News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Eastwood in the press (minor mentions)  (Read 41900 times)
Shannonsmith1993

Email
« Reply #880 on: April 23, 2016, 05:26:53 AM »

Watching a documentary on my Firefox DVD and Clint's office from the outside looks exactly the same now as it did 30+ years ago.

Really? Nice!  O0
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #881 on: April 24, 2016, 10:27:02 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3551226/Clint-Eastwood-turns-Dirty-Harry-pummels-pinata-Ellen-DeGeneres-head-baseball-bat.html

Dirty Harry comes back with a baseball bat  :P

" Clint Eastwood turns Dirty Harry pummels pinata Ellen DeGeneres head baseball bat "

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uPeenEcG6Jg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uPeenEcG6Jg</a>   

Clint was very funny, he seemed very serious!  :knuppel2:  I enjoyed that very much!!  :D

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
SDS

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #882 on: June 01, 2016, 08:26:13 AM »

http://www.dailynews3.com/newcastle-england/clint-eastwood-is-moving-to-newcastle-england/

Anyone reckon there's any truth in this? I haven't seen anything in the local press as a Newcastle resident! :D
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #883 on: June 01, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »

I doubt it's true. Seems there's some hoaxes that have been playing out around on Facebook and other places that make up these stories to get people excited for no good reason.

Notice that the source of "the magazine" in which he gave "an interview" isn't cited anywhere?  And doesn't the "Clint quote" sound very very similar to this fake one that was going around a few months ago:

PARKVILLE, MO (KCTV) -

Sorry, Northlanders. Clint Eastwood is not moving to Parkville.

A number of hoax posts have appeared on Facebook this year claiming various celebrities were moving to various small towns.

One recent post said the famed Hollywood director and actor announced in an interview that he was up and buying a house in Parkville.

The report claimed Eastwood told a magazine that he was tired of the "fake people and (expletive)" in his current home state of California and was looking forward to moving to a place "where people are just people and whose sincerity you don’t have to question," referring to the Midwest.

It turns out the article was completely fake, but a lot of people believed it, including the city’s mayor, for a split second.

“If he did move here, he would build a really phenomenal house right, then we'd have all this tax money. Us mayors are always thinking about the budget and taxes and all that,” Mayor Nan Johnston said.

She said she was not aware of Eastwood ever visiting the small town just north of Kansas City.

The article is just the most recent of a number of similar hoaxes online. Last week an article claimed Matthew McConaughey was moving to Mulvane, KS. That turned out to be false too.

Read more: http://www.kctv5.com/story/31436864/no-clint-eastwood-is-not-moving-to-parkville#ixzz4ALV3U0cd

http://www.kctv5.com/story/31436864/no-clint-eastwood-is-not-moving-to-parkville

Sorry, but don't expect Clint to move away from California, where he's lived all his life. He loved it enough to be Mayor of his town once. He's not tired of it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:31:01 AM by Matt » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #884 on: June 01, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/celebrity-moving-small-towns/  ;)

City Trickers
A number of hoax posts appeared on Facebook in early 2016 claiming that various celebrities were moving to various small towns.

FALSE

Origin:On or around 28 February 2016, we began receiving a large volume of e-mails asking whether myriad very famous people were moving to assorted small towns across the United States (and some in Canada). in some instances, celebrities (including Tom Cruise and Justin Bieber) were purportedly moving to multiple non-metropolitan areas all at the same time.

The queries appeared out of nowhere at around the same time, as if an exodus from Hollywood occurred en masse for some unstated reason. The second thing that made us raise an eyebrow was that all these tidbits of entertainment reporting came from what appeared to be solely two websites -- Headline Brief and McKenzie Post. Either two visually identical and, until that point, unknown outlets had suddenly cornered the market on celebrity real estate scoops, or a new social media prank generator was afoot, causing confusion on social media.

By 4 March 2016, many of the original links forwarded by readers were not operational. The remaining working links led to articles on web sites of suspicious visual similarity and near-identical content about why X celebrity decided to pick up and move to Y town:
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #885 on: June 30, 2016, 08:48:59 AM »

Clint, Maggie Eastwood donate 79 acres to Big Sur Land Trust
Gift will restore Carmel River Flood Plain

On Tuesday, a ceremony was held to celebrate Clint and Maggie Eastwood's donation of 79 acres of their Odello East property to the Big Sur Land Trust.

In 1997, the Eastwoods donated 49 acres of Odello East to the trust, but this second donation took a bit longer to organize.

"You think a gift would be easy. You'd think somebody would just snatch it up and say 'thank you,'" Eastwood said after the ceremony.

