News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Movie Discussion  (Read 10992 times)
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"I ain't like that anymore, kid."

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 05:27:19 AM »

^ So, did you like it? ???

Yes, it was a good and entertaining film.  Not as good as I thought it would be but my wife's uncle and I did enjoy it. 

"That don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was."
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 03:21:38 PM »

^ I suppose you took  the kids? Did they like it? It sounded like fun even for grownups.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 03:30:11 PM »

Brian, do you want to start a movie journal like some of the others here do? This thread is for discussing the movies that you've seen... what you like or don't like about them, and if you recommend them or not. If you just want to let everyone know what you're watching, or keep track of it yourself, consider this:

2016 Movie Journals

Not too many people doing this now, but we used to have a lot of participation. The few who are still doing it would probably like the company. 

And then just post the movies here that you actually want to discuss by starting a discussion about the film.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »

^ I suppose you took  the kids? Did they like it? It sounded like fun even for grownups.
I do not have kids, yet completely plan on seeing Zootopia! ;D
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 07:34:39 PM »

Sorry for not having commented on this initially.  Sometimes I find myself having to do something just as I'm posting and figure better to post something rather than nothing.

Yes, Diana and I took Nicholas and Nina to see this today.  We all enjoyed it.  I've enjoyed these types of films ever since the first Toy Story movie.  Like Big Hero 6, Frozen and many others, Zootopia is enjoyment for all ages.  I recommend it.

Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »

I do not have kids, yet completely plan on seeing Zootopia! ;D

I think you'll enjoy it, Christopher.

Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »

Brian, do you want to start a movie journal like some of the others here do? This thread is for discussing the movies that you've seen... what you like or don't like about them, and if you recommend them or not. If you just want to let everyone know what you're watching, or keep track of it yourself, consider this:

2016 Movie Journals

Not too many people doing this now, but we used to have a lot of participation. The few who are still doing it would probably like the company. 

And then just post the movies here that you actually want to discuss by starting a discussion about the film.

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt.  I will consider it.  Although, I'd hate to think in doing so, I wouldn't be able to continue posting elsewhere here, in such topics as movies watched this week, last western watched, last Eastwood movie watched and 2016 movie discussion lest I break the double posting rule.  I will definitely give it some thought. Thanks again.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 01:08:52 AM »

Posting in the Movie Journal doesn't mean you can't post about the movies you've seen in another appropriate thread. That's why it's a journal. You just record the titles there, in case anyone is interested in just what movies you've seen and exactly when, or as a record for yourself.

The other threads are for discussions, recommendations, and so forth. That's why people generally don't post just a film title or a picture there. On the other hand, if you'd rather do that than keep a formal journal, there's no reason why you shouldn't.
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 05:23:56 AM »

Posting in the Movie Journal doesn't mean you can't post about the movies you've seen in another appropriate thread. That's why it's a journal. You just record the titles there, in case anyone is interested in just what movies you've seen and exactly when, or as a record for yourself.

The other threads are for discussions, recommendations, and so forth. That's why people generally don't post just a film title or a picture there. On the other hand, if you'd rather do that than keep a formal journal, there's no reason why you shouldn't.

Thank you for the clarification.  Ok, my apologies, my misunderstanding.  Thanks again.   

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »

Zootopia is bound to be one of my favorite movies of this year. O0 I couldn't help but draw comparisons between it and the current political climate as well. Not that I'm discussing that here, of course, but the movie is well timed.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 09:39:22 PM »

Not that I'm discussing that here, of course

But if you wanted to... you'd know where to go. We need new voices over there.
Conan
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

JP

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2016, 12:17:02 PM »

But if you wanted to... you'd know where to go. We need new voices over there.

You should join that sub-forum Christopher.  The banter doesn't usually get that heated and while we may not talk about all the issues pertinent to you (stalking regulations, etc...), I think you would enjoy the discussions overall.

2016 Movies...I'm going to check out the new IP Man movie in a few days.  I loved the first one, really disliked the second one, and so I'm now curious to see how this pans out.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »

Argh, too much time spent on Facebook... I was looking for the like button!  This will have to do.   O0
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2016, 12:38:33 PM »

The worst heated banter is directed toward me for being unrealistic. C'mon Christopher, join us. I could use you over there.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2016, 12:40:42 PM »

Argh, too much time spent on Facebook... I was looking for the like button!  This will have to do.   O0
;D That is funny when you're like, oh, wait, we don't have that here! Darn Facebook! :D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 06:31:39 PM »

Zootopia is bound to be one of my favorite movies of this year. O0
10 Cloverfield Lane is another movie that will most likely be on that list as well. My reviews are never in-depth, but I actually wouldn't want to go into too much detail about this one.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »

Apparently, there is a remake of Ben Hur coming out later in the year. Morgan Freeman is the only actor that I recognize from the cast list on imdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2638144/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »

I've never seen the original Ben-Hur yet, so I think I'd want to watch it first before I checked out the new one.

I watched the Netflix original Pee-wee's Big Holiday today--and yes, that's the opening release day for that. :D  It has been many years since I've seen the original movies, and as a kid I used to watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse (I watched part of an episode of that a while back on Netflix and felt sorry for my parents ;D). I was pleased with the movie. It's just silly fun, and there were a few genuine laughs I got from it.

And I learned a while back that before Pee-Wee's Playhouse, there was a more adult oriented show featuring the character. For the most part this new movie is family friendly (getting a TV-PG rating), but you can see hints of that adult humor in there too.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2016, 01:13:54 PM »

I've never seen the original Ben-Hur yet, so I think I'd want to watch it first before I checked out the new one.

The 1925 or 1959 version? Easter is a perfect time to watch it.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T