News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INSPIRATION  (Read 240 times)
Rashed74

View Profile Email
« on: September 25, 2017, 07:32:58 PM »

Dear Mr. Eastwood, I have always found all of your films motivational and inspiring. Your Friend, Rashed E.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »

I always found Eastwood's movies inspirational and motivating as well, especially his scenes with Jo Ann Harris in The Beguiled.
John1950

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:18:16 AM »

I agree with you, Clint Eastwood and his movies/characters made me do things I'd never imagine I'm capable of... Here are some of his most inspiring quotes (at least for me)

"Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power."

Whether you like it or not, you're forced to come to the realisation that death is out there. But I don't fear death, I'm a fatalist. I believe when it's your time, that's it. It's the hand you're dealt.

KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »

Thanks for posting, John1950, and welcome to the Board! :)

I was curious about the source of those quotes. I found the second one in an interview by Martyn Palmer for the Mail on Sunday, back in 2011 when Clint was in London making Hereafter. He was 81 at the time:

‘You’re forced to think about death a lot at this age,’ he says, ‘because you’ve lost a lot of people. Let’s put it this way, there wouldn’t be much point in me attending a high-school reunion now because there wouldn’t be anybody there. We’d struggle to raise a quorum. I picked up the paper the other day and another two were gone – people I’d grown up with.

'Whether you like it or not, you’re forced to come to the realisation that death is out there. But I don’t fear death, I’m a fatalist. I believe when it’s your time, that’s it. It’s the hand you’re dealt. And I don’t feel any different to how I did when I was 60 or 70. I felt good then, and I feel good now.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1347108/Clint-Eastwood-80-A-school-reunion-There-wouldnt-anybody-there.html

I haven't found a source for the first one in an interview yet, but it appears on the PBS website in connection with the 2000 film by Bruce Ricker, Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/clint-eastwood-eastwood-noir/582/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T