News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Jewell: Production Information and News  (Read 18556 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2019, 03:03:46 PM »

I think that Matt Damon is likely too old for this particular role, and also not the right body type, since Richard Jewell was quite overweight, so I wasn't necessarily supporting that specific suggestion. However, I do think that the movie needs recognizable actors with an established following, since Eastwood''s films as a director only, that are the most well received, like "American Sniper," "Sully," etc. tend to have A-list actors to support them.   
Maybe that's why Jonah Hill has been mentioned, and from what I've read it does sound like it could go to him.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2019, 12:21:45 AM »

Not having the right body type wasn't a factor for Damon when Clint cast him in Invictus. (Not that I think he would be right for this project, just saying.)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2019, 01:38:04 PM »

This is very true, but height is much easier to disguise through filmmaking trickery than weight and general build.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »

No amount of filmmaking trickery could have made the guy on the right look anything like the guy on the left:

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »

You are right, KC. Matt Damon really doesn't physically resemble who he played in "Invictus," and there's more than just a height disparity there. But, if we're being honest, a lot of people felt that Matt Damon was completely miscast in the role, although he did receive an Oscar nomination for his performance.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2019, 07:58:51 PM »

I thought Damon was actually fine in the part, but I might have felt differently if I were a rugby fan.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2019, 09:29:19 PM »

I can't really comment on whether or not Damon was right for the part. He certainly wasn't physically, but I wasn't familiar with the person that he was playing, so character-wise, I have no idea. I also don't know who would be a good choice to portray Richard Jewell, or his lawyer, since I'm not that familiar with either. I remember Jewell's name, and that he was wrongfully accused of being the bomber, along with his physical description, but that's about it. Johan Hill does seem like a good choice physically, but I've never really been a fan of his work, and I don't know if he'll re-attach or not now that Eastwood's involved. I am definitely interested in who Clint decides to cast for these roles. 
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »

leave it to Eastwood, and he will cast Woody Allen as Richar Jewell. If he wants to.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2019, 02:20:13 PM »

Sam Rockwell is in talks to join the cast of this film and will be playing Richard Jewell's attorney, a role that was previously going to be played by Leonardo DiCaprio.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/sam-rockwell-clint-eastwood-richard-jewell-1203234323/
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2019, 03:34:48 PM »

I am super hyped. Sam Rockwell is such a talent. maybe the best supporting actor in recent years. A great choice who will shine under Clint's control, again. No doubt.
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2019, 04:27:08 PM »

Rockwell is an amazing actor... I'm glad to see him in this film.  I think he will win the Emmy for best actor in a drama role for Fosse/Vernon tv series where he was great.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »

Sam Rockwell is definitely a great choice. He’s not really an A list actor but a brilliant supporting actor.
Although I haven’t seen all his movies, I enjoyed some of them: The Green Mile, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind,
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
I haven’t seen Vice in which he played President George W. Bush.
He played some crazy and funny characters.
Honestly, I didn’t expect him to appear in a Clint Eastwood film.
So, it could be interesting an interesting challenge.
Now, I’d like to know who will portray Richard Jewell.
I guess we’ll find out soon.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 03:43:22 AM »

I read somewhere on twitter that filming will begin on 25 or 26 of June in Atlanta. It is 2 weeks from now. Typical Eastwood. Hot Summer days in Atlanta.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2019, 08:51:45 AM »

I read somewhere on twitter that filming will begin on 25 or 26 of June in Atlanta. It is 2 weeks from now. Typical Eastwood. Hot Summer days in Atlanta.

That would be cool ! If that was true, the movie could be released in December 2019.
According to IMDb, actor Dexter Tillis will portray a cop.
I didn’t know that actor. He appeared in Selma.
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2019, 09:19:22 AM »

very good choice … a great actor.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »

Cinematographer Yves Bélanger will work with Clint again, according to IMDb !
That’s pretty cool !
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2019, 12:27:31 PM »

Cinematographer Yves Bélanger will work with Clint again, according to IMDb !
That’s pretty cool !

Actually, It was me who put his name on IMDB page as DoP. it's not official yet. But back in February, he said that I will make my schedule free for Clint's next project in the upcoming summer. so I thought he still might be the one to shoot the movie.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2019, 01:22:26 PM »

Actually, It was me who put his name on IMDB page as DoP. it's not official yet. But back in February, he said that I will make my schedule free for Clint's next project in the upcoming summer. so I thought he still might be the one to shoot the movie.

Thank you, Saman Moradkhani !
I hope that Yves Bélanger will be able to work with Clint again.
If it was Tom Stern, that would be nice too.
So, which actor will be chosen for the main character, in your opinion ?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »

Thank you, Saman Moradkhani !
I hope that Yves Bélanger will be able to work with Clint again.
If it was Tom Stern, that would be nice too.
So, which actor will be chosen for the main character, in your opinion ?

One of my greatest unfulfilled desires has been always that someone like Roger Deakins has never worked with Eastwood. or even Hans Zimmer as the composer.

regarding your question, I have to say that this role is totally special. there might be another surprise here just like Rockwell. This role is rich, heavy and juicy material which needs a great actor to portrait.
Marie Brenner describes Richard Jewell as a Forest Gump. So this is not surprising why casting this one has been so difficult. Jonah Hill would be the ideal choice if he was still Jonah Hill from Wolf of wall street.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2019, 12:16:38 AM »

Jonah Hill is a talented actor but he’s more a co-star than a leading actor.
Isn’t he ?
I enjoyed him in Moneyball and The Wolf of Wall Street.
He was funny in 21 Jumpstreet.
But he’s definitely not my cup of tea.
I have the feeling that the Richard Jewell part needs an actor with more charisma.
Maybe I’m wrong and Jonah Hill will be chosen.
Wait and see :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T