News: See SULLY, starring Tom Hanks, now streaming and on DVD and Blu-ray!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help with movie scene  (Read 168 times)
Sage

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2017, 10:08:30 PM »

Which movie had the scene where Clint is in a diner, sitting at a counter, & the bad music disturbs him. He pulls out a gun & shoots out the speakers, then returns to quietly & politely drinking coffee? 
I have tried for years to recall which movie this is from. Thanks so much for help.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »

I'm pretty sure there is no Clint Eastwood movie that contains a scene like that. Do you think you could be thinking of some other actor?

On the other hand, I personally have been in that exact situation many times (in diners and other types of restaurants), and if Clint or anyone else would have taken out a gun, shot out the speakers, and then quietly and politely returned to drinking his coffee, I would have been eternally grateful. (Provided, of course, that no one was hurt by the shrapnel.)
Sage

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:23:30 AM »

Haha I know it was great that is why I remember it. It was definitely Clint. I can still see him in my mind. Not a western (obviously). Wearing a denim jacket I think.  For that matter who else Could pull that off?  He was younger so itís been a while but it has driven me crazy for ages that I canít recall the movie. Probably 80ís?  Give or take a decade ... Eventually someone will recall or notice when they watch it again.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 12:34:35 PM »

Where's our local EWWBL expert when we need one?

Philo never carried a gun, but he did knock someone into the jukebox in a bar brawl. Or, was that Bronco Billy who knocked someone into a jukebox in a bar brawl? Also, pretty sure Philo or Billy wore a denim jacket, and would be the only Eastwood characters who would. If he knocked someone into the jukebox and it skipped the song, it wasn't due to the song being the problem, it was the punk who got knocked into it.

In any case, I agree with KC that this scene wasn't Clint, as you remember it -- and if it's not the bar brawl in one of these movies, then it's a different actor.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:04:53 PM »

Pretty sure Philo never carried a gun, and Bronco Billy only used his in the Wild West show. Also, Bronco Billy would never do something like that, what kind of example would it set for the little pards?
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:35 PM »

I don't think Billy wore a denim jacket. He wore a suede one with fringe. So, that leaves Philo with his barroom buddies brawl.
Matt
Global Moderator
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 09:12:56 PM »

Bronco Billy only used his in the Wild West show.

And in banks!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 09:52:46 PM »

Oh yeah, the bank robbery scene, and how could I forget the train robbery scene!  :D

I have to watch this movie again sometime soon.

But I'm pretty sure he doesn't drink coffee alone in a diner, and he doesn't object to the music, and he doesn't fire off his six shooters.
palooka
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 11:55:17 PM »

Might be the early scene of City Heat to which sage is referring? No speakers but definitely a diner and coffee.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 07:12:51 AM »

And a "situation," eventually. :D

But definitely no bad music.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T