News: THE MULE, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood: now on disc and streaming!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hang ‘Em High & Coogan’s Bluff 50 Year Anniversaries  (Read 326 times)
Jed Cooper
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:19:32 PM »

After the massive overseas success of Clint’s first three westerns, which ultimately proved to be as popular in America, it only made sense for his next project to be in the same genre.  His character, Jed Cooper, is a former Marshall that clearly defines which side of the law he’s on. 

I first saw Hang ‘Em High through the eyes of a new fan with high expectations.  I came away let down and disappointed.  A handful of years would go by when I would reluctantly give the film another chance.  My guard was let down, mind on other things and was pleasantly surprised.  I’d been stood up on a date and feeling down when I noticed it playing on tv.  It was the perfect distraction and helped ease my disappointment.  It’s been a favorite ever since.  Of course Clint’s character has the best surname ever. 😎

It took some time for me to appreciate Clint’s first police film, too.  I thought it was good, but not great.  As I’d initially compared Hang ‘Em High to Eastwood’s “Spaghetti Western” trilogy, I had done the same in having high expectations for Coogan’s Bluff after seeing Dirty Harry. 

It would’ve been interesting to see sequels to both of these films, but they do stand alone well enough on their own. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Eyuh.”
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 01:20:46 PM »

Watched Coogan's Bluff the other night on TCM... Tisha Sterling certainly ranks in the top 3 of most yummy female costars Eastwood had. She is a florist somewhere in Idaho today. Time to go buy some potatoes and orchids.......
Aline

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »

Happy Anniversary to those greaties. Coogan's Bluff was the movie that got me obsessed with Clint.:crazy2:

I used to have the five stars
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T