News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood Sets ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ As Next Warner Bros Film  (Read 4294 times)
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:23:12 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Clint Eastwood has firmed the next film he will direct. He’ll helm a drama based on the book The 15:17 To Paris: The True Story Of A Terrorist, A Train, And Three American Heroes. The book was written by Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos, Spencer Stone and Jeffrey E. Stern; the life rights of the heroes Sadler, Skarlatos and Stone are part of the package. Newcomer scribe Dorothy Blyskal wrote the script, and Eastwood will begin casting right away to start production later this year. Eastwood will produce with Tim Moore, Kristina Rivera and Jessica Meier
This keeps Eastwood on the track of building crowd-pleasing movies out of true stories about ordinary men in extraordinary situations. That included Sully, the hit film about Chesley Sullenberger (Tom Hanks), the heroic airline pilot who landed US Airways flight 1549 in the Hudson River after the engines were damages by birds right after takeoff. Before that, Eastwood directed the blockbuster American Sniper, about Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle (Bradley Cooper) and the toll his precise shooting in Iraq took on himself and his family.

Here, Eastwood makes room for a trio of heroes in Sadler, Skarlatos and Stone. In August 2015, an ISIS terrorist boarded train #9364 from Brussels to Paris. Armed with an AK-47 and enough ammo to kill more than 500 people, the terrorist might have succeeded except for three American friends who refused to give in to fear. Stone was a martial arts enthusiast and airman first class in the U.S. Air Force, Skarlatos was a member of the Oregon National Guard, and all three pals proved fearless as they charged and ultimately overpowered the gunman after he emerged from a bathroom armed and ready to kill. They most certainly averted a mass tragedy.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/clint-eastwood-the-1517-to-paris-anthony-sadler-alek-skarlatos-spencer-stone-terrorism-warner-bros-1202073016/

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »

Very happy to hear that Clint didn't retire. I'll take anything he does acting or directing.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »

One comment only ?
Where is everybody?
This is an Eastwood forum and some great news just appeard.
Suppose the weather thread is more interesting  :-\

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 12:56:01 AM »

Great news indeed....topical, relevant  and torn from today's headlines.....can't  wait. :)
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 07:11:13 AM »

Somehow, I didn't check in here last night, sorry!

Yes, this is good news, though some of us will have the usual complaints about yet another film in the "based on a true story" line.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »

I saw the story posted last night on facebook but it was a bit too late to stop by the board to see if anyone had posted it already.

Sounds very interesting! I'm guessing we might see this released next year perhaps.
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 07:57:12 AM »

Yay!!! I knew he had something new for us! Great news! O0

I used to have the five stars
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »

Great to hear he's got more for us. That was a long wait.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »

I'm not that familiar with the people involved in the incident.Meaning that I know the story but,nothing more. That's why I haven't got any cast suggestions / preferences. A little help pls ?

Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »

Great news!

Unfortunately, real life frequently intervenes to prevent a more timely response.
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »

It is definitely good news that Eastwood will be getting back to work directing a new film soon, though I never bought into the idea that he may have retired, so I am not surprised. "Sully" turned out to be a much better movie than I anticipated it would be when it was first announced, so I have learned my lesson and will be keeping an open mind about this project. I am a bit disappointed that Eastwood is directing yet another true-life story. He's practically created a cottage industry directing true life stories at this point, and more recently, has decided to depict stories of American heroism, so I'd love for someone to ask him why he is making the decision to do both so consistently at this point in his career.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:48:25 PM by AKA23 » Logged
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »

This is a good story. In all fairness I think the reason Eastwood has been doing these type of 'true story'movies is basically there isnt anyone writing anything original that's quality these days.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 10:03:47 PM »

I'm not that familiar with the people involved in the incident.Meaning that I know the story but,nothing more. That's why I haven't got any cast suggestions / preferences. A little help pls ?

Found it

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Clint+Eastwood/Spike+TV+Guys+Choice+2016+Show/yRAgD9q6kuD

Ryan Phillippe,Chris Rock ... :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:22:27 AM by antonis » Logged

The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »

Geez, you go away for a long weekend and BAM, out comes the news of a new Eastwood film.

As usual, looking forward to it immensely!! 8)

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
-satu-
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »

He certainly seems to keep directing about these true life heroes. I'm happy we finally have news.  :)

Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 11:07:10 PM »

Anyone else keep reading the thread title as "The 3:10 to Yuma"  ... come to think of it, it's pretty close, since 15:17 is 3:10 on the twelve hour clock! :D
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 11:21:02 PM »

Anyone else keep reading the thread title as "The 3:10 to Yuma"  ... come to think of it, it's pretty close, since 15:17 is 3:10 on the twelve hour clock! :D
Yes, I've been reading this thread as "3:17 PM to Yuma".   ;)

I have my watch set to military time.
The Schofield Kid
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

All on account of pulling a trigger.

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 11:41:25 PM »

We need to come up with a new title. My pick is:

Terror Train

"Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't."
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 08:05:21 AM »

Terror Train sounds better -- might get better box office too.  I'd vote for that. But, it doesn't sound like a Clint title at all.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 08:29:55 AM »

Terror Train was a good 1980 slasher movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081617/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T