The gift will preserve the open space and restore the Carmel River Flood Plain.

Big Sur Land Trust plans to remove the levee and add new flood channels. The projects will benefit wildlife habitats in the lower Carmel River and Carmel River Lagoon.

The trust will also put in a public trail going from Carmel River Beach all the way to Palo Corona Regional Park.

Restoring the flood plain will also protect the Mission Fields neighborhood and Rio Road area from flooding if the Central Coast ever sees a season with as much rainfall as it saw in 1995 and 1998.

"It took out the whole neighborhood down there and across the intersection, millions of dollars in expenses," Eastwood said about past flooding.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/clint-maggie-eastwood-donate-79-acres-to-big-sur-land-trust/40269034

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #886 on: July 31, 2016, 10:10:13 PM »

From a humor column in today's New York Times ... The writer has been groped by a "creep" while walking on New York's High Line, a former elevated railway line turned into a park:

I turn around to see where the creep has gone and see him and his two buddies half a block away. They aren’t running, they’re looking over the rail, scoping out the crowd. I see no police officers. Obviously I’m going to have to take justice in my own hands.

“CREEP!” I yell.

The kids sneer.

Then I remember what the modern victim is supposed to do: Get a photo. I open the flap of my cross-body bag; unzip the phone pouch; try to unlock my phone with a sweaty fingerprint — and fail, because wet hands mess up the ID; punch in my security code; swipe through the icons for the camera; find it; and aim. By which time the kids have, of course, disappeared.

You know those assault horror stories that have exploded this summer? Women groped on subways; perverts exposing themselves; black drivers pulled over and terrorized by the police; officers murdered by snipers.

What has amazed me about these crimes is the ability of many victims or passers-by to quickly grab their phones and get a photo. Or live-stream the attackers on Facebook. America is a country of quick-draw artists, with apps instead of guns.

But not me. I am, I realize, one of those helpless townspeople who after years of being terrorized by a gang of sneering bandits, would have to hire a gunman. Clint Eastwood, say, in a remake of “High Plains Drifter” — call it “High Line Drifter.”

Clint — I am talking the young, chiseled Clint, not the Clint who talks to chairs — would have known what to do with that groper. He would have gotten a photo and posted it on Twitter instantly. Then he would have sprinted after the creep and dangled him by his heels over the High Line rail, two stories over 10th Avenue — dangled him with one hand, live-streamed him on Periscope with the other.

Clint would not be oblivious to how I look in my favorite summer dress either.

“You know a good place for fried chicken?” Clint would ask me, as the kid begged for mercy. “I like fried chicken.”

Then Clint would drop the creep on 10th Avenue and there would be a public outcry and his lone-gunslinger license would be suspended and I would still not have a boyfriend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/nyregion/smile-for-the-phone-creep.html
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #887 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:58 PM »

Hmmmm.  This isn't hitting my funny bone.  But, thanks for sharing it.  :)
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #888 on: August 23, 2016, 03:29:54 PM »

I would be extremely surprised if this ended up happening, but I am posting it because I thought it was amusing. In my opinion, Clint just isn't going to costar in a movie with the likes of Justin Bieber ;)

http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/21/justin-bieber-in-mega-bucks-deal-to-transfer-to-real-madrid-opposite-cristiano-ronaldo-6082067/

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #889 on: October 10, 2016, 03:15:42 PM »

I'm not sure where to put this as it's not confirmed... But on twitter today there's a report that Clint is set to be a producer on  A Star Is Born to be directed by Bradley Cooper and starring Lady Gaga... He's then rumoured to be directing a film about kidnapped aid worker Jessica Buchanen to be scripted by Brian Helgeland .. Apparently..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #890 on: October 10, 2016, 05:49:37 PM »

We now have a thread started for the second item. As to the other ... I've noticed Clint listed as producer on the A Star Is Born project in the IMDb for some time now. If it's true, guess we'll have to transfer the old A Star Is Born thread back to News from the Off Topic forum. That project seems to be harder to kill than Rasputin.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #891 on: October 13, 2016, 11:00:42 PM »

It doesn't get much more minor than this: I don't watch Jeopardy, but I usually look at the small ad they have in the arts section of the New York Times every day, headlined "Jeopardy: Clue of the Day." Today, the category was "The Oscars," and the clue was, "In 2005 he lost for best actor but won for directing. At 74 becoming the oldest winner ever in that category."

