News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastwood Movie Challenge  (Read 15755 times)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2016, 01:32:22 AM »

I'll be there as much as I can. I have my holiday coming up next week (Paris!) and two a week is indeed a challenge.

Movie Night is also a good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2016, 01:53:56 AM »

I actually thought this might be a good push for myself to buy the films that I don't have. I hope I can find them all.  :o

How's that for a challenge!  8) 

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2016, 03:03:46 AM »

You might look for some of them in Paris ... or do they still use a different video system? ???
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2016, 03:58:45 AM »

I've bought dvds from Paris before, and they're fine here except there are no finnish subtitles. In case my boyfriend wants to join me in this challenge and watch these with me, I have to make sure there are subtitles. He doesn't like to watch films without them.

Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2016, 07:30:09 AM »

Sounds fun O0 Ill do my best...only film that I don`t have (yet) is Paint your Wagon as Im not a huge fan of it for some reason  ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2016, 09:25:43 AM »

Hemlock, we're going to be doing Paint Your Wagon "live in real time" as a Movie Night when it comes around. We'll be putting that on the calendar. So you have time to find a copy. Believe me, it isn't my favorite movie of Clint's either, but we'll make it fun and do some kind of a drinking game version of it (even if you just want to drink along with Grape Nehi). It might be the best way to get through that movie -- watching it with friends. So go ahead and track it down. You still have time for it to be shipped. :)

This is our current roster. We're at 13 now! Who's going to break the unlucky #?

Matt
KC
The Schofield Kid
mgk
palooka
Rawhide7
higashimori
The Man With No Aim
Shannon (Smitty)
Christopher
Elizabeth77
-satu-
Hemlock
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2016, 09:34:28 AM »

Oh, and there's a few Eastwood prizes for anyone who does the COMPLETE challenge. Don't get your hopes up TOO much -- it's more a token of appreciation than anything extremely valuable!

Canadian Lady
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2016, 10:03:37 AM »

I'm in. Thanks Matt for the pm, it got me back to the board. It been a few years :)
Ill try my best to keep up with the movies,

Every Day is a Good Day!! -CL
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »

Can`t promise that I can watch Paint your Wagon "live real time" but I shall try to get a copy of it and also try to watch the rest of the films as well in given schedule  :)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2016, 10:12:57 AM »

I'm in. Thanks Matt for the pm, it got me back to the board. It been a few years :)
Ill try my best to keep up with the movies,

YES!  Great to see you back, CL.  This Challenge will not only be fun to get us back to the movies, and lots more to talk about, but it (hopefully) will keep us active on the board for the next nine months. And this community is just too good to lose. It's up to all of us who love it here to keep it alive. And what better way than to watch all of Clint's movies and talk about them together?

So we're up to 14 participants now.   O0

Anyone else?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »

So great to hear from Canadian Lady again! :)
B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2016, 07:10:28 AM »

YES!  Great to see you back, CL.  This Challenge will not only be fun to get us back to the movies, and lots more to talk about, but it (hopefully) will keep us active on the board for the next nine months. And this community is just too good to lose. It's up to all of us who love it here to keep it alive. And what better way than to watch all of Clint's movies and talk about them together?

So we're up to 14 participants now.   O0

Anyone else?

Sign me up.  I no longer own any Eastwood movies (another story) but will manage.  Great idea for a thread.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »

Fantastic. We're up to 15! When I started this thread, I thought I'd be happy if I had anyone at all join in... and now we've got a great number.

So, since I've gotten this far, I'm going to shoot for the clouds. Can we get to 20?

Anyone else?
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 12:50:11 AM »

I watched Ambush at Cimmaron tonight on the amazon prime streaming. Does that count as a challenge? And while it wasn't the lousiest western ever made, it was a very long hour and 13 minutes, and the ending is ... well, it ends.

"All Yankees are liars!"

I may watch GBU for your challenge, because I've been meaning to watch it, so it seems like as good enough time as any.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 01:53:26 AM »

I may watch GBU for your challenge, because I've been meaning to watch it, so it seems like as good enough time as any.

That would be cool. And then you'll be like "Maybe I'll watch Hang 'em High with you... I've been thinking it's been a while since I've watched it."  And then before you know it, you'll be joining us for the Paint Your Wagon drinking game movie night.

(One can hope.)
Richard
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »

I will be struggling along also.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 04:53:15 PM »

Great to have our awesome board administrator joining in too.

We're at 16 now:

Matt
KC
The Schofield Kid
mgk
palooka
Rawhide7
higashimori
The Man With No Aim
Shannon (Smitty)
Christopher
Elizabeth77
-satu-
Hemlock
Jed (Brian) Cooper
Richard
Canadian Lady
higashimori
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 08:53:31 PM »

The Challenge is now approaching!!  :)

Okay, now we just have to make sure enough people doing our Challenge own this movie.

Higgy, do you have it?

I had overlooked that!!  :-[  Yes I have that and looked not so long!!  Sorry Matt but I do not think to participate the movie night! 
Moreover it's forbidden for me to drink alcohol!  :(  because I am under treatment of medicines!!

" They just don't make then like this anymore ."      " I just don't meet then like him anymore !! "
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »

That's okay, Higgy. But, we wouldn't actually advocate drinking alcohol -- you can drink anything you like, root beer, grape soda, sparkling water. :)
bdc28
Classic Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »

Oh I'm so in..sorry for the late response. Is there a penalty fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing wearing my pajamas I have no idea..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T