News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ORIGINAL "THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY" PRODUCTION USED CLAPPERBOARD!!!  (Read 637 times)
clapperboards

View Profile Email
« on: February 08, 2016, 03:55:05 PM »

Letting everyone here know that an authentic production used clapperboard from "The Bridges of Madison County" is up for auction on Ebay. I am the seller and here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111899923237?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Considering that Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep are both in this movie, this is already a highly collectible, one-of-a-kind piece. Please respond here with any inquiries!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:03:55 PM by clapperboards » Logged
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 03:57:11 PM »

Can I ask how you acquired this, and how our members would know it was authentic?
clapperboards

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »

Thank you for your question! I purchased this with a series of clapperboards from an estate. I have 8 of them, all with varying material, color, and notations (letters and tape). Please feel free to check out the other items I have listed under my seller name too. I currently have an original production used clapperboard from "Firefox" that is ending tomorrow!

While I see the legitimacy in authenticating autographs, I am not concerned at all about listing this without a COA. This board is made out of perspex with etched lettering and has residual tape left from production use. I am absolutely confident based on the estate I purchased them from that they are authentic.

Also, I don't believe reproduction etched perspex "The Bridges of Madison County" clapperboards exist in the market.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:03:15 PM by clapperboards » Logged
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 12:41:19 AM »

Clapperboards are easily faked and countless forgeries clutter eBay.

Unless you can show a matched one being used in behind the scenes footage or stills, then its origins and history is absolutely vital.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 04:54:54 PM »

As with everything on eBay, "Buyer Beware". Even COAs have become worthless. I've bought plenty of things from eBay, and I can only guess if autographs are authentic. The only ones I know for sure are ones I've secured myself.

Moderators here don't, and usually can't, confirm the authenticity of any items sold through the Collector's Corner, but we do allow the posts. Just vet the seller and the seller's items thoroughly yourselves if considering a bid.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T