News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: movie ideas  (Read 610 times)
badburnin

View Profile Email
« on: November 09, 2016, 10:00:23 AM »

I would very much like to see Clint Eastwood direct a remake of the Audie Murphy story "to hell and back". this movie was made back when the industry forced them to sanitize the story. Audie's story is epic and would not need any fluff or embellishment. I think Clint did a great job with "American sniper" and would seriously make "to hell & back" the movie it should have been.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »

I've never seen To Hell and Back but do know a little bit about Audie Murphy. I agree that a modern retelling would be a good idea, and Clint would be great for it!
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »

Speculation was Audie Murphy had not been killed in a automobile accident he seriously would have had the role of Scorpio in Dirty Harry. I find that hard to believe  but I've read it...
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 09:24:18 AM »

Speculation was Audie Murphy had not been killed in a automobile accident he seriously would have had the role of Scorpio in Dirty Harry. I find that hard to believe  but I've read it...

Murphy was killed on May 28, 1971, more than a month after principal photography for Dirty Harry began. It's possible he was considered for the role, especially around the time when Frank Sinatra was cast as Harry Callahan, but it definitely wasn't his death that prevented him from getting it.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »

I still say Eastwood should go get in touch with Michael Cimino's people and try to find the script he wrote for the Mans Fate movie he wanted to do or anything that man left behind. Cimino was brilliant. I always wanted Eastwood and him to hook up again. Damn shame.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T