News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood in Talks to Direct Richard Jewell biopic at Fox  (Read 5791 times)
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 02:36:24 AM »

This project has a lot of attractions. The first is that it's not just a hero's story, it's also a story of a man unjustly accused (of terrorism) and who suffered from having his reputation tainted despite the fact that he had been cleared. The subject is in my opinion very current because it reminds me of the current excesses of the media: let's just take the case of the media lynching that the press has shamefully done to Woody Allen: I find quite a lot of similarities with the case Richard Jewell: the man is declared innocent, but years after the accusations the press and public opinion continue to bait and torment him -and most people still consider him guilty-. I guess that's the heart of the subject that interested Clint.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 03:06:52 AM by honkytonkman » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 06:27:38 AM »

Thanks for everyone's contributions. I do find it interesting that Eastwood appears to be returning to direct a project that he passed on 5 years ago. There must be something that really attracts Eastwood to this project, and that's kind of intriguing.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 07:31:31 PM »

I feel the same way AKA23. I'm ready for something new. But if it's an Eastwood directed movie I'm going to be interested in it and want to watch it. But yeah something new would be nice.
honkytonkman

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 11:22:30 AM »

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 03:43:34 PM »

Part of the attraction is the political climate that has been going on the past few years and the ramifications of how beyond shallow the media has become. As of this moment lawyer  L. Lin Wood is in the midst of big time lawsuits for on behalf of the late Jewell. It's a pretty sad and grim story in many aspects. Personally, I rather see other actors than Hill and Dicaprio if this ends up being Eastwood's next movie.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2019, 03:05:48 PM »

Well, folks, it looks like Clint may be returning to direct this project. He was previously interested in making this a number of years ago.

I was kind of hoping that the success of "The Mule" might inspire him to direct more fictionalized stories. What does everyone think about Clint potentially making this his next film?

https://deadline.com/2019/04/clint-eastwood-the-ballad-of-richard-jewell-movie-disney-fox-1202598528/

Iím a little bit surprised to learn that Clint will possibly make The Ballad of Richard Jewell.
But itís a good surprise. These last years, I noticed that as an actor, Clint was still interested in fictionalized stories:
The Mule, Trouble with the Curve, Gran Torino and Million Dollar Baby.
But as a director, he was more interested in real life stories.
AKA23, I understand your feelings.
However, The Ballad of Richard Jewell is a promising project. It could be a complex movie.
Iím curious to see which actor will play Richard Jewell: an actor like Joaquin Phúnix could be a good choice.
Anyway, Iím glad to see that Clint is still interested in making movies.
What do you think ?
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 03:35:02 PM »

I don't know if this will affect the making of this movie or not, but apparently, there are upcoming plans to make a television series on this. If I were Eastwood, I wouldn't want to do a movie on this if there would soon be a TV series on the exact same events. The movie will likely be made first, but it seems like they would both cover similar ground, and a televised series would have much more time to develop the story compared to the movie. 

https://deadline.com/2019/05/manhunt-jack-huston-cameron-britton-season-2-spectrum-anthology-series-lionsgate-atlanta-olympics-bomber-eric-rudolph-richard-jewell-1202609069/#comments
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:36:18 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 03:19:58 AM »

I don't know if this will affect the making of this movie or not, but apparently, there are upcoming plans to make a television series on this. If I were Eastwood, I wouldn't want to do a movie on this if there would soon be a TV series on the exact same events. The movie will likely be made first, but it seems like they would both cover similar ground, and a televised series would have much more time to develop the story compared to the movie. 

https://deadline.com/2019/05/manhunt-jack-huston-cameron-britton-season-2-spectrum-anthology-series-lionsgate-atlanta-olympics-bomber-eric-rudolph-richard-jewell-1202609069/#comments

It wouldnít be the first time that it will be many projects focused on the same subject.
In my opinion, I donít think that a TV series would affect the making of this movie.
Clintís project is for cinema and the other one is for television.
The audience of the two projects wonít be necessarily the same.
I just hope that Clint will be able to make the film he wanted.
Iím curious to know which actors will portray Richard Jewell.
Again, I would see Joaquin Phoenix. But I donít know if he will be available and if Clint would like to work with him.
What about you ? Which actor would you like to see portraying Richard Jewell in Clintís film ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T