News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CEWB Movie Club - Who wants in?  (Read 5028 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »

The Ox-Bow Incident (1943) and Hang 'em High (1968)

I second that motion! 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 12:25:52 PM »

Looks like I'll be going a little longer before seeing Shane, but I can finally cross Ox-Bow Incident off my list soon. Thanks, SK.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »

Looks like I'll be going a little longer before seeing Shane, but I can finally cross Ox-Bow Incident off my list soon. Thanks, SK.

You're welcome. :)

You won't be disappointed, I rank The Ox - Bow Incident the second best western ever!!

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

I don't know if Satu can use this information, but for those of us in the U.S., at least ... both Shane and The Ox-Bow Incident can be rented to stream from Amazon for about four bucks.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2016, 11:03:39 PM »

You won't be disappointed, I rank The Ox - Bow Incident the second best western ever!!

And it's one of Clint's favorites. :)
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »

Thanks KC, I'll check that out. There's also the UK Amazon so I can try that too.  :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2016, 08:25:28 PM »

Hemlock and AKA -- last chance, or we either drop your choices or nominate them for you!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2016, 05:16:50 PM »

I did say that I was on the fence about participating in this, so I'm not sure why I'm definitively added to the schedule. However, I have been doing some thinking. I have a suggestion, but I don't know how easy it would be to get the original Hong Kong film, so I'm not sure if this is a good choice.

Internal Affairs and The Departed (original Hong Kong film v. Martin Scorsese's version)

How easy or difficult do you think it would be to get the original movie? I don't want to choose a film that would not be widely accessible.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2016, 06:06:53 PM »

I did say that I was on the fence about participating in this, so I'm not sure why I'm definitively added to the schedule.

Because you've been a Member Extraordinaire since 2000, so of course you are.

I have a suggestion, but I don't know how easy it would be to get the original Hong Kong film, so I'm not sure if this is a good choice.

Internal Affairs and The Departed (original Hong Kong film v. Martin Scorsese's version)

How easy or difficult do you think it would be to get the original movie? I don't want to choose a film that would not be widely accessible.

I own Infernal Affairs (2002) and it's available for rent on Amazon, so I don't think it would be hard for anyone to watch it who wanted to participate. It's a great movie!

I'll put it on the schedule. It looks like we've got plenty of movies for our first theme, so I'll skip one for Hemlock's turn this time around, and post the schedule later tonight or tomorrow. :)

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2016, 01:44:42 AM »

The first theme's schedule has been posted HERE.  If you're wondering why I did the order the way I did, I tried to spread out and mix up the themes with westerns and foreign films to keep as much variety as possible as we work through the theme. I'm also going to be away for a few weeks, and I know I won't be watching movies, but I will be commenting, so I put the movies I know well on those weeks so I can still participate when I can't watch.

Start looking into how you want to get the movies (from a library, rental service (Netflix or Amazon), buy the DVD(s) or in some cases if you can't find them any other way, YouTube or via other download service).

I hope everyone that has shown interest here will participate and that this is enjoyable for everyone.

If you didn't sign up or recommend movies, you're still good to jump in and watch and comment on them with us at any time.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2016, 06:45:04 AM »

That's a nice schedule. I've seen 14 of those movies, and there's some that do sound good that I haven't seen before (starting with the Scarface movies actually--okay, I watched part of the Pacino one once...).
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »

That's a nice schedule. I've seen 14 of those movies, and there's some that do sound good that I haven't seen before (starting with the Scarface movies actually--okay, I watched part of the Pacino one once...).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WAlTJ8gPJ3M" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WAlTJ8gPJ3M</a>

The world is yours!
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »

I won't take part maybe in the comments. I haven't seen more than half of those movies and honestly haven't interest.  Clint challenge that I have all the movies I couldn't do because or I watch a movie for pleasure or not. Under pressure don't work for me. Forgive me guys :(

I used to have the five stars
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »

That's fine, Aline. If you want to join in, do. There's no pressure to ever do anything here. It's just for fun. :)
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »

I'm going to go ahead and order in Scarface from my work library system since it'll take a few days for it to come in (especially with the Thanksgiving break being upon us). Very cool seeing Boris Karloff's name listed amongst the cast of this!
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2017, 10:16:20 PM »

I just pushed back our schedule a couple of weeks, because it looked like all of us got backed up and were still on the Seven Samurai vs. The Magnificent Seven (1960) week. This is also the week we were thinking of adding the brand new Magnificent Seven, if anyone wanted to watch that and add that into the discussion. So, we now have a little more time (a week from today) until our next movies, The Manchurian Candidate (1962 and 2004) start.

The revised schedule is HERE.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »

I pushed back the schedule a few more weeks, so we're still on The Manchurian Candidate films.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »

I'm more than halfway through The Magnificent Seven. :)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »

Anyone still doing this?

With all my DVDs pack away for renovations and just finding time to watch movies at the moment has become almost impossible. :(

Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

I think we all fell off. The theme didn't resonate with most, and those who offered suggestions stopped posting here entirely, so all the enthusiasm fell off. Maybe we can start it up again in the future, just need at least 5 or so people who want to do it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T