News: Watch Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, now available streaming and on Blu-ray and DVD!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Jewell: Production Information and News  (Read 115298 times)
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2019, 12:07:02 AM »

I was with you until you mentioned 15:17 to Paris, which, in my opinion, is one of the worst movies that Clint has ever directed. The non-actors Clint chose also certainly weren't an asset in "Gran Torino" either.

However, Paul Walter Hauser is not a non-actor. He's just an unfamiliar one. He could end up being a great choice. 

These are some very cool cast photos, Saman.

We are on the same page here. I do also think that 15:17 to Paris is a bad movie and still can't understand why Clint did that movie.
Eastwood has some qualities that every actor wants to work for him. and that can be traced back for his experience as an actor. i.e he knows how to get best from, them by his very organic way of directing. And I'm sure Paul is gonna surprise everyone in this movie.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2019, 12:58:29 AM »

When James Gunn (Guardians of the galaxy1&2) wants to learn.  :D

James Gunn was on the set with the man himself.

Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »

James Gunn posted this on his Instagram account:
"Clint Eastwood has been one of my heroes for a long time. His films, both as a director and actor, are an enormous influence. Unforgiven is a cinematic lynchpin for me, a movie that blew my mind the first time I saw it and has continued to do so every one of the 25 or so times I’ve seen it since - but his influence as a director goes all the way back to his debut with Play Misty for Me. That’s not even to mention his work as an actor with Sergio Leone and Don Siegel, two other directors I adore, and his work in gems like In the Line of Fire, Magnum Force, and Where Eagles Dare. Hell - I even, somewhat embarrassingly, know all the words to all the songs in Paint Your Wagon. So when The Suicide Squad producer Peter Safran and I got the opportunity to hang out with Clint on the set of his new film, The Ballad of Richard Jewell, I was nervous. After all, they say never meet your heroes. But in person, Clint was kind and easy to talk to. And we got to talk a lot - about his directing style, his new movie, the movies he’s made previously, and more. Clint has a Buddha-like serenity in the middle of the madness of filmmaking, and I got to watch him take charge of an enormous set with a quiet authority - soft words that ripple giant waves. He showed his crew the kindness, loyalty and respect they deserved (and they love him for it in return.) In short, he was just the kind of guy I’d hope he’d be (also, the movie looks amazing and Paul Walter Hauser - @pwhauser - as Richard Jewell is killing it.) So as far as the whole “don’t meet your heroes” thing goes, my experience is 8 out of 10 times you SHOULD. Thanks for inviting us into your home, Clint! I’ll try and take a little bit of that serenity as I walk into the explosions and falling structures of The Suicide Squad."

8)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »

Someone should invite James Gunn to become a member of this board! ;D
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »

Someone should invite James Gunn to become a member of this board! ;D

AGREED  ;D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2019, 08:41:30 PM »

He would be fun to play Clint Trivia with! ;)
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2019, 02:55:10 AM »

"Simulated explosion rocks downtown Atlanta as filming of The Ballad of Richard Jewell continues".....

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/entertainment/simulated-explosion-rocks-downtown-as-filming-for-the-ballad-of-richard-jewell-continues
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2019, 02:16:08 PM »

Many thanks, Saman Moradkhani and Macpherson, for all the pictures and the links about Clint Eastwood’s Richard Jewell you posted. That’s cool :)
Saman, I share your enthusiasm about the film.
On the other hand, as AKA23 said, we have to see the film first.
But I am definitely optimistic with this one.
In your opinion, what’s the budget of Richard Jewell ?
I would say between 50 M$ and 60M$.

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2019, 02:47:32 PM »

Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2019, 03:02:00 PM »

Many thanks, Saman Moradkhani and Macpherson, for all the pictures and the links about Clint Eastwood’s Richard Jewell you posted. That’s cool :)
Saman, I share your enthusiasm about the film.
On the other hand, as AKA23 said, we have to see the film first.
But I am definitely optimistic with this one.
In your opinion, what’s the budget of Richard Jewell ?
I would say between 50 M$ and 60M$.

