News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 15:17 to Paris: Production Information and News  (Read 6447 times)
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2017, 03:27:55 PM »

Any updates from The 15:17 to Paris guys?
the picture is in its post-production phase and good news are expected soon. can't wait anymore. 
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2017, 09:17:16 PM »

^ From the above link:

The studio did not indicate whether “The 15:17 to Paris” would have an Academy Awards qualifying release before the end of the year.
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2017, 02:21:52 AM »

If they also plan a limited release  during the holidays this release in the middle of the Oscar season means a lot.We'll have to see.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:52:35 AM by antonis » Logged

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2017, 04:32:02 AM »

just got confused if the pic gets an oscar qualifying release. it will be fantastic to see how this movie deals with the members of academy. Hope to see that coming.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2017, 12:34:10 AM »

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly (December 1) has a brief interview with Clint, and this picture:

Clint Eastwood’s The 15:17 to Paris depicts how passengers on a French train in August 2015 overwhelmed an armed terrorist, preventing a probable mass shooting. It’s also a grand experiment for the 87-year-old filmmaker, who cast many of the real people involved in the incident to play themselves, including three young Americans (Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos, and Spencer Stone). Did anyone suggest he think twice about that decision? “Oh, yeah,” he says. “A lot of people suggested that.”

How did you come to cast the actual people as the film’s leads?
I looked at a lot of very good actors who could possibly have done the job. But I kept looking at the faces of these young men — “boys,” I call them. I thought these faces were unique. It just struck me that it would be an interesting experiment. It could be bold or reckless, depending on how it comes out. [Laughs] Anyway, they were enthusiastic about trying it, so we went with them, and I think people will be a little surprised. But as we got going, I started looking at other people who were involved. I thought, I wonder if they’d all like to come back? One thing led to another.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/21/clint-eastwood-1517-to-paris-first-look/
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2017, 03:16:29 AM »

Very intriguing .. Looking forward to seeing if they pull it off... Cool that Clint is still up for trying something daring..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2017, 05:51:46 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes out too. O0
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2017, 06:03:22 PM »

Coincidentally (or not), the Film Society of Lincoln Center is currently screening a 37-film series devoted to "The Non-Actor":

https://www.filmlinc.org/series/the-non-actor/

It includes films by such acknowledged cinematic masters as Robert Bresson, Abbas Kiarostami, Roberto Rossellini, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Sergei Eisenstein, Satyajit Ray and F.W. Murnau, as well as a director Clint worked with, Vittorio De Sica. There's a related article on casting non-actors in the current issue of the Society's magazine Film Comment, available online here:

https://www.filmcomment.com/article/one-in-a-million/

Ever since the workers left the Lumičre Factory, “real people” have played an essential role in cinema. The notion of what constitutes nonprofessionals or non-actors can be a slippery one, but broadly speaking, the sociopolitical authenticity and unfiltered psychological realism presumed in such casting has been sought at least since Italian neorealism. (Or some fusion of the two: “People ask, where did you find these faces?” Fellini said to Roger Ebert in 1969. “None of them are professional actors; these faces come from my private dreams.”) Today, a tradition of utilizing non-actors is alive and well in films from the U.S. to Taiwan to Iran, but there remains something radical in featuring an untrained performer on screen. The non-actor problematizes the tidy binary between documentary and fiction we commonly accept, opening an ontological can of worms and causing us to question what we mean by realism and naturalism.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2017, 06:13:13 PM »

It was about time we changed the title of this thread. Please post all news stories and features here until the film has screened for critics and/or audiences, at which time we'll start a "Reviews and Features in the Media" thread.

I'm actually beginning to be really curious about this one.
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2017, 04:02:56 PM »

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2017, 05:04:10 AM »

According to IMDB page for The 15 17 to Paris the music is composed by the renowned Thomas Newman......His scores can capture Americana like fewer others........an interesting move.....

:)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6802308/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:25 AM »

Yes guys.I was the one who noticed who is gonna compose the music and then edited the IMDB page for The15:17 to Paris. I am hyped for this one. and as you all know this is the first time a major and well-decorated music composer is composing soundtracks for An Eastwood film in a long time. Please share your minds and how do you feel about this?
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2017, 09:19:39 AM »

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Saman Moradkhani

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2017, 09:38:41 AM »

Trailer looks fantastic. what's your idea?
antonis
Member Extraordinaire

I'm afraid you have misjudged me...

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2017, 09:42:07 AM »

The trailer looks good ,I'll definitely see the movie but, it's getting boring this American hero kind of flick.

a MAN has got to know his public's expectations...
Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »

Confused now ! ......The trailer just released credits music to Christian Jacob who also wrote the music for Sully......Clint would appear to be staying loyal to his crew.....Thomas Newman? ??

Macpherson

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: Yesterday at 12:14:45 PM »

Interesting behind the scenes featurette on the making of The 15 17 to Paris, and why Clint cast the real - life heroes in the film.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/1517-paris-featurette-clint-eastwood-explains-cast-real-life/

:)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T