News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wishing I had gotten to meet Clint.  (Read 262 times)
AprilCollins

View Profile Email
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:36:47 AM »

I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet Clint.  I've loved him ever since I was a little girl.  My dad would be his age if he were still alive.  My dad was the one who would sneak out and go to the movie theatre to watch Westerns.  I would follow him and sometimes he paid my way in and other times he ran me off to go back home.  But that's how I first got to experience Clint Eastwood and he has always been my favorite.  I had heard a rumor he came to Kentucky recently and his car broke down and someone stopped to help him and he was impressed.  Of course I don't know if that's true but it's nice to hear.  So close, yet so far.  I wish it had been me who had stopped to help him.  I'll just keep daydreaming.  I hope he's doing well so every day that I don't hear otherwise in the news is always a good thing.  I love his movies and would like to get the whole collection one day.  I saw a box set at Wal-Mart last Christmas but it was a little too much for me at the time since I was Christmas shopping for others.  I'll eventually get the set and it will be a treasure.   :smitten:
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:51:56 PM »

Hi April,

It's always nice to have a new long-time Clint fan on the board. I don't know why Clint would be driving around Kentucky, but I'm sure if he did break down on the road there, it wouldn't be long before someone would help him out. I'm one state south of you, and have traveled through your bluegrass state quite a few times now.

Check out the rest of the board, and maybe you'll find some interesting topics you'd like to post in.

Welcome to the Board. :)

Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 05:02:31 PM »

Yeah I now own all of clints movies he's starred in as an actor. It was a lot of fun getting them here and there. I've got each one on standalone DVD. I know it takes up more space like that. But I enjoy having the front cover artwork of each one of his movies. Plus it's more fun getting them slowly as you go. I got some for Christmas birthday and a few from friends just being nice. And I would buy like 3 to 4 each month. Lots of fun getting them like that.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T