News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movie Story Selection  (Read 513 times)
mikerhy

View Profile Email
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »

Does anyone know how Clint and Malpaso pick the stories and/or books they want to movies about? I'm mikerhy, a Clint fan since I saw "A Fistful of Dollars" back in 1966 or 67.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »

It varies from film to film. The key is usually whether Clint thinks the story or screenplay would make a movie he would want to see. You can read the background of a lot of the films (up to 1996, anyway) in Richard Schickel's biography, Clint Eastwood.

Is there any film in particular you're curious about?

Oh, and welcome to the Board, mikerhy! 8)
mikerhy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »

Thanks, KC. I guess what I should have asked was, how does Clint learn enough about various stories to decide which ones he wants to make movies of? Does he read books or screenplays himself on a regular basis, or does he have a staff of people who review books and screenplays for him and then recommend the ones they think he'll like?

In either case, how does an author get Clint or a reviewer to look at their book? I ask this because I'm an author, who (like a million other authors) believes Clint would be very excited and enthused about making a movie of my novel, "Dangerous Dreams: A Story of the Lost Colony of Roanoke." It's an action-packed, suspenseful,  nail-biter about the greatest mystery in American history; and there's no one who could do a better job than Clint of making a movie of it. Yes, I'm unabashedly ambitious, but you have to start somewhere; and we old fighter pilots aren't easily intimidated. Thanks, mikerhy
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 05:51:26 PM »

That's a great topic for a book! I wish you all the best with it. But I'm afraid I can't give you a better answer to your question. I suppose you (or your agent) could direct a copy to the fanmail address we have on this site, but there are absolutely no guarantees that Clint would even see it, let alone read it.
mikerhy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 02:46:17 PM »

Understand. Will do as you suggest. Thanks. mikerhy.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 05:18:46 PM »

Good luck!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T