News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All the prostitutes in Eastwoodland  (Read 5991 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »

I will be doing an Eastwood Prostitute Survivor game. I don't quite believe Conan when he said:

I don't have a favorite prostitute in Eastwood-Land.  By the way, Eastwood-Land would make for an awesome theme park, with or without prostitutes.

And since this post already got me to thinking about Eastwood-Land the theme park, it's time to take on the other half of this thought. I'd say everyone has a favorite prostitute in Eastwood-Land, but if you don't know who she is, it's just because you haven't thought about it before. I admit that maybe, just maybe I think about it more than others. So, it's up to me to bring the rest of the board down to my level.

Before I can do an Eastwood Prostitute Survivor, I need a list of all the Prostitutes (and Madams). So, just add them here as you think of them. When I'm sure we have a complete listing, we'll start.

If anyone is offended by this, it's not much different from Co-Star Survivor, it's just that we're including any and all with the same profession. You can judge however you want - be it on depth of character, the difficulty of the role, the sexiness of the actress... whatever you'd like to rate. You don't even need to tell us what you're basing your votes on, but you sure can if you want to.

I think Man With No Aim will enjoy this game too.

By the way, this is NOT the Survivor game.  This is the building blocks for the game. Just so I don't forget any minor characters.  For instance, here's one I would have never thought of if I hadn't just seen the movie:

You can just name the movie and the Prostitute, and I'll pull the caps.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:18:02 PM »

Okay, so that one in my post above is the only prostitute in the Spaghetti Westerns (I'd never consider Marisol a prostitute, even though Indio  turned her into his own personal slave). And, I don't think we can include Silvana Bacci, whose scene was cut and lost, and the only proof she was even filmed was a lobby card:

So, that brings us to Hang 'em High.  I count two:  Madam Peaches Sophie (played by Ruth White), who seems to have some type of relationship with Judge Fenton:

And the spunky Jennifer (character name is shown only in the credits, played by Arlene Golonka), who enjoys her job, until it interferes with the fun of a six-man hanging.

EDIT:  As seen in posts below, I missed a prostitute from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, which I'm adding to this post so I can keep the list chronological.  It's Rada Rassimov as Maria (screencap courtesy of KC):

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 11:02:36 PM by Matt » Logged
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »

Okay, so that one in my post above is the only prostitute in the Spaghetti Westerns (I'd never consider Marisol a prostitute, even though Indio  turned her into his own personal slave). And, I don't think we can include Silvana Bacci, whose scene was cut and lost, and the only proof she was even filmed was a lobby card:

I think it's a still, not a lobby card, but that's a quibble. Have you forgotten Maria, the "fresh young whore in the territory" in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »

:-\  It still doesn't ring a bell, and I just watched it last week.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »

Geez Matt!

ANGEL EYES: Where is Carson?

HALF-SOLDIER: All I know is, Carson re-enlisted. The poor guy's minus an eye. He lives with a girl called Maria who'll tell you. She's a fresh young whore in the territory.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »

OH!!!  Well hot damn, I missed that connection. I just thought she was Bill Carson's woman. I knew she had a rough night, but there we go. I'll add her.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 11:18:32 PM »

I just watched Coogan's Bluff and I count three. I was really undecided on Linny Raven -- but decided that's probably why she was on probation. Plus, her apartment door has a sign which reads "No visitors after midnight except by appointment." And all this time, I thought she was just a free-love hippy.

So here they are. Weigh in if you disagree with me on Linny:

Linny Raven (portrayed by Tisha Sterling):

Millie (portrayed by Melodie Johnson):

And the wallet-snatching Big Red (portrayed by ex pinup girl Meg Myles):

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »

Wasn't there some mention that Millie has someone who's away at the time? I didn't really take her for a prostitute. I wouldn't take the wallet snatching woman at the motel as one either, but I can get why they'd be included here.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 05:24:38 PM »

I remember having this conversation with mgk years ago. She always thought Millie was a prostitute, but I always thought she was just one of Coogan's girlfriends. If she's a prostitute, I'm sure Coogan doesn't pay her, and he does know where she hides the house key.  mgk mentioned it again in her post, so I watched it carefully for a hint. Here's that conversation:

COOGAN:  He still in Phoenix?

