News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sofia Coppola to Write and Direct Remake of The Beguiled  (Read 4176 times)
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »

I don't like remakes either especially of Clint movies. This one sounds interesting though. Pamela Ferdin really looked 12 in the original one, she was really this age back then? Don't like Nicole Kidman as Martha I hope she will dye her hair grey to make the character more beliavable.

I used to have the five stars
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2016, 07:26:17 PM »

Pamelyn Ferdin was born in February, 1959 ... she was just eleven (not twelve) when the original was filmed. Old enough for kisses. ;)

Nicole Kidman will turn 50 next year. She may not need to dye her hair gray.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 07:26:45 PM »

Poor Aline! Your signature makes me sad. You still have five stars in my book!
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »

Pamelyn Ferdin was born in February, 1959 ... she was just eleven (not twelve) when the original was filmed. Old enough for kisses. ;)

That's what I am saying. The cast of the original was amazing and that's what made the movie so shocking and beliavable. The way I see the new cast will be a bunch of gorgeous blond actresses McB will have no trouble to resist. Geraldine Page was perfect as Martha, beautiful yes, but her wrinkles and grey hair were there like to reminds us she is the director of the school and she is on a superior level among the other girls. When I saw the movie for the first time, it took me totally by surprise McBurney was trying to seduce her too. In a 2017 remake things can be so different :( If Nicole will be blond, it will take a lot of the impact of the movie.

Poor Aline! Your signature makes me sad. You still have five stars in my book!

That is sweet, KC :-[

Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »

Some years ago I emailed Pamelyn Ferdin on her website and she wrote me back and expounded on working on The Beguiled. She actually asked if I wanted a signed  autograph, which I declined. I really would had preferred Jo Ann Harris. but BTW, as far as who I would cast in the Eastwood role in a Tarantula remake I'd get Clint again.
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »

I can imagine Kidman playing the role she has here, and I think she might fit in the film quite well actually.

Now that I think of Coppola's style, I understand why she chose this film. I actually believe she might do a decent job here. We'll see..

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 02:24:15 PM »

That movie will be nothing. You can't replace Siegel, Eastwood, Elizabeth Hartman and mostly Geraldine Page and the secret weapon in that movie Mae Mercer....
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 09:03:34 AM »

The IMDb cast list has been updated.

We now have our Amy -- Angourie Rice. Her age isn't listed on her information page, but she looks older than 12.

They've now attached Colin Farrell to McB's role. I agree with KC -- they probably should have gone with someone younger.

Kirsten Dunst is Edwina (I think this is great casting)

Elle Fanning is Carol.

We still don't have a Hallie.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2016, 09:08:02 AM »

We now have our Amy -- Angourie Rice. Her age isn't listed on her information page, but she looks older than 12.

Old enough for wearing a bra.

She's 15, according to Google.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 09:09:45 AM »

On the other hand, Addison Riecke is only 12, so maybe she'll take on part of the Amy role. I don't recall a "Marie" in the original.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »

I posted that photo of her with the pigtails, because she kinda looks the part of Amy -- just a little older.
proxis

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2016, 11:47:25 AM »

I actually really like this movie, it's not one of my favorite Clint Eastwoods but it's actually pretty freaky. Could definitely see it doing well at box office with a remake
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2016, 10:20:50 PM »

Great movie...Another dopey remake by lazy film makers today who cant get an original idea.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »

Saw the Trailer on the internet for The Beguiled today......Another bomb........
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2017, 06:38:51 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ROZkSRJ_cfo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ROZkSRJ_cfo</a>

I didn't know a trailer was available for it! (I haven't had a chance to watch it with sound yet, so I'm looking forward to doing that later)

Maybe the novel will be reprinted for this. I'd really like to read it.
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2017, 08:33:28 AM »

Painful. They should have left the original alone.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2017, 10:31:52 AM »

Looks like a straight rip-off.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2017, 10:57:58 AM »

That's not a trailer of a movie I'd want to see, and I mean if I'd never heard of the original. Not sure this is going to do well. Star power alone will need to carry it to the box office.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »

This is supposed to be an adaptation of the source novel and not a remake of The earlier film, so this version may or may not have differences because of that. I agree that this doesnt look appealing. The one thing I notice immediately is that Colin Farrell doesnt have Eastwood's charm and charisma.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2017, 02:10:25 PM »

I don't know what I'd think of it if I wasn't familiar with the original. It doesn't describe anything about the setting or who McB is. Visually it looks striking, but I wouldn't have a clue what it was about (on the other hand, you wouldn't want to tell everything in the trailer, of course). This movie seems to have a similar tone/feel of the original movie.

Of course the trailer for the original movie certainly wasn't a good representation of that movie. :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T