News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other Streaming Services  (Read 172 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: March 16, 2020, 09:49:41 PM »

So we have the Netflix thread that's been going on for a while, but what about other streaming services that you might like to use? Especially with a lot of theaters currently shutting down with the virus concerns, streaming will get more of that money.

So what else do you stream from and what do you like watching on it?

I had Disney Plus for a few months, and I've mentioned elsewhere about watching The Mandalorian. And of course there's tons of older movies on there. But after cancelling my subscription with them (I'll get it again occasionally), I currently have DC Universe. There's not tons of movies and shows on it because it also gives you access to a bunch of comic books. Again I'll probably only keep it for a couple months or so, but I got it because I like the DC animated movies. Not all of them are on it, but there are some that I haven't already seen. Plus I've been watching the late '90s/early 2000s series Batman Beyond, which I'm really liking. It takes place years later when Bruce Wayne is old and a new Batman comes along.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 12:33:33 AM »

I use Amazon Prime. The most notable series I've watched from it is The Man in the High Castle, a Prime original, which was very good.

TCM offers streaming movies, which I think you can use by signing in under your cable provider, but the one streaming service I'd most like to join if I watched enough to justify it these days is Criterion's own site. https://www.criterionchannel.com/ They offer two weeks free.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »

Criterion streaming would be nice. Is it just the movies they've released DVDs for?

I'm currently subscribing to Boomerang, the cartoon service. So if you've seen on my movie journal some Scooby-Doo movies, that would be why. ;) :D
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 07:28:53 PM »

I use Amazon Prime in addition to Netflix as well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T