News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is there a lost Clint Eastwood western  (Read 6216 times)
beballmagoo

View Profile Email
« on: August 19, 2007, 10:53:58 PM »

i saw one years ago. he and his family was like lawmen i think. They was talking to another family and the other family  shot them all. and burried them onthis hill top. Clint digs him self out of the grave and make it to this swedish familys house. where they nurse him back to health. he leave them and give him a sheep skin vest.  and they say something it make you look like a ghost. he ride off and kills  the guy one by one who killed his family. and at the end of the movie he drive a whole bunch of sheep in to the ramily ranch and kill the father who started it all. he was shooting at him who are you. thinkit was the same guy in hang em high. if any one knows this movie please tell me so i know i not crazy Thanks Blake
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:30:24 AM »

This is definitely not an Eastwood Western, but perhaps it's another so-called "Spaghetti Western." There were hundreds of them.

If no one can help you here, maybe someone over at the Leone Web Board knows the answer.

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/

beballmagoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:12:33 PM »

you are most likely right. but i would bet the house that it was him.  been like nealry 30 years since iv see it maybe it was a look alike of him.But you never know i might be right lol. they have lost movies before maybe its one of them.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:36:36 PM »

Eastwood's career is very well documented and it's as certain as anything can be that he never made a movie similar to the one you describe.

Over thirty years' time, your memory can play tricks on you. :)
cigar joe

easy come easy go

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 03:19:09 PM »

It may be one of these:

the exrta footage may be what you describe.

I wonder if its that spliced together film that used two Rawhide episodes and extra footage, compiled from two episodes of "Rawhide" (1959), "The Backshooter" and "Incident of the Running Man".

It was made by Jolly Films and issued under the title "Maledetto Gringo", or "The Magnificient Stranger".

Lucas Film tried a similar trick which they called "El Gringhero" claimed to be directed by Clarence Brown according to Christofer Frayling.

It would be cool to see either of these, "Maledetto Gringo" is listed on Imdb.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0368852/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:22:02 PM by cigar joe » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 06:01:45 PM »

The Magnificent Stranger was the subject of a legal action by Eastwood and was either never released, or released very briefly in the German market. We discussed it in a couple of threads:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=3718.0

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=2482.msg33415#msg33415

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=2482.msg33479#msg33479

Since Eastwood's character in this non-movie was that of the family-less drover Rowdy Yates, it's not likely that the synopsis given above by beballmagoo would have much similarity with the actual action.

Here are synopses for the two Rawhide episodes concerned:

Season 7, Episode 9: The Backshooter
Original Air Date: 27 November 1964
Rowdy Yates is accused of shooting a man in the back and faces death when he tries to carry out the dying man's last request.

Ramrod Rowdy Yates, thrown from his horse, is found in the prairie by outlaw Sam Jefferson, who cares for his injuries. While doing so, Jefferson is shot in the back. Jefferson, who is wanted for a Wells Fargo robbery, asks Rowdy to claim the $5000 reward offered for his capture and to give it to his wife. In town, Wells Fargo agent John Tasker publicly announces that Jefferson was shot in the back, causing three of Jefferson's friends to suspect that Rowdy was the man who did the shooting. When the three indicate they are going to avenge Jefferson's death, Rowdy is offered help, for money, by the sheriff, which he spurns. Then he collects the reward from Tasker, who tells him that Jefferson was never married. Rowdy now faces two problems: one is to find if Tanker is telling the truth; the other is to fight off Jefferson's three friends.

Season 3, Episode 25: Incident of the Running Man
Original Air Date: 5 May 1961
Rowdy Yates runs into a nightmare of intrigue and suspense when he attempts to warn an Army outpost of an impending aattack by a band of outlaws.

While seeking to purchase additional cattle for the Sedalia-bound cattle drive, Yates comes across a man desperately trying to warn an Army outpost of the impending danger. Rowdy doesn't believe his story until the stranger shackles himself to Rowdy, and is later killed by the outlaws planning the strike. With the dead man shackled to him, Rowdy attempts to take over where the deceased left off.

The above synopses are from a complete set of typescript synopses (photocopies) of Rawhide episodes that I own. They would seem to have been prepared by Viacom at the time when that company was syndicationg the T.V. series.

I don't know anything about any extra footage that may have been used in The Magnificent Stranger , but assuming there was some and it came from Rawhide, I don't see how it could have in any way resembled the storyline beballmagoo gave us.

cigar joe

easy come easy go

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 06:46:47 PM »

I'm thinking the extra footage was from either from Fistful, or extra footage shot in a similar way to the ABC prequil.

One of our Roman members on the Leone board remembers seeing the posters for "Maledetto Gringo" and it playing in Rome.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »

Yes, there were certainly posters released, as I mentioned in one of my posts cited above. (Maledetto Gringo was the German release title.)

It may have played in Rome, also, but there's not a shard of evidence that it was ever seen in the U.S.

If the thing was mainly composed of two (unrelated) Rawhide episodes, I just don't see where there would be room for the storyline beballmagoo describes, and certainly not featuring Clint, who would be spending most of the film playing Rowdy Yates.
beballmagoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 06:34:25 PM »

Well maybe i dreamed this one. But i think that would of made a great Clint Eastwood western i think. never know maybe it was  another actor and im just mistaking it for Clint since i loved him since i was young. thanks all for the input on what it could of been.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T