Anyone? ;)
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #892 on: October 14, 2016, 01:32:51 AM »

It doesn't get much more minor than this: I don't watch Jeopardy, but I usually look at the small ad they have in the arts section of the New York Times every day, headlined "Jeopardy: Clue of the Day." Today, the category was "The Oscars," and the clue was, "In 2005 he lost for best actor but won for directing. At 74 becoming the oldest winner ever in that category."

Anyone? ;)
KC,

I watched Thursday's episode of Jeopardy. This was the final Jeopardy! clue. In my humble opinion, the question "Who is Clint Eastwood?" was obvious.

All three contestants wrote down their question correctly very quickly. The champion retained her championship.

Avid Jeopardy! fans maintain the Jeopardy! Archive:
http://www.j-archive.com/

The most current game provided is
Show #7377 - Tuesday, October 11, 2016
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5429

The results for Thursday, October 13, 2016 should be available early next week.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #893 on: October 14, 2016, 07:16:48 AM »

Wait, you mean they publish a clue from the show BEFORE it's been used on the show? Is that legal? :o
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #894 on: October 14, 2016, 08:15:01 AM »

Wait, you mean they publish a clue from the show BEFORE it's been used on the show? Is that legal? :o
I find it very odd that the New York Times would publish a clue before an episode of Jeopardy! has aired. So long as the NYT does not also publish the question, it's probably "legal", but still somewhat odd.

According to Jeopardy!'s website:
https://www.jeopardy.com/about/find-your-station
weekdays on WABC ABC NEW YORK at ABC 7 AT 7:00PM (Zip Code: 10019)

When on Thursday was the New York Times clue for the day published?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:29:48 PM by Dan Dassow » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #895 on: October 14, 2016, 07:24:15 PM »

It's in the edition I buy in the morning (yes, I still buy a "hard copy" newspaper every day). I assume, since it's an advertisement, that it would be in all editions, including the early edition that is (I think) available late on the previous evening.

But maybe the shows are taped before they're aired? ???
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #896 on: October 14, 2016, 09:28:31 PM »

It's in the edition I buy in the morning (yes, I still buy a "hard copy" newspaper every day). I assume, since it's an advertisement, that it would be in all editions, including the early edition that is (I think) available late on the previous evening.

But maybe the shows are taped before they're aired? ???
http://www.jeopardy-faqs.com/game-mechanics.html
Q: I thought a weeks worth of shows were done in one day. Is that the case?
A: We taped twice a week, 5 shows a day, 3 weeks a month, 9 months a year. Normally the shows you see on tv were taped about 2 months in advance. There are variances, times off for remote tapings, and breaks for holiday weeks and what not, so no there are not 54 weeks of shows and yes there are re-runs. But Jeopardy! is the "game show" with the most original programming each year.' ...
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #897 on: February 19, 2017, 05:24:45 PM »

A very minor mention of Clint Eastwood and Unforgiven by Hugh Jackman while promoting Logan.

The Eastwood reference is around the 2:25 minute mark.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/34450612/hugh-jackmans-final-installment-of-wolverine/#page1

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Holden Pike
Member Extraordinaire

"If they move, kill 'em."

View Profile Email
« Reply #898 on: March 29, 2017, 06:37:57 AM »

I was listening to the podcast "Soundtracking" where host Edith Bowman interviews filmmakers about the use of music in film, both original score and existing material on soundtracks. I'm sure she would love to talk to Eastwood, but while listening to the episode featuring writer/director Jeff Nichols he at least mentions one of Clint's films. For those unfamiliar with Jeff Nichols, he is one of my favorites working today, having made Take Shelter (2011), Mud (2012), Midnight Special (2016), and Loving (2016). At about the 11-minute mark on the episode Bowman asks Nichols what moments in films that he saw growing up he found especially powerful combinations of music and cinema. The first one he cites is A Perfect World[/b], the Cajun waltz that Butch plays on the record player near the end of the film (Lennie Niehaus' "Big Fran's Baby").

Link below.

http://www.edithbowman.com/soundtracking/page/2
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:39:05 AM by Holden Pike » Logged

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man you stay with him, and if you can't do that you're like some animal, you're finished. We're all finished."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #899 on: March 29, 2017, 07:13:21 AM »

A Holden Pike sighting!  8)

Thanks for the link. I hope I'll get to listen to it later on today. I'm sure you know that "Big Fran's Baby" in A Perfect World was written by Eastwood (the "baby" referred to is Frances Fisher's daughter, Francesca Ruth Fisher-Eastwood), and orchestrated by Niehaus. When heard on the record player it sounds like an authentic old-time popular dance tune, then it becomes the film's main musical theme.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T