News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Jewell: Production Information and News  (Read 12994 times)
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2019, 01:20:11 PM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2019, 05:31:44 PM »

This is one of the oddest casts that Eastwood has worked with. It’s very eclectic. I like Nina. I’m a fan of “Billions” and “Goliath,” and she had significant roles in both. If you’re interested in checking her out, but haven’t seen “Goliath,” I’d skip Season 2.
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »

This is one of the oddest casts that Eastwood has worked with. It’s very eclectic. I like Nina. I’m a fan of “Billions” and “Goliath,” and she had significant roles in both. If you’re interested in checking her out, but haven’t seen “Goliath,” I’d skip Season 2.

Yeah, I really like this cast... lots of good actors here.  I also think that Nina Arianda was very good in Billions (one of my favorite current shows).
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2019, 01:08:51 AM »

Honestly, I don’t know Nina Arienda. She worked with Al Pacino in The Humbling.
It’s not the first time that Clint works with a Tony Award winner since he worked with John Lloyd Young in Jersey Boys.
I like the cast of Richard Jewell too. It’s interesting and daring too.
There’s no real A-list actor but some well-known actors like Kathy Bates, Sam Rockwell and John Hamm.
Although Olivia Wilde is well-known too, she’s not as popular as Charlize Theron for instance.
This cast seems refreshing in Clint’s filmography, in my opinion.
I liked the cast of The Mule too but it was more familiar than this one.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2019, 07:58:53 AM »

These are definitely some interesting choices, but for this type of film, I would have expected A-list actors to be part of the cast. I honestly wonder whether or not Clint's decision to film in Georgia may have made it difficult for him to get A-list movie stars to join due to the actor boycott that resulted from Georgia's abortion restrictions bill.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:01 AM »

I actually saw Nina Arienda onstage in Venus in Fur a few years back. She made a strong impression in an oddball but absorbing play.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2019, 12:56:57 PM »

Honestly, I don’t know Nina Arienda. She worked with Al Pacino in The Humbling.
It’s not the first time that Clint works with a Tony Award winner since he worked with John Lloyd Young in Jersey Boys.
I like the cast of Richard Jewell too. It’s interesting and daring too.
There’s no real A-list actor but some well-known actors like Kathy Bates, Sam Rockwell and John Hamm.
Although Olivia Wilde is well-known too, she’s not as popular as Charlize Theron for instance.
This cast seems refreshing in Clint’s filmography, in my opinion.
I liked the cast of The Mule too but it was more familiar than this one.
/

I guess this is a better destiny for the movie. A-List actors let the crowd down sometimes due to very high hopes they bring with themselves. (Leo Dicaperio as J.Edgar maybe?)
Remember Letters from Iwo Jima and Flags of our fathers? two of Clint's bests with no A-list actors, with totally unknown actors with the former one. But they are pure cinematic achievements. why? because of their amazing script and stories. Hillary Swank was never an A-list actress when Clint casted her as Maggie Fitzgerald in MDB. or, Forrest Whitaker in Bird. again, one of Clint's most appreciated movies.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2019, 01:08:36 PM »

These are definitely some interesting choices, but for this type of film, I would have expected A-list actors to be part of the cast. I honestly wonder whether or not Clint's decision to film in Georgia may have made it difficult for him to get A-list movie stars to join due to the actor boycott that resulted from Georgia's abortion restrictions bill.

