News: See Clint Eastwood's RICHARD JEWELL, in theaters December 13!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Trek Appreciation Thread (TOS only please)  (Read 48060 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2020, 06:19:13 PM »

9/29/67 (Original Airdate)

2/02/08 (Remastered Airdate)

The basic plot to this is revisited in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.  Like the NASA space probe Voyager VI, Nomad was launched to collect data for return and study to Earth.  Similarly, it was altered during its’ journey, in turn becoming a danger to all life forms it would encounter. 

It’s entertaining to see Kirk expose Nomad’s flaw in its’ memory bank and pointing out that it is “in error” which leads to the probes’ self destruction.  It probably would’ve made more sense to have the logical Mr. Spock execute this task but Kirk did it in a more passionate and entertaining manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:46:35 PM by Jed Cooper » Logged

“Eyuh.”
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2020, 07:31:45 AM »

Not to interrupt your flow, Jed, but a few months ago I bought a DVD set of the six Star Trek movies with the original cast. I've seen them before and enjoyed them. I'd watched just a few episodes of the original series before watching them just to get a general idea of what they were like (this also came after seeing the 2009 movie). It'd probably be worth going back into the original series (I don't remember if Netflix still has it).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T