Thank you Hocine for your nice comments.
Yeah. I need to admit that Clint Eastwood is the only filmmaker who I do care about his next project. rest? I don't care.
and regarding the budget, I share your thought. I guess this is 60-70 M$ range movie. because unlike The Mule, this one is a really big story with big sets and production.
and it's interesting to know that everyone in the industry hopes to see this movie by the end of the year. let's see what happens in a month.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2019, 03:18:15 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/chepnt/status/1155693125123395586/photo/1

Quirky.....
Kenny Rogers is a character in the movie (or perhaps just featured in some way)?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2019, 11:51:42 PM »

Kenny Rogers is a character in the movie (or perhaps just featured in some way)?

Kenny Rogers performed in a concert the night of bombing.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2019, 10:12:23 AM »

Kenny Rogers performed in a concert the night of bombing.
Oh, gotcha. O0

And I just noticed you can see him in the picture with James Gunn.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2019, 12:31:56 PM »

Oh, gotcha. O0

And I just noticed you can see him in the picture with James Gunn.
Yep. That's him.  O0
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2019, 03:03:13 PM »

We are on the same page here. I do also think that 15:17 to Paris is a bad movie and still can't understand why Clint did that movie.
Eastwood has some qualities that every actor wants to work for him. and that can be traced back for his experience as an actor. i.e he knows how to get best from, them by his very organic way of directing. And I'm sure Paul is gonna surprise everyone in this movie.

Clint Eastwood did The 15:17 to Paris because he had the opportunity to meet the three young men of the true story.
He wanted to try something different. Maybe he also did this film because he had nothing else to do.
If you remember, he was supposed to make Impossible Odds but Brian Helgeland’s script wasn’t ready.
He probably did Trouble with the Curve and Jersey Boys because A Star Is Born was postponed many times.
Clint doesn’t like to stay without working for a long period time.
His biggest hiatus as a director was between J.Edgar (2011) and Jersey Boys (2014).
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »

It looks like Joel Cox,  Clint Eastwood 's long time collaborator is editing The Ballad of Richard Jewell.

https://gersh.com/production/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/COX-J.-RES.pdf

:)
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2019, 10:17:31 PM »

It looks like Joel Cox,  Clint Eastwood 's long time collaborator is editing The Ballad of Richard Jewell.

https://gersh.com/production/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/COX-J.-RES.pdf

:)

That would be great. Joel Cox missed Sully and The 15:17 to Paris.
But he edited The Mule.
Who is the cinematographer this time ? Tom Stern or Yves Bélanger ?
And what’s the title ? Richard Jewell or The Ballad of Richard Jewell ?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2019, 12:50:08 AM »

That would be great. Joel Cox missed Sully and The 15:17 to Paris.
But he edited The Mule.
Who is the cinematographer this time ? Tom Stern or Yves Bélanger ?
And what’s the title ? Richard Jewell or The Ballad of Richard Jewell ?

Yes. Joel Cox is a master at this job and a soulmate to Clint's visionary style.
Do you know Clint had a final cut of Mystic River just 3 days after filming was wrapped?
Just 3 days. Because of Joel Cox's rapid and almost simultaneous editing to filming.

And the DP is Yves Belanger again. Clint was quite happy with his work on The Mule.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 12:51:42 AM by Saman Moradkhani » Logged
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »

Yes. Joel Cox is a master at this job and a soulmate to Clint's visionary style.
Do you know Clint had a final cut of Mystic River just 3 days after filming was wrapped?
Just 3 days. Because of Joel Cox's rapid and almost simultaneous editing to filming.

And the DP is Yves Belanger again. Clint was quite happy with his work on The Mule.

Yes, Yves Belanger did a great work on The Mule.
Clint worked with many great cinematographers during his career:
Bruce Surtees, Jack N. Green, Tom Stern and now, Yves Belanger.
Joel Cox works with Clint since the mid 1970’s.
So, he is among Clint’s best collaborations.
Though I’m not sure that I know that anecdote about Mystic River, I’m not surprised at all.
Clint is one of the fastest filmmakers in Hollywood, if not the fastest.
It seems that in Hollywood, many filmmakers do the filming and the editing simultaneously.
On the other hand, Martin Scorsese and his editor, Thelma Schoomaker, wait the end of the shooting before starting the editing.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2019, 07:41:34 AM »

Has it been determined if this movie is going to come out by the end of this year? (I don't know if that's been mentioned somewhere in the nine pages of this thread)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T