News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new threeway shootout in The GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY, who wins?  (Read 1336 times)
bdc28
Classic Member

View Profile Email
« on: February 05, 2015, 04:54:11 AM »

We are at the gravesite of Arch Stanten....the treasure about to be discovered...but first there is the little business of who actually deserves the money. But the shootout has been recast:

THE GOOD: Manco (a combination character of FFOD, FAFDM and GBU characters and the only name we know him by...
THE BAD: Josey Wales
THE UGLY: Joe Kidd

Play this scenario out, and who wins? If you want switch the characters of Good, Bad, and Ugly to make it fair....to your liking. And give a blow by blow of the shootout.

Happy hunting  :)

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing wearing my pajamas I have no idea..."
The Man With No Aim
Member Extraordinaire

"There are two kinds of men in this world"

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »

We are at the gravesite of Arch Stanten....the treasure about to be discovered...but first there is the little business of who actually deserves the money. But the shootout has been recast:

THE GOOD: Manco (a combination character of FFOD, FAFDM and GBU characters and the only name we know him by...
THE BAD: Josey Wales
THE UGLY: Joe Kidd

Play this scenario out, and who wins? If you want switch the characters of Good, Bad, and Ugly to make it fair....to your liking. And give a blow by blow of the shootout.

Happy hunting  :)

Manco .....In the early shootout scene in Fistful Of Dollars Joe was unimpressive with his draw. He fanned the hammer with his left hand which is a much slower way to cock his colt 45 than to thumb cock it. With thumb cocking, the gun is ready to shoot the same split second it clears the holster and becomes horizontal. His gun is a Colt Peacemaker 45, soft lead bullets on 40 grains of powder. The same knockdown power as used by Dirty Harry (remember that Harry confessed that he used 44 Special cartridges, not 44 Winchester Magnum cartridges). One good hit and the target is down. Or Blondie and his 1851 Colt Navy. His gun is a custom rebuild to use cartridges; the only ones available in 1862 or so were Henry 44, a somewhat puny powder load of 28 grains, and being rim-fire, could not be reloaded to a larger powder load. It would not have been greatly difficult for a skilled gunsmith to have bored out the original 36 caliber cylinder and barrel. Could easily take several hits to drop a target.

Joe Kidd....That strange Luger(?) Mauser(?) semi-automatic could be drawn and fired very quickly if it was carried with one in the chamber, cocked and locked. Smaller caliber than 45 and somewhat less powder. Might take two or three hits to drop the target.

Josey Wales.....In the book packed two "big" 44 pistols, in the film the "big" 44 pistols were the biggest, the Colt Walker. The Walker could be loaded with a maximum of 60 grains of powder, which, with the knockdown ability of its usual soft lead ball bullets, gave it tremendous knockdown power. Nearly equal to a 44 Magnum firing Magnum cartridges. In the book, Josey is described as having "magic guns" by being able to shoot so fast that several shots sounded like just one. In the film, he is shown typically in a shootout with a Walker in each hand, firing simultaneously at two separate targets. 

So....who is the most likely victor?

My pick is Josey Wales; vastly superior firepower and other advantages as noted above. Oh, and Josey packed two backup guns if needed, a Colt Navy and a 31.

Manwith
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:26:38 PM by The Man With No Aim » Logged

"In all the excitement I lost count myself'
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »

Martha Farnsworth
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T