News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can you purchase the Mr. Ed with Clint episode by itself?  (Read 1048 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:56:01 AM »

I saw on Amazon where you can purchase seasons or episodes. Not sure if that means you get the disc or if that means you buy the episode online?  But I would like to purchase the mr Ed episode with Clint and have it in DVD. Is that possible?  Just want that episode only without buying the entire season.
Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 06:25:52 AM »

I can't imagine you'd be able to buy a single episode of Mr. Ed. Just watch it on youtube.

Clint Eastwood Meets Mr. Ed

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:00:15 AM »

It's not a DVD, but you can buy the episode from Amazon for $1.99, and download it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EIJHY4/ref=atv_feed_catalog?tag=imdb-amazonvideo-20
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »

Thanks Doug and KC

Thats ashame because I would love to have it on a physical dvd disc.  But I guess watching it on you tube will do. 
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 09:52:52 PM »

My parents bought a collection of Mr. Ed episodes that has the Clint episode on it. I don't think you'd be able to buy a DVD of just the one episode.

THIS is the set they have, which I think was released before they started releasing the full seasons of the show.
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 01:08:40 AM »

Thanks Christopher. Yeah I would love to have a set like your parents have. I actually like the show. And I watched the reruns as a kid. But I wouldn't want the entire series. But one set with all the best episodes in it along with Clints part would be cool. I read that Clint only appeared on the show as a favor to the producer of mr Ed. That same producer directed Clint in Francis in the navy.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 10:14:17 AM »

I read that Clint only appeared on the show as a favor to the producer of mr Ed. That same producer directed Clint in Francis in the navy.

Yes, Arthur Lubin. He was also the director of 131 of the 145 Mister Ed episodes. We discussed it here:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=1495.0

This episode dates from 1962, during the period when Eastwood was fairly well-known as one of the stars of Rawhide, but two years before he made the first of the Leone pictures that would propel him to international fame. This was the first outside assignment that CBS permitted its Rawhide costar to accept.

Arthur Lubin, an early Eastwood mentor from his Universal days, devised and directed the series about a talking horse (the title character), while Sonia Chernus, an old friend of Eastwood's and his future story editor at Malpaso, cowrote the episode, in which Eastwood does, indeed, play a featured role as what Richard Schickel calls "a bachelor version of himself": an aspiring TV actor trying to make a name for himself, newly moved into the suburb where the series' characters reside, with his horse, which is "a larger and more glamorous creature" than the eponymous Mr. Ed, resulting in jealousy and allegedly comical complications.

See Richard Schickel, Clint Eastwood (1996), p. 124-125.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T