News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sully: Production Information and News  (Read 27532 times)
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2015, 07:42:16 AM »

Unfortunately, my apartment doesn't have a river view. But I DO have a great view of the Hudson Hotel, if that's of interest to Clint and his crew! ;)
We can only hope that the location manager would consider your offer. In addition, the location manager could use the services of an excellent research librarian and long-time Eastwood fan that we all know.  ;)

Likewise, the screenplay needs to mention the New York Public Library. Since The Music Man has Marion the Librarian, shouldn't Sulley feature KC the Research Librarian?  O0
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2015, 09:32:47 AM »

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 08:13:09 AM »

Doris Day reportedly lured out of retirement by Clint Eastwood

The 91-year-old star is apparently keen to return to the big screen after an offer from the 85-year-old American Sniper director

Eastwood, riding high off his biggest hit American Sniper, is working on a film based on the story of hero pilot Chesley Sullenberger, with Tom Hanks in the lead role. It’s not known if this is the film that Day is set to star in

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/22/doris-day-out-retirement-clint-eastwood

I suppose this is the right topic to post ...

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/22/doris-day-out-retirement-clint-eastwood

I suppose this is the right topic to post ...

I saw this yesterday, but this story didn't sound credible to me, so I didn't post it.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 08:59:05 AM »

The original article is in German. It's from a tabloid, so I'm not sure how credible it is, but I've linked to it here: http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/doris-day/wieder-vor-der-kamera-42643238.bild.html

I believe KC speaks German, so she may be able to help us to translate this article. KC, is there any indication in this of the role Day is supposedly being offered or the genre of the proposed film? The article doesn't seem to mention it being for "Sully." 
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »

The original article is in German. It's from a tabloid, so I'm not sure how credible it is, but I've linked to it here: http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/doris-day/wieder-vor-der-kamera-42643238.bild.html

I believe KC speaks German, so she may be able to help us to translate this article. KC, is there any indication in this of the role Day is supposedly being offered or the genre of the proposed film? The article doesn't seem to mention it being for "Sully." 
I also read and speak the German language, although I am a little rusty.

Bild am Sonntag (Picture on Sunday) is a German tabloid magazine similar to US and People magazine. The article is suggesting that Clint Eastwood might ask Doris Day to appear in "Sully", since he knows her.

Here is a rough translation with the help of Google Translate and a little tweaking to make the translation grammatical:
In the Californian town of Carmel, just south of San Francisco, they are just a stone's throw away from each other. Now Clint Eastwood (85) would like to entice his neighbor Doris Day (91) one last time to appear before the camera.

The Hollywood veteran, who has retired from show business decades ago, however, imposed conditions. She will only join the production if it is filmed in her home; traveling is too burdensome. In addition she specified that a share of the revenue go to the Doris Day Animal League. She created the foundation 35 years for homeless animals.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:23:14 PM by Dan Dassow » Logged
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »

As I suspected initially, this rumor is false. Confirmation of this comes from Doris Day's representatives.

According to Charley Walters from Day’s publicity team: “While Doris always appreciates hearing from her fans, the rumors about her returning to the big screen are not true. She adores her longtime friend Clint Eastwood, but Doris’ recent and current focus remains on her Doris Day Animal Foundation, which continues to help animals and the people who love them.”

http://deadline.com/2015/09/not-true-doris-day-quashes-rumor-of-new-film-with-clint-eastwood-1201544425/
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2015, 06:44:12 AM »

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2015, 09:23:27 AM »

Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2015, 09:56:34 AM »

Sully photos.....

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/lM4dIswaWTR/Clint+Eastwood+Works+Set+Sully/Clint+Eastwood

I find it interesting that even Mr. Eastwood has a "Sully" crew badge. (Image 4)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:32:40 PM by Dan Dassow » Logged
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 07:12:16 PM »

We've changed the title of this thread since filming has begun. :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:13:40 PM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2015, 11:56:33 PM »

Cool.... Great to see Clint back at work

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »

Joel Cox, Eastwood's editor, recently gave an interview. In the interview, he talks a little bit about working with Eastwood, but the interview is mostly focused on his thoughts on editing and how he got into the business. Towards the end of the interview, at about 23 minutes in, he mentioned that he is not going to be editing "Sully." He says that he is working on another project and that one of his assistants will be editing the film instead. Gary Roach also works with Joel Cox, so I thought maybe he was the one who might be editing "Sully", but IMDB says Blu Murray is doing it. If true, I believe that "Sully" will mark the first time since "In the Line of Fire" that Joel Cox did not edit a movie Eastwood directed or starred in. The interview is here:

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2015/10/Quietcast-VIFF-Industry-2015-Joel-Cox-Talks-Editing--Working-with-Clint-Eastwood-Interview
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »

Joel Cox, Eastwood's editor, recently gave an interview. In the interview, he talks a little bit about working with Eastwood, but the interview is mostly focused on his thoughts on editing and how he got into the business. Towards the end of the interview, at about 23 minutes in, he mentioned that he is not going to be editing "Sully." He says that he is working on another project and that one of his assistants will be editing the film instead. Gary Roach also works with Joel Cox, so I thought maybe he was the one who might be editing "Sully", but IMDB says Blu Murray is doing it. If true, I believe that "Sully" will mark the first time since "In the Line of Fire" that Joel Cox did not edit a movie Eastwood directed or starred in. The interview is here:

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2015/10/Quietcast-VIFF-Industry-2015-Joel-Cox-Talks-Editing--Working-with-Clint-Eastwood-Interview
AKA, thank you for the link to the article. I'm disappointed that Joel Cox will not be editing "Sully". I became very familiar with Mr. Cox' work when creating the Wikipedia article on him in support of the Wikipedia article on Changeling.

http://www.eonline.com/news/702761/tom-hanks-gives-first-glimpse-of-himself-as-captain-sully-for-new-movie-take-a-look
Tom Hanks Gives First Glimpse of Himself as Captain Sully for New Movie—Take a Look!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:34:18 PM by Dan Dassow » Logged
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 02:00:32 PM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2015, 03:10:04 PM »

It's cool to see these production photos. I always enjoy seeing Eastwood at work. I'm sure he'll be good in this, since Tom Hanks is good in pretty much everything, but he really doesn't look much like Sully. I actually think Eastwood looks a lot more like Sully than Hanks does.
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2015, 03:31:41 PM »

... I actually think Eastwood looks a lot more like Sully than Hanks does.
  O0 Agreed!  O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2015, 06:56:09 PM »

Hanks playing the Good Samaritan in NYC this week:

http://www.fordhamobserver.com/tom-hanks-finds-fordham-id/
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2015, 02:29:18 PM »

Hanks playing the Good Samaritan in NYC this week:

http://www.fordhamobserver.com/tom-hanks-finds-fordham-id/

Tom Hanks seems like a really nice guy. This isn't the first time when he has extended himself to do something kind for regular folks like this girl.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »

O0 Agreed!  O0

I wonder why Eastwood didn't consider playing this role himself. He bears a closer physical resemblance to Sully than Hanks, and Sully seems like a pretty heroic character. I know that he's much older than Sully, but in my opinion, Sully looks at least a decade older than he actually is, and Eastwood looks a lot younger than 85. Given that, at first glance, given the limited information we have about this role, it seems like Sully could have been a good potential character for Eastwood to play. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T