News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: All the prostitutes in Eastwoodland  (Read 7453 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2016, 01:23:19 AM »

I think Howard Hughes is wrong! Look what I found in the hallway outside of McElroy's office, when Coogan first arrives in NYC:

Definitely Eve Brent... same face, definitely. And she IS a hooker, and she has a minor speaking part. So she's IN! :)

Now, why Big Red looks smaller, I don't know.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2016, 01:39:16 AM »

This is possibly the other hooker, Kathleen O'Malley is the only other woman in the cast we haven't figured out. Her part is just "woman".
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2016, 01:43:08 AM »

Well, I'm glad you figured it out ... I was rummaging through my script collection, but I haven't got Coogan's Bluff, and I don't think there was a novelization.

There's some funny dialogue in that scene from the assorted characters as Clint walks by. The Hooker gets to say "Soliciting what? Look officer, when a lady can't adjust her stockings, the world's in a ... Hey, Slim!" ... followed by this, from a pair of (apparently) hookers of the other gender: "Get her!" "Look at all that ... and two-inch heels! Do you work out?" Clint replies,"Do you?"
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2016, 01:48:03 AM »

Whew, Coogan's Bluff was a hard movie to figure out who the hookers were, and who the friendly ladies were. But, it looks like going forward, we have.... (drum roll)

Eve Brent as "Hooker" and...

Meg Myles as "Big Red".

Millie and Linny come off the list. I don't think either of these ladies will last long in Survivor.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2016, 02:33:45 AM »

What about the Third Avenue boys? ;)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »

Wow, they might just fit. I guess I'll add the guy with the line "Look at all that, and two inch heels".  Yeah, this guy might get voted off before Alice in Dirty Harry;D

Problem is, we need a name or at least an actor's name. Do you think he's "Good Eyes" (the name fits, right?)

That photo above is from a page on him, and it says he's one of the darker haired men in Pushie's. I wonder if that's wrong (it wouldn't be the first time).  http://hollywoodstuntmen.blogspot.com/2012/11/jerry-summers.html

He looks like "All that and two inch heels" guy to me.

And here's the picture that has Jerry Summers as the guy with glasses on the right. Now the character name "Good Eyes" takes on a sarcastic tone.

The Black and White photo of him looks more like the gay prostitute than the hood in Pushie's, but when I read more about Jerry Summers, he's described as "dark and handsome", so I think the "Good Eyes" character is the hood in Pushie's, which leaves us with no actor for "All that and two inch heels".  :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:32:17 AM by Matt » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2016, 10:42:46 AM »

I've researched every bit actor in Coogan's Bluff and I can't come up with who this guy is. I guess, sadly ( ;) ) we can't include him in Survivor.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2016, 01:54:56 AM »

Here's the prostitutes in Two Mules for Sister Sara:

Sara, played by Shirley MacLaine

And the rest of the cathouse:

None of whom have names, and only the Madam has a line. But I can't figure out who she is in the cast, if she's even listed.

So, I think we'll only count Sara for Two Mules for Sister Sara for Survivor.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2016, 10:01:07 AM »

In her case, isn't it said that she was stood up by someone, so that's why she's there alone at the hotel? So if she's a prostitute, the hotel worker must be in on it.
Going back to this post I made about the woman at the hotel in Coogan's Bluff, Don Siegel, in his book, does refer to the prostitute at the hotel.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:02:52 AM by Christopher » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2016, 08:56:04 PM »

There are no prostitutes in The Beguiled... unless you count McB (we won't.)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2016, 12:40:00 AM »

There are no prostitutes in Play Misty for Me.

There are some strippers in Dirty Harry, but none have names or lines, so we won't count them.

Then there's Alice. I have no idea if he's a pro, or just looking to take a dare for free.

Further, I'm not sure who plays him. The credits are so lazy on this film. Scorpio has a name, but he's listed as "Killer" only. Weird. And Alice has a name, but there's no Alice on the credits. There are a few "homosexuals" listed, and since Alice is a white man, I am guessing that he isn't Richard Lawson and IS David Gilliam.

Opinions on Alice?

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2016, 12:50:21 AM »

Now that I think about it... he was afraid he had propositioned a Vice, and he was asked when the last time he was busted was, so yeah, my first impression seems to be right. Alice seems to be a prostitute.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2016, 01:05:15 AM »

And that brings us to Joe Kidd and Elma, Harlan's roommate, played by Lynn Marta

The girl with the butterfly tattoo (actually, I don't know what that is, but it's flying).

She could be a mistress... it's not known. But she seems pretty free and loose with Joe. Thoughts on Elma? Pro or not?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 06:50:55 AM »

She's a kept woman, a pro of sorts, but not what most people think of as a "prostitute." In my opinion.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »

I agree with you. Elma is out. Alice stays in.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2016, 01:09:27 AM »

There are no prostitutes in High Plains Drifter or Breezy.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2016, 09:26:12 AM »

I'm actually kind of surprised High Plains Drifter doesn't have any prostitutes!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »

Prostitutes are too virtuous for Lago!  ;D
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2016, 09:36:25 AM »

I was really young when I first watched some of these movies. I think I became an Eastwood fan when I was only 9 years old. I remember wanting to watch "In the Line of Fire" in theaters and my parents not letting me go because they thought it would be too violent. I actually didn't realize that a lot of these women were prostitutes when I first saw these movies. I thought Eastwood's characters were just really popular with the ladies!  ;D
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2016, 09:41:42 AM »

Some people have considered Callie a prostitute, but to me she's more (as I once called her) the "town fancy woman." She becomes the mistress of whoever has the most power at a given time. Including the Stranger, though it seems that is only a tactical move in a plot to assassinate him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T