News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Article: What watching 40 Eastwood films has taught me  (Read 309 times)
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: August 06, 2017, 02:45:16 AM »

I thought you might be interested in this Guardian article from the other day:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/03/clint-eastwood-what-watching-40-films-box-set-taught-me

I don't 100% agree with everything the writer says but it's a pretty good article.

Haven't watched a Clint film in such a long time ... (hangs head in shame)  :-[

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »

It's always a pleasure to hear from you, allycat! :)

It's a good article, aside from a couple of typos ... "A Perfect Life"? "John Brown’s icy rent-a-thug in Pale Rider"? Aside from that, there are a few things I'd disagree with, but mostly an excellent summing up of Clint's long and varied career ... to date, of course.
allycat
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 01:20:56 PM »

It's always a pleasure to hear from you, allycat! :)

It's a good article, aside from a couple of typos ... "A Perfect Life"? "John Brown’s icy rent-a-thug in Pale Rider"? Aside from that, there are a few things I'd disagree with, but mostly an excellent summing up of Clint's long and varied career ... to date, of course.

I know, I think some people called the author out on those mistakes in the comments at the bottom of the article. I was going to give my two pence worth but comments closed – I was tempted to mention me writing my undergraduate dissertation on Clint  8) Anyway, a good excuse to come back and post here  O0

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 11:01:30 PM »

Cool article allycat... Didn't agree with all of it of course but still interesting overview of Clints work so far...

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »

The overview was lame. The Gauntlet was creepy? Tightrope was politically incorrect? Hereafter charming?....Dan Hedaya and John Russell hard working professionals?.... J. Edgar evokes Citizen Kane?...lol......
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T