News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Jewell: Production Information and News  (Read 18110 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2019, 02:25:44 AM »

What about Jack Black as Richard Jewell?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2019, 03:43:37 AM »

I don’t think so :)
Joaquin Phoenix would be awesome.
As an actor, he has a wide range.
He just finished The Joker for Warner Bros.
So why not ?
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2019, 04:01:13 AM »

Guys. Jonah Hill is mysteriously chubby again. we shall wait. Juaquin is a great choice btw.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2019, 07:07:38 AM »

Definitely Jack Black.
Hate Mr Phoenix though >:(

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2019, 01:05:20 PM »

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/paul-walter-hauser-ballad-of-richard-jewell-clint-eastwood-1203241010/

Paul Walter Hauser will be Richard Jewell in Clint Eastwood’s The Ballad of Richard Jewell.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2019, 01:07:16 PM »

This is HUGE. Hyped.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2019, 01:16:04 PM »

I think physically, he is the best choice. one of the best choices at least. his age is right there, his face so close, and in overall, he is Richard Jewell. And he is a pretty good actor too.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2019, 01:37:41 PM »

Yes, physically, Paul Walter Hauser looks like Richard Jewell.
I don’t know that actor.
I haven’t seen I, Tonya and BlacKkKlansman yet.
This choice is a little bit surprising but interesting.
Anyway it sounds good.
Now, Clint must be ready to shoot the picture.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/paul-walter-hauser-ballad-of-richard-jewell-clint-eastwood-1203241010/

Paul Walter Hauser will be Richard Jewell in Clint Eastwood’s The Ballad of Richard Jewell.

Pretty close resemblance to Jack Black!!!

honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2019, 02:02:17 PM »

PW Hauser has previously worked for Spike Lee . Moving on to a Clint movie is like going from the Baxter clan to the Rojo clan . :-)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2019, 02:43:08 PM »

With this cast, I think this film probably won't be a box office success like "The Mule," or "Sully." Paul Walter Hauser will be unknown to most people, but he does certainly look the part. As for Rockwell, I've seen him act  in many movies, but he's really never made a strong impression on me one way or the other.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2019, 03:08:01 PM »

It's not the actors who attract the crowd. It's the story and off course, CLINT. J.Edgar had Leo DiCaprio. was it a box office hit? NO. Jersey Boys with all unknown actors did better in the box office I reckon. and besides that, this movie is the first movie in years that Clint Eastwood is working with a top, prolific and Oscar-nominated scriptwriter, Billy Ray. So we can be pretty sure that this script will be sth totally different with previous ones like Sully, The Mule, the 15:17 to Paris and even American Sniper. Eastwood's greatest hits _ both critically and commercially_ are all penned by great scriptwriters. Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Letters from Iwo Jima and so on. High hopes for this one to play a very important role in the awards race.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2019, 03:12:46 PM »

"While Eastwood considered Damon, Bale and Cooper for attorney role before going out to Rockwell, Hauser was always considered top choice from the start, just needed sign off from WB"
Justin Kroll, Variety.
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2019, 03:33:01 PM »

With this cast, I think this film probably won't be a box office success like "The Mule," or "Sully."

You never know … Let's be surprised …
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2019, 03:36:56 PM »

"While Eastwood considered Damon, Bale and Cooper for attorney role before going out to Rockwell, Hauser was always considered top choice from the start, just needed sign off from WB"
Justin Kroll, Variety.

I was wondering where you should have read this ? and I found the answer : twitter : https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1138928816259096577
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:43:57 PM by honkytonkman » Logged
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »

I have found this only source mentionning June 24 as first day of filming in Atlanta, but I don't know how they are informed : https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/status/1135178976132042754
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2019, 10:24:57 PM »

High hopes for this one to play a very important role in the awards race.

And again I knew someone would mention awards even before filming has begun.

Really, seriously?

Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2019, 04:05:27 AM »

"When I saw I, Tonya at the Toronto International Film Festival in September of 2017, I was as blown away by Margot Robbie and Allison Janney‘s performances as most critics, but I was also greatly impressed by the performances of Sebastian Stan and another young actor who I wasn’t familiar with by the name of Paul Walter Hauser. I, Tonya was released a few months later in December, and while Janney was feted with awards, and Robbie was showered with nominations, Hauser was left criminally overshadowed by his more famous co-stars So, despite fierce competition, I decided to bestow upon him the modest honor of Up-and-Comer of the Month when that series was over at the Tracking Board. Hey, I’m not a member of any critics group or awards voting body, so it was the best I could do.

Hauser may not look like your typical Hollywood leading man but he’s leading the charge to change the industry’s perception of just what, exactly, a leading man should look like these days. And the ultimate point of Up-and-Comer of the Month is to signal to both the industry and readers who I think has what it takes to carve out a career for themselves in Hollywood, where fame is fleeting and longevity is hard to come by. It helps, of course, to work with genuine legends, and we’re pleased to report today that that’s exactly what is in Hauser’s future, as he has landed the lead in Clint Eastwood‘s fact-based drama Richard Jewell. that’s right, they’ve dropped “The Ballad of” from the original title." Jeff Snieder, Collider.

you can read the full article here:
http://collider.com/paul-walter-hauser-richard-jewell-clint-eastwood-movie/
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2019, 07:41:26 AM »

I, Tonya was a really good film with great acting all around.  Although I thought Hauser sorta stole the movie with his performance.  I'd rather see a rather unknown actor play the lead in this movie rather than an A-list actor.  I think he is a great choice here just from the little I've seen of him.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2019, 02:19:47 PM »

And again I knew someone would mention awards even before filming has begun.

Really, seriously?

I agree with SK that it's ridiculously premature to be talking about awards at this point. This seems to happen with every film Clint makes, and all the Oscar prognostication on the part of the industry has been pretty annoying, since in recent years, Eastwood hasn't been nominated for anything. So, I think it would be best to wait until the film comes out, or at least has been seen and reviewed, before engaging in that conversation.

From the perspective of box office, Matt Damon, Christian Bale, or Bradley Cooper would have been much better choices than Rockwell, since they are bigger stars who have more of an established fan base. But, one thing that is really admirable about Clint is that he makes the film he wants to make with the cast that he wants, and he really doesn't seem to care about box office or critical reception at this point in his career. There really aren't many well known directors that have that kind of integrity! Paul Thomas Hauser could be an inspired outside the box choice as well! We just don't know. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T