News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Eastwood Sets ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ As Next Warner Bros Film  (Read 2284 times)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 08:36:49 AM »

Terror Train was a good 1980 slasher movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081617/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The title goes give off the slasher (and 1980's) vibe. But they do need something better than this 3:10 to Yuma-esque title.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »

Cory Hardrict I can see in one of the roles ....Forget Ryan Phillippe...He already ruined one movie of Eastwood's....
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »

How about Snakes on a Train? ;)
Dan Dassow
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 09:13:41 PM »

How about Snakes on a Train? ;)
On Track to be Heroes  ;)
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »

Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 11:51:27 PM »

Glad to hear Clints back at work... tho I'd prefer original drama along the lines of Mystic River or Million Dollar Baby, I'll  still look forward to this...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 12:36:28 AM »

Great news. Hopefully this will film in Europe.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Hemlock
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

Sad to say but I´m one of those people who are not that much looking forward to see another"true stroy"film by Eastwood.Sully was good enough even though it felt a bit like slightly advanced TV-movie and American Sniper was even great but still I was hoping something different from Eastwood...maybe something like the films Mystic River,Million Dollar Baby or Gran Torino were.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 12:31:02 AM »

Thanks, Macpherson. Yes, it looks like this is really happening. From the above link:

Clint Eastwood and Warner Bros.’ new movie started production in Georgia this May. Based on the true story, “The 15:17 to Paris” tells the story of three American soldiers who stopped a terrorist plot on a train bound for Paris. The film is based on the book by Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos, Spencer Stone and Jeffrey E. Stern. Dorothy Blyskal will write the script, according to Variety.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 05:39:50 AM »

Oh, great, it's already started production!
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 03:45:30 AM »

This is happening. Eastwood confirms. Filming should start in August and he thinks that the movie will likely be released later this year. In the longer article, which I did not full copy below, he also shares that this project came together during a conversation he had after he introduced the men who are the focus of this story at an awards show.

Eastwood's terrorism film: 'He's not going to sugarcoat it'

By PAUL MILLER
Published: June 23, 2017

FORMER CARMEL Mayor Clint Eastwood became famous playing fictional tough guys like Rowdy Yates and Dirty Harry. Lately, he’s achieved even greater fame as the director of films about real-life heroes — including Iraq vet Chris Kyle and pilot Sully Sullenberger.
Now, Eastwood is working on his next project, about three friends who stopped a terrorist attack two years ago on a train in France. One of them, a U.S. Air Force enlisted man named Spencer Stone, did something very few people have done and lived to tell about: Without a weapon or anything to defend himself, he charged a fanatical and heavily armed enemy, knocking him to the ground. And then he and his friends, Alek Skarlatos and Anthony Sadler, disarmed the man and rendered him unconscious, saving dozens, if not hundreds, of innocent lives in the process.

“It was a very important event, because there were so many people on the train, and the guy had hundreds of rounds of ammunition, and he could have done a tremendous amount of damage,” Eastwood said. “And there’s no reason to think he wasn’t going to.”

At his office on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, Eastwood is busy these days refining the shooting schedule, while his casting directors are choosing the actors, costumers are picking the outfits, and set designers are planning the shots — all routine tasks for a major Hollywood picture. But the film, “The 15:17 to Paris,” which Eastwood says will probably be released later this year, has a story that promises to be unprecedented in its heart-stopping impact, yet which carries a timeless message of people putting their lives on the line to protect others....

In January, after negotiations over the book were completed, a writer was brought in to develop the screenplay, and the production process got into full swing.

“They flew us down to Burbank, and we had a chance to chill with Clint in his office, and look at his Oscars, and meet the casting director so he could figure out our mannerisms, and they asked us what kind of clothes we wore that day, and they wanted pictures of us when we were kids, and things like that,” Stone said.

The budget for the film will be $30 million to $40 million, according to Eastwood, with photography getting underway in August — two years after the unforgettable events that happened to three normal guys on a perfectly normal European vacation...

http://www.pineconearchive.com/170623-1.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:47:10 AM by AKA23 » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 11:55:42 AM »

Oh, perhaps the quote from KC's post is saying preproduction started in May for the movie. ???
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2017, 12:06:51 AM »

Yes, I took it to mean preproduction. But if it's going to be released this year, things would seem to be moving right along.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:36 PM »

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »

Its always a thrill for me when a new Eastwood film begins production. I do find it an odd choice that the three heroes will be playing themselves. Ffor me, Tom Hanks portrayal of Sully was a big part of why the film worked. I would have liked to see A list actors portraying these roles.

I also notice that Blu Murray, according to the article, will be serving as editor again, as was the case with Sully, and not Joel Cox, Eastwood's long-time editor. If thats not a mistake, I wonder why that is.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 08:22:23 PM »

I think it extremely odd that Eastwood would choose nonprofessionals to play the three lead roles. ???
66harley

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 07:45:04 AM »

Proud to see Clint Eastwood using the people who actually did the heroic deed. I am positive that he will produce a great movie and will help in some way to reward these brave men for their actions. Bravery being, you are scared $#!tless but you do what needs to be done anyway. If any body can make a great movie out of this, it will be Mr. Eastwood! The hell with the critics and the naysayers. This movie needs to be out there so people can see what actually occurs in a SHTF scenario like a terrorist attack. Maybe they will re-think their preconceived notions. Not everybody has the gumption and wits about themselves to actually do something and succeed. We need more citizens who actually do something and fight back, rather than just stand there with their mouth open and their eyes bugging out.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 08:31:45 AM »

I think it extremely odd that Eastwood would choose nonprofessionals to play the three lead roles. ???

That's true but, we'll have to see the finished film in order to decide if it is a smart choice or not.The fact is that the man ain't afraid to take risks. And he is the only one around (in Hollywood at least) :)

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Hammerhead

Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead.

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »

Not convinced. The non actors nearly ruined Gran Torino.

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T