News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Owning all of Clints movies on DVD that he's ever acted in question  (Read 6117 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: July 07, 2015, 01:49:27 AM »

My question is for those of you who own all of Clints movies on DVD he's ever acted in or those of you who are like me who are in the process of trying to eventually own all of Clints movies he's ever acted in.   Are u including the movies that he didn't star in but had like an uncredited role in.  Like his very first few movies revenge of the creature which he only had a couple of lines in. Or like tarantula and all the other movies that he had a really small role in.   Do you have all of those movies and if your like me still trying to own every one of them on DVD are u going to buy all of those uncredited role movies as well. I'm debating on that right now. I first want to get all of his main movies the ones that he starred in or at least had a significant role in.  And then I defenately want to own the revenge of the creature since that was Clints very first movie he ever appeared in.  Even though he only had a few lines I think it would be cool to own his very first movie he ever acted in.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think revenge of the creature was the very first time Clint appeared in a movie (his first ever acting appearance). Plus his lines are pretty funny. And that movie is a cult classic or maybe even a pure classic.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 07:29:49 AM »

Got them all...archived under chronological order,the Rawhide series included.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:42:33 AM »

Got them all...archived under chronological order,the Rawhide series included.

I think this deserves a picture :)

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »

I think this deserves a picture :)
I agree! :)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 09:55:53 AM »

If only I knew how to post a personal image   :-\

_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 10:46:35 AM »

It's very easy, just upload it on tinypic.com and insert the link here on the forum.

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:20:12 AM »

It's very easy, just upload it on tinypic.com and insert the link here on the forum.
O0

plus a few more here and there

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »

That's great, Antonis! 8)
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 11:42:54 AM »

Nice collection! Did you take those photos with your phone?

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 11:48:49 AM »

Took the pics with my phone,so you can understand the poor quaility.

_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »

Figured  ;D

Man, I love these shrine type collections dedicated to a favorite actor, director or film series. Looks great!

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 09:16:27 AM »

Man, I love these shrine type collections dedicated to a favorite actor, director or film series. Looks great!

Thanks.
I have to add though,that Mr Eastwood means far more than the above description.
He's been around all my life and I consider him part of the family.
(You can ask my wife about her feelings though considering that the pics taken are from our living room) >:D >:D >:D

_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 09:48:10 AM »

I know the feeling, Antonis!

B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 07:05:42 AM »

At one point I could say I owned all of Clint's films on dvd.  I had begun with Rawhide when the first season came out, too.  By then I had a few of his early film appearances, such as Revenge Of The Creature and Away All Boats. 

I have recently decided to finally stop collecting.  I'll keep a handful of things I gravitate towards repeatedly but otherwise, I'm done.  I just don't want to attempt to keep up with Elvis, Eastwood and Star Trek anymore.  Too much time, effort and money for my taste anymore.  My favorites will always remain my favorites but I'm not taking it with me when I go, you know?  The way media is today if I ever want to seek something out it's fairly easy to find. 

It was fun while it lasted but speaking for myself my heart just isn't into collecting anymore.  I've got my two wonderful kids and wife to continue keeping me happy enough.   :)
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »

Kinda envy you, Jed. I wish I only had three things to collect  ;) Did you collect more than the movies, TV-shows and music? I understand priorities change.

I'm a collector by heart so I'll never sell off my stuff, I won't take it with me but I'll enjoy the hell out of it until the Reaper comes  :)

B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »

Hey Clintan,

I collected mostly cds and dvds.  Other than that, some books and magazines.  I never went in for the knick-knack kind of stuff.  When I first started, things were different and I began with vinyl, cassettes and eventually VHS.  That all changed when cds and dvds came along.   

That's great.  Yes, definitely enjoy!    O0
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 11:53:12 AM »

My favorites will always remain my favorites but I'm not taking it with me when I go, you know? 

I've got my two wonderful kids and wife to continue keeping me happy enough.   :)

We all got to leave something to our beloved ones my friend...

and what's better than our Eastwood collection?
Sometimes I wonder if they'll take good care of them when I'm gone  :angel:

B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »

We all got to leave something to our beloved ones my friend...

and what's better than our Eastwood collection?
Sometimes I wonder if they'll take good care of them when I'm gone  :angel:

Good point, Antonis.  But, it's most just media so not much of a collection, really.  I mean, if I had some rarity items that would be different.  Original posters or movie items such as props or whatever.  My kids will have their own favorites I'm sure.  Nicholas already loves Star Wars so Star Trek isn't on the table for him but that's okay.  I'm enjoying Star Wars all over again through his eyes and that's the best.  Everybody will remember what  big fan(atic) I am/was of Elvis Presley, Clint Eastwood and Star Trek and I'm more than content to leave that behind.  That's not a bad thing at all but I'd much rather be remembered for being a good and happy person.
_Clintan_

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 12:06:37 PM »

I actually think movie collections is a beautiful thing to look at and I love working on mine. Re-arranging, buying new ones etc.

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 02:26:23 PM »

Those of you who have all or most of Clints movies do you buy them all on stand alone dvd or do you buy like double features or triple features of Clints movies?  Like with the three spaghetti westerns and the Dirty Harry movies do you own each movie on stand alone dvd or do you buy the box set that has each movie in it?  Like do you prefer having each Clint movie on its own dvd and case or do you buy double, triple features and boxet sets? Out of all my Eastwood movies I have all are on stand alone dvd and cases except for The man with no name Leone western trilogy and Dirty Harry.  Both of these I own in a box set that includes each movie in the set.  But all my others are on stand alone dvds.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T