News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All the prostitutes in Eastwoodland  (Read 8794 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2016, 10:02:05 PM »

I hate incorrect information on the internet. I wish someone would fix it.  :(

Anyway, glad we've got this fixed.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2016, 02:21:06 PM »

There are no prostitutes in Absolute Power.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil has one -- Billy Hanson (Jude Law):

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »

There are no prostitutes in True Crime, Space Cowboys, Blood Work, Mystic River or Million Dollar Baby.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2016, 04:30:31 PM »

Sunny In Magnum Force wasn't a prostitute but acted like one....I would had paid her.... Now when I think about it Carol McCoy had real possibilities......

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2016, 11:35:03 AM »

There are no prostitutes in Flags of our Fathers or Letters from Iwo Jima.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2016, 11:46:45 AM »

Carol Dexter (Amy Ryan) is a prostitute in Changeling.

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »

There are no prostitutes in Invictus.

As for Hereafter, the only character that may be a prostitute is Jason and Marcus's mother, Jackie. We only know she's a heroin addict. I think it's a leap to conclude she's a prostitute. I don't know if the screenplay is original or based on a book. If anyone has further information on her character, let me know. For now, we'll leave this one off the list.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »

There are no prostitutes in J. Edgar or Trouble with the Curve.

There is one in Jersey Boys, and even though she doesn't have a name, she does have a line of dialogue. It's the best moment in the movie (in my opinion), so I'm going to add her.  It's Alexis Krause as "Party Girl", and her one line "I'm your Christmas Present."

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2016, 01:05:27 PM »

There are no prostitutes in American Sniper or Sully.

And that would make this list... complete.  O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »

As for Hereafter, the only character that may be a prostitute is Jason and Marcus's mother, Jackie. We only know she's a heroin addict. I think it's a leap to conclude she's a prostitute. I don't know if the screenplay is original or based on a book. If anyone has further information on her character, let me know. For now, we'll leave this one off the list.

The screenplay is original ... by Peter Morgan, who had already written The Queen and Frost/Nixon. He wrote it on spec, and then this happened:

I wrote it and put it in a drawer, thinking "Maybe it shouldn't be all three [stories], it should just be one," or whatever. And then a couple of years later a friend of mine died, a really close friend-- completely unexpected, a skiing accident. When I went to his funeral, I was like, "This just makes no sense, I saw him three days ago, it's mad. Where has he gone?'" In that funeral I thought, "I'm going to dig up Hereafter again." I sent it to my agents and said "What do you think?" They sent it to Kathy Kennedy. I kept waiting for the phone call, "Let's do some work." And she sent it to Steven Spielberg and he sent it to Clint, and the next thing I know Clint wants to do it. And I think, "OK, great, let's get stuck in!" And that never happened. It's the weirdest experience I've ever had. I don't know. It sort of touches something different in everybody. I'm as much of a curious bystander on this whole experience as anybody else.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Interview-Hereafter-Writer-Peter-Morgan-His-Most-Emotional-Screenplay-Yet-21132.html

So no, there was no more backstory to Jackie. It never occurred to me that she was a prostitute, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T