News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kelly's heroes, heartbreak ridge, where Eagles dare which is your favorite  (Read 767 times)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: August 24, 2017, 08:29:13 PM »

Out of these three Eastwood war movies which one do you like best?  I like Kelly's heroes then heartbreak ridge and where Eagles dare is last. I watched heartbreak ridge last night and I'm fixing to watch Kelly's heroes here shortly. And I will watch where Eagles dare next week sometime. I've always liked Kelly's heroes cause of the great characters. It's just a fun movie to watch. In the past I haven't been to big of a fan of heartbreak and where Eagles dare. But I enjoyed heartbreak much more this time around. And hopefully after watching where Eagles dare again will have the same effect.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 11:33:22 PM »

I do enjoy watching Kellys Heores, its a lot of fun.. but it has to be Heartbreak Ridge for me. I think its one of Clints greatest performances..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 01:28:49 AM »

Thanks Gant  yeah it's funny I've seen heartbreak ridge all the way thru now 3 times. And have seen bits and pieces several times from being on tv. The first two complete viewings I personally didn't care for it at all. It actually kind of bored me a bit. But I watched it last night and I absolutely enjoyed it. I was well rested and felt good while watching it. I think the other two viewings I might have started it too late at night or didn't feel good. But it really is a good movie. And like u said Eastwoods performance was outstanding. With that said I still prefer Kelly's heroes ahead of heartbreak but it is much closer now. Kelly's heroes is fun to watch and all the great actors make it very enjoyable. It is a pretty long movie but other than that it's a lot of fun. But I can defenately see putting it at number one. Thanks again looking forward to reading what other members think. Thanks.
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »

It has been a long time since I've seen Heartbreak Ridge, but my initial thought would be to go with Kelly's Heroes.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 02:42:54 PM »

Where Eagles Dare by far... Great cast, great story and yummy looking actresses.
Richard Earl
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 05:59:06 PM »

I have to go with Kelly's Heroes as my favorite film out of the three. To be quite honest it is because of Donald Sutherland as Oddball. Clint and the rest of the amazing cast was good but Oddball made that film.

Music speaks louder then words. It's the only thing that the whole world listens to. (Peter, Paul & Mary)
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 09:01:24 PM »

Yeah Sutherland made that film great. Kelly's heroes is just fun to watch.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »

Heartbreak Ridge, followed by Kelly's Heroes and Where Eagles Dare comes up a distant third.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 01:09:42 AM »

^ This (as they say on the Internet).

Heartbreak Ridge is one of Clint's better acting roles from the 1980s. Neither Kelly's Heroes nor Where Eagles Dare has that much for him to doŚWhere Eagles Dare because it's Burton's movie, and Kelly's Heroes because it's an ensemble picture where Clint's character is the least interesting of the ensemble.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:14:39 AM by KC » Logged
Rawhide7
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »

Just finished watching Kelly's heroes and this concludes the four war movies. My feelings haven't changed. Kelly's heroes , heartbreak ridge, the beguiled, where eagles dare in that order. Like KC said Clint's character in Kelly's heroes is the least interesting compared to Sutherland savalas and rickles. But he is the central person in the movie after all it is called Kelly's heroes. But I agree with KC least interesting one. And his performances in heartbreak and the beguiled are superior to Kelly's heroes and where eagles dare. But for me when you take the entire movies into account along with Clint being central character I enjoy watching Kelly's heroes most out of these four.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T