MILLIE:  Mmhmm

COOGAN:  Expecting anyone else?

MILLIE:  Uh uh.

"Expecting anyone else" sounds a bit strange... she's in bed.  The other Sheriffs know her by name, and she isn't at all shy that she's barely dressed in front of them, she even teases one of them.

So, with all that going on, I figured she probably was. Does anyone else have opinions on Millie?

As for "Big Red", when Coogan shoves her away, she says "Cheap bum, who needs your lousy action."  So, I'm pretty sure that's a prostitute.

But Millie is a little less certain.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:26:44 PM by Matt » Logged
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »

Guess we should define a prostitute before adding Millie or maybe others.  Up to you, Matt, to decide the definition since it's your thread...and a good one at that.  :P

The Oxford Dictionary says:

Prostitute:  a person, typically a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment.

It doesn't say "money" so I guess you could have some other reward.  But, I normally think of a prostitute (when I actually think about a prostitute  :-\) as receiving money.  I guess that's why I called Millie "prostitute-like."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »

I don't think any of us were confused about the definition of a prostitute. Believe me, we knew that. But, I don't think she prostitutes for Coogan, I think she prostitutes for a living, and Coogan is a free one.

If she's a prostitute at all.
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 08:22:24 PM »

I have no idea what I said in our discussion years ago but this time I didn't think of her as a prostitue....just promiscuous.  Sounds like she has a husband or a significant other but welcomes others as well.  Have no idea if she's paid or not.  But, of course, no one would charge Eastwood.  :idiot2:  Would they?

Could go either way.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 08:31:44 PM »

I'll take her off the list then. She would have probably made it pretty far into the game if she was in. Does everyone agree with Linny Raven?
mgk
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 09:13:50 PM »

I don't know, Matt.  Maybe we should say, "When in doubt....include."  That way we would have more to choose from making it a little more fun.  Or, change the thread to:

All the promiscuous women in Eastwoodland

I say that because I have never thought of Linny Raven as a prostitute.  I've always thought of her as a flake who was caught up in the 1960's-1970's flower child, free love movement.  The sign on her front door sounds like she is herself suggesting she's a prostitute but inside her apartment she has flowers everywhere and "love" signs on the wall.  That's, of course, what they did in that era and I think the sign on her front door is just part of that.  And, she seems to be devoted to Jimmy.

But, I would rather see her included than left out.

Sorry if I'm making this harder for you.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 10:47:14 PM »

Why is she on parole? If it was for drugs, most everyone would be back in that era. That was my final reasoning behind her probably being one.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »

Alright, unless someone steps forward with more conclusive evidence, I'm going to leave Linny and Big Red in, and take Millie out. Linny not only was on parole, but violated her parole just by being caught in Pushie's Pool Hall, which was probably her little territory. Plus, one of the dancers/strippers from the Pigeon Toed Orange Peel knew who she was too. All signs point to prostitute -- she needs to pay for that cool pad of hers, and that awful poncho somehow.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 12:41:18 AM »

I have yet to watch Coogan's Bluff for the Challenge, but going by memory, I agree with mgk on both Millie and Linny. I've never thought of either one as prostitutes. But Matt makes some good points. I'll concentrate on this issue when I watch the movie.

Big Red, definitely a hooker.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 01:13:10 AM »

I freeze-framed Linny Raven's file that Coogan went through in Julie's Apartment. It doesn't say what she was arrested for, but there's a questionnaire and all the questions were about her relationships with men.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 03:08:23 AM »

There are no prostitutes in Where Eagles Dare.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 07:56:55 AM »

There are no prostitutes in Where Eagles Dare.

Except maybe Burton, who sold his talents to the enterprise for filthy lucre. ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T