastwood in a magazine called Saga, published in June, 1975, Eastwood did all of the mountain climbing himself in the movie The Eiger Sanction.

No stunt men or stand-ins for Clint Eastwood.  In his latest film, The Eiger Sanction , Clint did all the scaling himself...facing raging blizzards, rock slides, crumbling limestone, and sheer vertical walls...personally challenging the treacherous Eiger Mountain.

How important to the outcome of the movie do you feel this "hands-on" approach was?  And, why do you feel that way?

mgk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2003, 10:17:24 AM by mgk » Logged
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2003, 12:05:19 PM »

I'm still thinking about the commentary question

KC asked :

Philo:   If you could have one authentic prop from one Eastwood movie to add to your collection (other than a weapon) ... which would you choose?

I always get these collector questions , I don't mind but they are not easy to answer .

It would be a hell of a thing to ship to England , but I always thought his truck in Every which way but loose was kind of cool . Goodness knows where it is now . They did once find Columbo's car I seem to remember .

Philo .

"I won't be hitting you with my face"
philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2003, 12:16:03 PM »

Matt also reversed my own question on me :

Philo:  I'm going to answer this one of yours next, but I know you're the man that knows the trailers best, so I'd like to hear your answer to the same question:  Which Eastwood trailer has most made you think "wow!"

Well Matt the teaser for Blood work was pretty good and showed that someone had given thought to not show too much.
I also agree with you on Sudden Imapct
I am going to choose Escape From Alcatraz , which I know sucks because it was not included on the DVD . Some of the older board members may remember it . Last year I found a teaser which is also good.

If we all ever meet up anywhere in the future , I will bring any I can to the venue .

Philo .

philo
Member Extraordinaire

"Slightly advanced"

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2003, 12:30:40 PM »

A few tags :

Matt

You are putting together an all night 5 film Clint Eastwood show at a rented theatre . What films are on the bill ?

MGK

What part of Clint's career do you think is the best ?

KC

Which Eastwood film would you liked to have seen more times on the big screen and why?

AKA

Which of Brian De Palma's films could you see Clint most comfortable in ?

Sorry this is a bit late , but I thought Holden and Matt's choices of The Verdict and Hoosiers were excellent and well thought out .

Philo .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2003, 12:33:13 PM by philo » Logged

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2003, 01:29:48 PM »

Here's my two questions:

KC : Let's pretend for a moment that Clint Eastwood has come to you to provide him some advice on his recent court action against Patrick McGilligan. I know that you support the suit, but what would be your best argument to use in defense of Mr. Eastwood and against Mr. McGilligan? How would you approach that action to maximize the possibility of a victory for Mr. Eastwood.

Matt : You're Clint Eastwood's agent, or one of his close personal friends, and Clint comes to you for some career advice. He says ya know Matt, I've been a bit frustrated lately. I feel as if there isn't much for me to do in Hollywood as an actor, and that I'm getting tired of the same old thing. What am I doing wrong? What should I do for my next movie? People haven't seemed to really click with the movies that I've been doing lately, and although they've been pretty good efforts, they've kind of lacked that originality and that spark of some of the movies that I did earlier in my career, and I'd like to get back to that. What kinds of roles should I be looking for, and how can I get myself back on track?

HEHE..I know this is a tough one, but you can do it Matt! :)  
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2003, 03:39:46 PM »

Wow Philo, still working on that commentary question, eh? You're really taking this one seriously then! I expect nothing short of greatness from you then! :D

AKA

Which of Brian De Palma's films could you see Clint most comfortable in ?

Philo .

I had some help from the IMDB on this one, and sadly, I think I'm going to give a very poor answer to this question. The problem is that the only Brian De Palma film that I have seen all the way through is The Untouchables , which I thought was very good, and I could see Clint Eastwood in that kind of a film. I'm not sure if I'd want him in that particular one, but it's the only one that I've seen, and I can see him in that film. The Elliot Ness character is a complex character that has the same kind of courage, dedication, and fierce determination to try to do the right thing, and Clint would feel at home with that kind of character. Any of De Palma's films that are really worth seeing that I'm really missing out on?? Scarface , perhaps?  
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2003, 03:57:01 PM »

:)
MGK
What part of Clint's career do you think is the best ?

Wow, Philo!  What a difficult question!  The only way I know to approach this is to divide his career into decades.  I'm not going to dodge your question, but let me first say that some of his best films can be found in each decade...well, maybe not in the 1950s. :D

After we got hit over the head in the 1960s with the "Man With No Name" films and started paying attention to this man's career, many of the films that started making "Clint Eastwood" a household name came in the 1970s.   So, I guess my vote would have to go to that decade.  It's impossible to ignore the fact that Dirty Harry was made in that decade along with two other "Dirty Harry" movies.  And, his directorial debut  Play Misty For Me was released in 1971 and The Outlaw Josey Wales classic  in 1976.  Of course, we can't forget one of your favorites either... Every Which Way But Loose (1978). ;)  Another reason I would vote for the 1970s is because of the wide range of projects that he chose to do.

It would be interesting to know what decade other members would vote for when answering this question.