Actually, I don't think that would be the case. Because Olivia Wilde is also one of the frontrunners in these politically motivated movements in Hollywood and, she just couldn't be more delighted to join this project. (Seen her tweet?). and beside that, there are lots of other movies shooting in Georgia or scheduled to shoot there with enough A-listers. I guess, Eastwood has got what he wanted. We all know that Paul Walter Hauser was his first choice as Richard Jewell from the very beginning.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:15:12 PM by Saman Moradkhani » Logged
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2019, 01:22:13 PM »

Billy Ray, The Scriptwriter of Richard Jewell, tweeted this after Sam Rockwell joined the cast:

"VERY high hopes for this one. A great director and a great cast.
Stories this good are a privilege to write."
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »

/

I guess this is a better destiny for the movie. A-List actors let the crowd down sometimes due to very high hopes they bring with themselves. (Leo Dicaperio as J.Edgar maybe?)
Remember Letters from Iwo Jima and Flags of our fathers? two of Clint's bests with no A-list actors, with totally unknown actors with the former one. But they are pure cinematic achievements. why? because of their amazing script and stories. Hillary Swank was never an A-list actress when Clint casted her as Maggie Fitzgerald in MDB. or, Forrest Whitaker in Bird. again, one of Clint's most appreciated movies.

Ken Watanabe was the most popular and recognizable Japanese actor in the United States, and possibly the world, when he made "Letters from Iwo Jima." Hilary Swank was an Oscar winner and a major star as well. With the exception of Kathy Bates, the actors in this film are either unknown, like Paul Walter Hauser, or TV stars. While Sam Rockwell is somewhere in the middle, he's not really a bankable star.

Interestingly enough, Olivia Wilde was actually one of the original signatories of the letter announcing the Georgia film boycott. She apparently changed her mind to work with Eastwood.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:31:46 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2019, 12:00:42 AM »

Ken Watanabe was the most popular and recognizable Japanese actor in the United States, and possibly the world, when he made "Letters from Iwo Jima." Hilary Swank was an Oscar winner and a major star as well. With the exception of Kathy Bates, the actors in this film are either unknown, like Paul Walter Hauser, or TV stars. While Sam Rockwell is somewhere in the middle, he's not really a bankable star.

Interestingly enough, Olivia Wilde was actually one of the original signatories of the letter announcing the Georgia film boycott. She apparently changed her mind to work with Eastwood.

neither Ken Watanabe nor Hilary Swank were A-list actors back in the 2000s. They are no A-list actors even now. and definitely not bankers. And Sam Rockwell is also an Oscar Winner and most freshly, an oscar-nominated actor for his role as George Bush. I think this is one of the most homogeneous casts Clint has ever had. Martin McDonough and Guillermo Del Toro didn't think about Frances McDormand and Sally Hawkins this way for sure. Some out of the box choices who shocked everyone in film industry.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:51:13 AM by Saman Moradkhani » Logged
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »

I disagree on Hilary Swank. On the contrary, she won an Oscar for1999's 'Boys Don't Cry'  and was considered an A List actress and a respected one by the time she did Million Dollar Baby.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2019, 12:01:49 AM »

I disagree on Hilary Swank. On the contrary, she won an Oscar for1999's 'Boys Don't Cry'  and was considered an A List actress and a respected one by the time she did Million Dollar Baby.

Let's not forget that WB didn't even want to make that movie. even with Hilary (she wasn't Sandra Bullock or Cate Blanchet) and Clint in the cast. so they provided only half of the budget. but in this case, WB actually saved this project by taking it from Disney.
and again, if winning an oscar makes you A-list, Sam Rockwell is a damn A-lister.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2019, 12:25:42 PM »

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2019, 02:09:47 PM »

I rather see Norman Rockwell.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2019, 06:11:56 PM »

That’s quite a bold shirt that Clint is wearing. It actually looks like something Earl Stone would wear! Kind of like it belongs to another era.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »

That’s quite a bold shirt that Clint is wearing.

Doesn't everyone wear Hawaiian shirts in summer?

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

You gotta be durable...real durable. Most ain't

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2019, 10:38:39 PM »

I do, on occasion ...  :)

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
PeterD

View Profile Email
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2019, 10:39:10 PM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2019, 04:34:11 AM »

Doesn't everyone wear Hawaiian shirts in summer?

I don't, and none of my friends do either. Everyone is different though. Maybe it depends on region or demographics.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T