News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Movie Discussion  (Read 7525 times)
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 06:35:50 PM »

I saw this last week and while I wasn't blown away by it, it was OK. Good date night movie.

3/5.

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 06:57:45 PM »

Power Rangers is the one I'm most surprised to see on my own list. I never watched the original series. In fact, several months ago I watched the very first episode of the series on Netflix, and that's the only episode I've seen. So I don't come to this as a fanboy in any way. It looks interesting.
I saw Power Rangers tonight and I enjoyed it a lot! There's a lot of action and humor, and the villain is kinda scary.

Beauty and the Beast will probably be my next theater trip.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »

The Boss Baby

Hilarious  O0

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2017, 11:51:38 PM »

GET OUT

Starring Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams,  Written and directed by first timerJordan Peele.

Ive been looking forward to this since I first heard about it..and it didint dissapoint..

A young black man heads off with his white preppy girlfriend to spend the weekend with her parents, meeting them for the first time..what could possibly go wrong..

More social thriller and satire than horror movie, tho definitely has horror elements. Dealing with racism amongst the liberal elite. As the story gradually unfolds it's kind of an update of  "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and then heads off more into " Rosmary's Baby" territory.. At times quite funny and at others nasty. A very thought provoking film and hugely enjoyable.. with great performances too

My film of the year so far..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 09:49:25 PM »

Aftermath

Depressing but, with solid acting though.
Arnie acts...

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 09:59:01 PM »

My wife forced me to watch this one....The Citizen Kane of trash  ;D

Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 05:03:50 AM »

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was great! These movies have been some of my favorites out of all the Marvel films. It'll be one of my favorite 2017 movies.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:05:08 AM by Christopher » Logged
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Not bad but,liked the first one better

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 08:08:59 AM »

The Mummy

Ridiculous  >:(

antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »

Logan

This is a good one.Nothing to do with super hero movies.

Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 12:19:42 AM »

I've seen Get Out and Logan and was impressed with both. The plot to Logan isn't all that original (there's a similar plot idea to Midnight Special) but it strikes me in some ways as a revisionist superhero movie and I really liked it even though I haven't really follow the X-Men movies. And Get Out clearly takes its cue from The Stepford Wives combined with another non-horror film I don't want to say for fear of giving away the plot.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »

Live by Night

I liked this one. Despite the fact of Affleck's egocentric approach it is a good film. Didn't deserve being the flop it was.

Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 04:32:16 PM »

"War For The Planet Of The Apes' (2017)
-Andy Serkis
Plot: IMDBCaesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.

Phantom's Review: I find it amusing that almost all the studios are running around trying to remake, reboot, re-imagine, and redo all the old franchises, and for the most part getting it wrong, but for the last few years 20th Century Fox has been showing them how to redo an old franchise and get it right. 'War For The Planet Of The Apes' the concluding chapter in the currant Apes series is a marvelous film.  Excellent special FX,  terrific acting and some great action set pieces . I loved this movie. I have been a fan of the franchise since the original days and after a disastrous misstep with the Tim Burton remake , the got back on track with the currant series and this is a great way to end this chapter. The ending is kind of bittersweet but it works. A highly enjoyable movie. (BTW there is NO post credit sequence, so you don't have to stick around).

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2017, 06:13:39 AM »

War for the Planet of the Apes was wonderful. O0  I've been a fan of the original Planet of the Apes movies for many years, but I might actually like these new movies better.
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »

All good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2017, 02:15:40 PM »

I Called Him Morgan

Documentary about legendary Jazz trumpeter Lee Morgan charting his rise and tragic fall and including a never before heard interview with his wife Helen who shot him dead in a NY Jazz club in 1972..

I really enjoyed this unorthodox doc that focus's nearly as much time on Helen's life and struggles  as Lee's..

Ive always loved his music.. The Sidewindwer is a classic track that helped get me hooked on jazz.. way back

A powerful and moving film about a true artist.. now who was it that said there are no second acts in American lives.. ?

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »

I dont really go in for all these super hero type movies... but I do hear that Wonder Woman is good..

Doug
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

"May I make a suggestion..."

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »

Get Me Roger Stone. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in politics. I think this guy is the biggest piece of crap, who's done incalculable harm to the political process, but your opinion may differ. It's not a hatchet job, and Roger Stone called the film a "masterpiece." But of course it is . . . it's all about him.

"Yes, well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of a park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy."  Frank Drebin, Police Squad.
Phantomstranger
Member Extraordinaire

I Have A Horse, And The West Is Wide.

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »

"The Dark Tower"
-Idris Elba

Plot: IMDB
Roland Deschain (Idris Elba), the last Gunslinger, is locked in an eternal battle with Walter O'Dim (Matthew McConaughey), also known as the Man in Black. The Gunslinger must prevent the Man in Black from toppling the Dark Tower, the key that holds the universe together. With the fate of worlds at stake, two men collide in the ultimate battle between good and evil.

Phantom's Review:
If your a Stephen King fan, a "Purist" of his work, then I highly recommend that you skip this film, save yourself the headache. If you have never read the books or your the type of fan who just accepts the fact that Hollywood will rarely ever do King right, then maybe you'll get some enjoyment out of this short (95 minutes) , somewhat standard  Hollywood film.  For me, the film was a disappointment. I enjoyed 'The Dark Tower' novels and was looking forward to seeing them on the big screen, but this is definitely not was I was hoping for. The filmmakers took bits and pieces from a massive 8 volume series, threw most of the books away and put together this hodge podge sci-fi western. Idris Elba does his best  as 'Roland, The Last Gunslinger' but he doesn't have a whole lot to work with. Mathew McConaughey fares slightly better as the villain 'Walter, The Man In Black' , but again there is just not a whole lot to work from. Overall, a huge disappointment.

They'd never forget, the day the stranger rode into town.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2017, 05:18:24 PM »

I haven't read any of The Dark Tower series, and haven't planned on going to see the movie anyhow, but it's surprising to hear they'd take aspects from the whole series and put it in only one movie! I figured they were aiming to make a few movies at least.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T