News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you get timed out when writing a post  (Read 859 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 27, 2016, 02:41:49 AM »

Ever type a post or private message, and hit submit, and find that your session logged out? It's happened to me countless times. Fortunately, I learned that if the very first thing I do is hit the "back" button of my browser, it brings me back to the full typed post. I was pretty surprised (and thrilled) to find that to be true.

But, you won't be able to post it because you'll still be logged out.  So, keep that window open.  Open a second browser window, and login. Then go to the thread you want to post in, and copy/paste your post from your first window into it and click "submit", and you're good to go.

I use Firefox. It may not work on all browsers. But, give it a try before recomposing that long message.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 03:01:06 AM »

Isn't there an option of stay logged on when you log in? Instead of a time limit.

I never log out so I always click on the icon on my desktop and I'm straight to the main forum page.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 03:02:10 AM »

Yeah, there is. But I sometimes login and don't click that "always stay logged in" box. I try to remember to.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »

This has happened to me countless times as well. It's very aggravating, but I also discovered the same thing that you did. If you go back to the previous page, the post will be restored. The browser that I use is Safari, so this method appears to work on multiple browsers.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

Endeavor to persevere.

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 06:56:05 AM »

I've encountered this problem as well.  I've tried going 'back' but it hasn't worked.  Guess I'm not one of the lucky ones.  Sometimes I'll log in for long stretches of time, other times just an hour.  I just have to remember the times I log in briefly that if I want to post, how much time I have left or if unsure, just extend my login time so I don't get timed out again.  I'm glad I came across this post because I'm going to experiment to see if I'm doing something wrong.  Thanks.

I reckon so.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T