Tagging.....

D'Amb:  What do you think is the best scene in any Eastwood movie?

mgk
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2003, 04:17:43 PM »

Conan asked:
Christopher Clint asks you,  "Which one movie of mine that isn't already released on DVD, should be released on DVD?"  Whats your response?
Tightrope. You just can't beat Clint Eastwood playing a "sex investigator." ;) ;D But seriously, I've always liked the movie. I have it on VHS and I really look forward to when I can watch it in a nice widescreen transfer.

MGK asked:
Christopher:   According to an article entitled Mountain Climbing with Clint Eastwood in a magazine called Saga, published in June, 1975, Eastwood did all of the mountain climbing himself in the movie The Eiger Sanction.

Quote:No stunt men or stand-ins for Clint Eastwood.  In his latest film, The Eiger Sanction , Clint did all the scaling himself...facing raging blizzards, rock slides, crumbling limestone, and sheer vertical walls...personally challenging the treacherous Eiger Mountain.

How important to the outcome of the movie do you feel this "hands-on" approach was?  And, why do you feel that way?
I think it's immpressive that Eastwood did all his stunts for the movie. I know I couldn't have done it, I'm nervous about climbing high on ladders. :D I guess for the movie, no one can look at it and say, "Well, you can tell he wasn't in that shot," since, many times you can tell if stunt doubles were used.

I know I owe a bunch of tags, and I'll try to get to a couple anyways. If I tried thinking too hard right now, I'm afraid my head would burst  :o(I've just spent over two hours staring at the same homework assignment).
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2003, 04:48:31 PM »

Tightrope. You just can't beat Clint Eastwood playing a "sex investigator." ;) ;D ).

OKAY guys, I already said how I was wrong about that! He was a "homicide" detective. Sex investigator! HAHA...that's enough making fun of me now Christopher! You don't want me to get upset, now do you? ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2003, 05:08:15 PM »

Matt

You are putting together an all night 5 film Clint Eastwood show at a rented theatre . What films are on the bill ?

Assuming we have the films again after throwing them off the island...

Okay, this is a fun question.  Reminds me of what we were thinking of doing with our "Eastwood Convention 2003" thread.  I'll answer this one was if I was going to choose 5 films for our web family and friends to watch at that convention...

First film... The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.  Those who think it's too long and don't want to sit through it all can come a little late to the festival.  HOWEVER, I think we have to make AGENT come on time... so he can experience the greatness that is Leone... as big and as loud as we can get it!  *whistle* wah wah wah!!![/i]

There'd be a little break after GBU, we could all go out and have a few drinks, get something to eat... then get back to the theater in time for....

Dirty Harry and The Outlaw Josey Wales.  What a double bill.. the two best films of the best decade of Eastwood back to back.  

Another break...  where we could stretch our legs and talk about the movies, as if we haven't talked about them enough already. :)

Then we'd need to get back to the theater for a little lighter Eastwood fare...

Bronco Billy, just cause I like it.  ;D

And the finale would have to be Unforgiven.  

I wish I could fit in White Hunter, Black Heart, I'd love to see that on the big screen.   And I'd like to show Bridges for the ladies of the forum, who knows... we might get lucky if we let them see that ;)   ;D

But it's too hard to cut out one of those other five.  
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2003, 05:31:17 PM »

Here's my two questions:

Matt : You're Clint Eastwood's agent, or one of his close personal friends, and Clint comes to you for some career advice. He says ya know Matt, I've been a bit frustrated lately. I feel as if there isn't much for me to do in Hollywood as an actor, and that I'm getting tired of the same old thing. What am I doing wrong? What should I do for my next movie? People haven't seemed to really click with the movies that I've been doing lately, and although they've been pretty good efforts, they've kind of lacked that originality and that spark of some of the movies that I did earlier in my career, and I'd like to get back to that. What kinds of roles should I be looking for, and how can I get myself back on track?

HEHE..I know this is a tough one, but you can do it Matt! :)  

Other than Blood Work, I've loved all the films that Clint's done lately.  I just watched True Crime last night, and man... it's just so great.  I mean, it's a flawed movie for sure, there's some errors and a few bits where I thought the acting was pretty lousy, but for the most part, it was great.  The main actors were all incredible, and I loved the script... loved Eastwood's portrayal of Everett, and I think he surrounded himself with a top-notch cast, even if they weren't big names.   I think with the exceptions of Blood Work and Absolute Power, his movies since Unforgiven have been some of his best works of his career.  So, I think I'd just tell Clint that what he should do next is a movie that says a lot about people and relationships, that doesn't just focus on a crime that needs to be solved.   I like the combination of compassion and action that so many of his films have, and I'd recommend that if he did any kind of story, that he just made sure that his character and the characters that surround him are well-developed and realistic portrayals of people who the audience can appreciate and care about.  I'd stick with dramas, not comedy, and make sure the script is intelligent and that all the little errors that are so prominent in his later films (Absolute Power, Blood Work and True Crime have been nitpicked to death over little script errors) are cleaned up and that the script is airtight.  

I hope that answers your question, AKA.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T