News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly 50th Anniversary  (Read 1171 times)
B.C.
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:16:18 AM »

To me, the greatest western ever made.  Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef are perfect in their roles as Blondie, Tuco and Angel Eyes.  The opening is fantastic, with our introduction to the three primary characters.  This is great story telling as we see and learn how their paths intertwine throughout the film and what their fate is at the very end.  I canít recall which of the Leone trilogy I saw first.  The first two are superb, but I have to rank this one a little higher and it stands as my favorite Eastwood film.

My wife and I had the opportunity to see an extended version of this on the big screen a handful of years ago.  I was glad for the opportunity, but disappointed in the results.  It was too long and that sentiment has stayed with me after having viewed it at home.  Even though the additional scenes didnít add anything, for me, to the original version, I relished in the fact that I was able to experience seeing it in a theater. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:27:21 AM by Jed (Brian) Cooper » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:13:04 PM »

I would give up one of my dogs to see this in the theater (that's not saying much.... I get to pick which one).

Never have. :(

I'm saving my GBU comments for next week's movie challenge thread. I'll be watching it again for the first time in about 10 years.

This has been my favorite Clint Eastwood movie for most of my time here on the board.
Charlie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 12:14:54 PM »

I would give up one of my dogs to see this in the theater (that's not saying much.... I get to pick which one).

Never have. :(

I'm saving my GBU comments for next week's movie challenge thread. I'll be watching it again for the first time in about 10 years.

This has been my favorite Clint Eastwood movie for most of my time here on the board.

Anybody get the new 4K Remastered Bluray...  The colors are a bit different but after about 15 minutes you don't think about it.  Kinda like a Cuban cigar... ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 01:37:41 AM »

If anyone's looking for the conversation we had about the Italian restoration (Mondo version), I've split the topic as it veered into another direction from this original topic (plus, it will be easier to locate it if anyone is looking for information on this restoration).

The thread is here:  The Dollars trilogy, Mondo version

That being said... please continue on with discussion of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. :)
Tang Lung

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:07:15 PM »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T