News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Movie Discussion  (Read 10990 times)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 01:20:05 PM »

Oh, yeah, it's been done twice already. I'd forgotten. I haven't seen either.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »

Oh, yeah, it's been done twice already. I'd forgotten. I haven't seen either.

I'm sure you'll find it on some TV channel next weekend. 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 03:29:45 PM »

The actors and editing made this film quite enjoyable even times when I had no clue what they were talking about  ;D
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 08:02:12 PM »

I'm interested in hearing opinions about Batman Vs. Superman if anyone checks that out soon. As more trailers and TV spots were released, the less interesting the movie has looked to me. I may end up seeing it sometime, but I'm not sure when.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 08:33:51 PM »

If Brendan or BDC28 would come by, you'd probably get your answer. BDC said he was really looking forward to it (before it was released), and Brendan -- not so much.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2016, 08:39:54 PM »

The actors and editing made this film quite enjoyable even times when I had no clue what they were talking about  ;D

Quite a few of us have discussed this in the 2015 Movie Discussion thread, in case you wanted to read what we said about it over there.
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"I ain't like that anymore, kid."

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 07:11:23 AM »

I'm going to see this with friends & family Tuesday, March 29 on IMAX at Jordan's Furniture in Reading, Massachusetts.  I can't wait.  I've heard some negativity already but I’m not going to let that deter me.  Besides, the money is already spent, tickets are paid for so there’s no turning back now.  You always take a gamble when spending money to see a movie.  My guess is this film will be very good.  I hope I’m right. 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:34:16 AM by Jed (Brian) Cooper » Logged

"That don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »

If Brendan or BDC28 would come by, you'd probably get your answer. BDC said he was really looking forward to it (before it was released), and Brendan -- not so much.
Oh, yes, I do remember seeing those posts.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, Jed. It's been a film project that I've never really been on board with. The first trailer was interesting, but like I said in my last post, the more I've seen about it, the less I'm expecting from it.

I found it odd that they'd use the Man of Steel sequel to bring Batman into it (I've heard rumors of a Batman vs. Superman movie for years), but I also realize that they're wanting to do more with it and build it into an Avengers type of thing where they bring in a lot of DC characters.

Oh, off topic here, but last night I watched the Honest Trailers for the 1989 Batman and the 1978 Superman. Those are pretty funny, especially the Batman one (this one features a link that'll take you to the Superman one)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gkebn0-iG3k&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Gkebn0-iG3k&amp;feature=share</a>
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 12:21:48 PM »

I’ll be honest, when I first heard the title, “Batman Vs. Superman”, I chuckled.  I mean, really?  All Superman has to do is blink and Batman is dust.  A much more interesting challenge would be DC’s Captain Marvel (aka Shazam!).  After all, Superman is known as “The Man Of Steel”, whereas Captain Marvel is “The World’s Mightiest Mortal”.  Michael Keaton did a great job so I didn’t mind Ben Affleck stepping into the caped crusader costumer.  I’m sure he’ll be much better than Val Kilmer and George Clooney.  Those guys were horrible.  I’m too curious to see how this plays out.  Besides, after all, these guys are ultimately on the same side.  It’s not like good versus evil.  There seems to be a good conflict here, possibly a good story and entertaining film.   Well, time will tell.

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2016, 12:14:41 PM »

Just saw it.
Better than expected, too messianic though (the son of God dies,crosses around,then resurrects etc)

7/10

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »

Zootopia

Fun enough  :)
6/10

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »

If you enjoyed the first movie, you'll love this. Just as good as the original. Great entertainment.

4/5.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2016, 12:52:02 PM »

Was good if a bit too long,thanks to characters like Wonder Woman,Doomsday which were not needed in the film.Affleck was great as Batman and Cavill was better in this one than what he was in Man Of Steel.Some messy action,did not like Eisenberg`s Lex Luthor that much but as said I liked it.

This was really bad and yet I found myself laughing all the time  ;D
Brian (Jed) Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »

Awesome!

Ok, without revealing anything I'll say I am very pleased with this movie.  Overall very entertaining.  I was curious to see how this would play out and did not come away disappointed, not at all. 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:54:14 AM by Jed (Brian) Cooper » Logged

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2016, 07:38:23 PM »

I went ahead and checked out Batman V. Superman too, and enjoyed it. And it's nicely set up the Justice League stuff that's to come.

It's a 2017 movie, but I've seen the trailer now a few times for The Lego Batman Movie. That looks awesome. ;D
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2016, 11:23:22 PM »

I didn't enjoy the new Batman/Superman movie at all .. I found it turgid and messy .. It try's  to juggle too much story and I just found it confusing with too many flashbacks and dream sequences . It felt like a film pulling in too many directions...
Messy and too long and for the last third of the movie I felt as if I was watching a cartoon..
Luthor was probably the most irritating screen villain of all time..
More Jeremy Irons Alfred might have helped, his character seems to disappear for large chunks of the movie...

To be honest..... It bored the hell outta me..
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:51:30 PM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2016, 01:36:36 PM »

I found it turgid and messy .. It try's  to juggle too much story and I just found it confusing with too many flashbacks and dream sequences . It felt like a film pulling in too many directions...
Messy and too long and for the last third of the movie I felt as if I was watching a cartoon..
More Jeremy Irons Alfred might have helped, his character seems to disappear for large chunks of the movie...
I can't say I disagree with any of that. I overall enjoyed it, though it's far from a favorite. It did make me look forward to what's to come.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2016, 03:18:46 PM »

I didn't enjoy the new Batman/Superman movie at all .. I found it turgid and messy .. It try's  to juggle too much story and I just found it confusing with too many flashbacks and dream sequences . It felt like a film pulling in too many directions...

To be honest..... It bored the hell outta me..

I mostly agree with that, except I wasn't quite bored, maybe because I kept expecting it to add up to something. The problem is an hour after seeing it, my only impression of the movie was of it being dark, having lots of explosions, and of everything being big. Nothing stood out as memorable. And the characters were boring. And the closest any scene came to be on a smaller scale but maintaining intrigue is when Bruce is downloading the Lex Corp. computers and the woman steals it from him. That felt more in the spirit of Nolan's Batman movies, which let's face it is the standard now of what a superhero movie (particularly one with Batman) can be. I was looking forward to it being dark, but unlike Nolan's films, they don't exude any sense of coolness. The Dark Knight is very dark, but it's filled with cool and thus memorable moments, and you can't leave that out of a superhero movie.  And yeah, the ending is terrible.

And unlike Christopher, I have very little interest in what comes next, particularly if Zach Snyder is going to direct it. (Although I thought he did a good job with Watchmen, all things considered. He translates comic book fight scenes well to live action, I give him that.) Also it has too much bad CG in it. I'd rate the movie a passing score, but I also don't intend to watch it again, and that's not good.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2016, 07:17:11 PM »

Some of the sequences did remind me of Watchmen, but I hadn't realized it was the same director. I'd say I liked Watchmen better.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »

If you enjoyed the first movie, you'll love this. Just as good as the original. Great entertainment.

4/5.
I went to see this last night on a whim. I watched the trailer and it looked like it could be fun, and I agree it was. Also helps that the crowd was pretty appreciative of the movie too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T