News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rawhide prop hat (unconfirmed)  (Read 1099 times)
HuckClark

View Profile Email
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »

Hi Gang. I purchased a cowboy hat a few years back, with a reasonable back-story; Clint gave it to a 2nd unit director, after a round of golf,  saying that it was from one of his westerns.  It has two holes punched into the brim, like you would do, to add a latigo  chin strap.

It's somewhat similar to the hat that Clint wore in the second season of Rawhide. I wonder if anybody remembers any other western that Clint wore a hat with a latigo strap? This Stetson  hat is about a size 7 1/8 give or take.
The Director fella passed away in 1973, so that narrows down the possibilities a bit.

Thanks.
Huck

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/6/4/2/6/0/webimg/843553495_o.jpg

This is a link to an image of the hat, that I uploaded to my auctiva account. You will have to click on the link, until I can figure out how to get a picture to post.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:49:43 PM by HuckClark » Logged
HuckClark

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 12:38:11 PM »

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:28:42 PM by HuckClark » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 07:00:51 AM »

Hi HuckClark, and welcome to the Board. I'm sorry I can't answer your question. For the record, the Westerns (besides Rawhide) that Clint appeared in up to 1973 are the three Leone "spaghetti Westerns," Hang 'Em High, Two Mules for Sister Sara, and Joe KIdd; High Plains Drifter was released in 1973. Paint Your Wagon also has a Western setting.

Also, before he became a star, he did have a small part in Star in the Dust and co-starred in another obscure Western, Ambush at Cimarron Pass.

I removed your duplicate post in the Westerns forum. Hope you don't mind! :)
HuckClark

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »

Not at all, thanks! I would have removed it myself but couldn't find the (delete post) button.  The hat came from the Marty Moss estate in S.F., and Ive heard that Marty and Clint go all the way back to the early S.F. days.
 FWIW dept....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T