News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Photographers thread: Show us your stuff!!  (Read 57704 times)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2016, 05:24:06 AM »

You can if you want, but I guess that is a lot!  :-\

Last photo -- is that guy running, or does it just look that way?

He was running. I bet if I had managed to get into Central Park I would have seen some actual runners out there (fortunately, I always take Saturdays off myself). I also saw a few people on bicycles!

SK, that photo is gorgeous! You can almost feel the texture of the water and the sand. 8)

A beautiful sunrise over the pacific last week.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2016, 10:50:49 AM »

Yeah, the sand looks more dense than the beaches that I've been too. Nice shot.

He was running. I bet if I had managed to get into Central Park I would have seen some actual runners out there (fortunately, I always take Saturdays off myself).

::)  Why do I think you'll be running today? Maybe you should get some cross-country skis, or cleats. You just be careful.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »

::)  Why do I think you'll be running today? Maybe you should get some cross-country skis, or cleats. You just be careful.

The park was beautiful! The main drive was clear. It may have been a mistake to do the reservoir track, but there were plenty of others out on that bumpy lumpy compacted snow, too. Full sunshine most of the day. I did my usual Sunday jaunt, the six-mile main drive, plus instead of two reservoir laps, a single one and another 1 1/2 miles on the main drive, plus to and from home to total just about ten miles. And the only problem was crossing the streets to get into the park, and out again ... major swampy squishy wet slush, which is OK to navigate in serious boots but not running shoes.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2016, 07:10:28 PM »

Hardcore.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2016, 07:11:41 PM »

^ Sorry about the OT stuff!  :D

Back to topic ... I had "Flickr Mail" today to tell me that I had been invited to add three of my blizzard photos to the group "Snow in the City" ... the first of the four in my last post on the previous page, and these two others:

Blizzard, New York City, January 23, 2016 by K CoblentzNYC, on Flickr

Blizzard, New York City, January 23, 2016 by K CoblentzNYC, on Flickr

I'm not terribly active on Flickr, and I know nothing of Flickr groups, but of course I was pleased to have three of my photos selected. And of course I added them to the group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/pool/
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2016, 09:18:35 PM »

I'm not terribly active on Flickr, and I know nothing of Flickr groups, but of course I was pleased to have three of my photos selected. And of course I added them to the group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/pool/

That's very cool. I saw yours in the group. I thought it was all NYC, but then I saw this one, and knew it immediately.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/24474423362/in/[email protected]/

Anyway, congrats on being included in the group's album. :)
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2016, 08:05:09 AM »

Here's one of mine, from 2013, going 'round in Tumblr... which reminds me I haven't taken a photo in months  :o

Greenwich, London

"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." Carl Sandburg
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2016, 08:41:34 AM »

Wow, I love that, Xichado!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2016, 08:51:25 AM »

Beautiful! Are you in London now?
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2016, 08:54:43 AM »

Beautiful! Are you in London now?

Yes. I have been in London for awhile now. Finished my BSc Film & TV Production course last June and doing a few bits and bobs in tv (and also as a tv and film extra :) )

"I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." Carl Sandburg
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2016, 09:01:35 AM »

Here's another one, this one from October 2015.

My father's hands, he's slicing a chestnut (one from our crops in Portugal).

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2016, 09:41:52 AM »

Xichado, this is absolutely amazing. Have you ever done an exhibit?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »

Xichado, this is absolutely amazing.

Agreed! Love the bokeh in that second one. (I just learned that word.)
Xichado
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2016, 08:53:28 AM »

:) Thank you, guys.

Matt, I never thought about an exhibit, I always feel I am under-qualified... and I see amazing photographers with amazing photos and techniques WAY BETTER than mine. I am just trying to capture a (simple) moment and I don't have much of a technique or photographic know-how.

You can see more of my "moments" here, that is my only exhibit  ;)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2016, 10:12:42 AM »

:) Thank you, guys.

Matt, I never thought about an exhibit, I always feel I am under-qualified... and I see amazing photographers with amazing photos and techniques WAY BETTER than mine. I am just trying to capture a (simple) moment and I don't have much of a technique or photographic know-how.

You can see more of my "moments" here, that is my only exhibit  ;)

Your gallery is beautiful. Please continue to post the images here in this thread for all of our members to enjoy them. As for not doing an exhibit, if you ever felt like doing one, you should. You're as good as anyone else. You may not know the techniques, but that's like saying Jimi Hendrix wasn't a great musician because he couldn't read music. Sometimes, it's just natural. Do it if you have the interest -- you're good enough.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2016, 11:31:51 AM »

Another bridge in Nashville spanning the Cumberland River.

And Happy Birthday to American Beauty! There's a birthday thread for you elsewhere in the OT forum. Check it out!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »

NYC with the Metlife building, which was formally the Pan Am building featured at the end of Coogan's Bluff.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2016, 01:01:51 AM »

Sorry, but I think that's the wrong MetLife building! That one is on Sixth Avenue, across from Bryant Park. The one that used to be the Pan Am Building is a couple of blocks east of Bryant Park.

Did you take that shot from the Empire State Building? Here's another shot from that vantage point that I found on Flickr. On the left is the green building with the MetLife sign ... on the right the "real" MetLife Building.

New York (North facing view of the Bank of America Tower,Rockefeller Center,Citigroup Center,MetLife Building & Central Park,from the Empire State Building) by Netty 78, on Flickr

Here's a story on the "other" MetLife building:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-08-28/blackstone-said-to-plan-nyc-sale-for-more-than-2-billion

PS, I like SK's photo a lot better than the one from Flickr. Those colors are way too gaudy!
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2016, 03:00:54 AM »

Two Metlife buildings!!

What a shame. The only shot I have of the real one is half of the building on the right. :(

Taken from the top of the Empire State Building.  8)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:02:01 AM by The Schofield Kid » Logged

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2016, 07:54:11 AM »

There you go! The Pan Am Building (most New Yorkers still think of it as the Pan Am Building) is on the far right. 8)

A much better shot than Netty 78's!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T