News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 Movie Discussion  (Read 6489 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2018, 12:14:20 PM »

The Snowman

Don't get it why this one was so badly received.I liked it...

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2018, 07:42:23 PM »

^ The book was over-the-top, but thrilling, maybe the best of the Harry Hole series. I didn't see the movie ... as I recall, reviews made it clear that it departed quite drastically from the book. Besides, it was shot in English with a mostly Hollywood cast. Why bother to film in Norway if you're not going to cast Norwegians?
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2018, 07:57:54 AM »

The Snowman

Cant get out of the house today as England is snow bound  so I thought I'd give this a go..

Despite never having read any of the books I guessed the killer almost immeadiately.
That said, I still enjoyed it.. Fassbender is a great screen precense and one of those actors I think I could watch in almost anything..
I agree with KC that it semmed a little odd populating a film set in Norway and directed and acted in the style we've become acustomed to with these type of thrillers.. with American and British actors.. but I liked the film and thought it was amazing to look at too..

One thing... Did anyone bother to tell Val Kilmer he was actually  appearing in a movie..?? He seems to be totally unaware of the fact..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2018, 10:32:27 AM »

Logan

Ive only ever seen the first X Men film but it didnt matter..thoroughly enjoyed this..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »

Boring.   Not as painful as sitting through Star Trek: The Motion Picture, but close. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:04:06 AM by Jed Cooper » Logged

You think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2018, 10:02:35 PM »

The Shape of Water is bizarre in some ways but I liked it a lot. It was more humorous than I thought it would be.

Didn't like it at all.Del Toro's Pan's labyrinth is a masterpiece but,this one is a boring attempt to mix nostalgia , drama and political views through the conventions of a love story.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T