News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dirty Harry Badge, ID, license, replica Model 29, Lawman holster, etc.  (Read 1074 times)
eltee

View Profile Email
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:04:32 PM »

Hello, I just sold my initial DIRTY HARRY collection on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231804226838?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

The one I sold was the equivalent to an Artist's Proof or First Addition.

I have the components for more. Check out the detail of the badge, not be be confused with the mail order 40 buck one, and I had access to the source photo for the ID card. Having retired as a cop in SF after almost 30 years I had access to other stuff.

Just gauging interest, if any, in a screen matched badge and ID set plus some of the other goodies. Look at the ended eBay ad for details and photos. If there is interest, I may do a specially priced run for this forum. So, "Do You Feel Lucky?"
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 05:15:16 AM »

A nice set indeed, I did notice the listing while it was running.

Should you ever have access to anything actually used in the movie, I'd be very interested.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
eltee

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:40:55 AM »

I managed to get screen used rubber stunt gun, from 1 foot away it looks like a real Model 29. It is soft, spongelike in consistency and was used for stunts where he had to fight. I also got one speed loader. I was on the set of Dirty Harry when they filmed at Forest Hills Station and my friend was the SFPD liaison to the studios in the later Harry movies.

I can't figure out how to add a picture to my posts here. Sorry, I'm a bit of a luddite.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:21:41 PM »

Hi, eltee, and welcome to the Eastwood Web Board. Good luck with your sales. I wouldn't be buying any of those items personally, but I think a lot of fans might be interested. They seem like quality items.

To add pictures to your posts, you have to host them somewhere on the Internet first. There are several free sites. Many of us use imgur.com. Here are some tips:

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg222007#msg222007
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:27:23 AM »

Thanks Eltee - I look forward to seeing the pictures. Hopefully.

eltee

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:53:51 AM »

Thanks Eltee - I look forward to seeing the pictures. Hopefully.

If you go to the ebay link I posted you can see them there. In the meantime I will try to post here.
eltee

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »

The actual card is very sharp, clear, with solid printing, etc.

The screen used prop had an ID photo that was asymmetrically cut which looks weird but is not untypical for movie productions (I have been involved in movie props and a police tech adviser for over 20 years). In the real world, SF cop ID's back then used a die cutter to perfectly cut the ID photos out. Now our ID cards are all digitally done on hard plastic.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:33:51 PM by eltee » Logged
eltee

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »

The star is made by a US police badge manufacturer. Yep, made in the USA and not the 40 dollar mail order off-shore made special. I worked with a graphic artist to painstakingly recreate the original. This badge is full sized with a pin. It is made like a real police badge (although we know SFPD does not have a badge quite like Harry's). I have worn an SF badge for almost 30 years so I'm familiar with SFPD cards, badges, and gear.

This badge has hard fired enamel (like cloisonne) that fills the incused letters and numbers on the badge. I used my own issued SF badge case as the exemplar as it matches what can be seen of Harry's so I was able to source it.

eltee

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 12:26:31 PM »

Here's a photo of the complete set I recently sent to an uber collector in Japan. The resin Model 29 was cast off my own real one by a well known and skilled prop gun maker (Matsucorp). I have a VERY small inventory of real Lawman Leather Dirty Harry shoulder holsters as seen on screen. They are embossed by the maker as genuine. These were hard to get when the company was actively making them, VERY hard to find now.

I recreated an era correct driver's license for Harry using the actual address where they filmed him "at home" in a DH follow up movie. The license is printed on the matte finish synthetic but flexible material which matches the stuff the real ones were made of. The business card was made by the SFPD business card vendor and has the era correct address and phone number for SFPD Homicide. The switchblade is real but the Balorama sunglasses are a knockoff. I also included several era correct SFPD items such as a union membership card, some SFPD radio code / unit designator cards and sheets, an SFPD credit union pen (real cops go though pens all day long so the "free" credit union ones are popular although I can't say Harry ever used one), and the SFPD field / abridged manual (used real SFPD policies and instructions).

For the collector in Japan, the set included (not shown) a recreation of Scorpio's threat letters and some crime scene photos.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:31:27 PM by eltee » Logged
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 08:52:01 AM »

Great work. Amazing detail. Can you post a picture of the original model 29?

eltee

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 07:50:44 PM »

Great work. Amazing detail. Can you post a picture of the original model 29?

OK, here is my own Model 29. The brass key is an SFPD callbox key and also opens a door in the basement of SFPD headquarters to open/close a motorized gate.
eltee

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 08:05:52 PM »

Here is a screen used stunt pistol, made out of sponge rubber material. You can squeeze it, so some of the grip paint has been damaged from it being handled by Eastwood.  Part of my permanent collection. I received it with a .44 mag speedloader used in the first two films.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 09:07:23 PM »

Nice!!! 8)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T