News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New film release for Clint in 2019?  (Read 259 times)
The Highlander

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« on: December 07, 2017, 12:10:19 AM »

I just happened across an article on Dark Horizons about Warner Bros developing its anticipated film releases for 2019.

Among the films mentioned is a new Clint Eastwood movie, which is not named but described as a sequel to a film called "Lights Out."

I've seen numerous releases on IMDB under this title, most of which differ from each other in plot.  One of them starred Stacy Keach a few years ago as a boxer contemplating life after his career is over.  Sounds like a project that Clint would do, so this could be the most likely one.

Anyone else hear about this yet?  The URL to the article is: http://www.darkhorizons.com/warners-plans-its-2019-film-slate/
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »

That might not be saying that the Clint Eastwood movie is going to be a sequel to Lights Out, but it's probably just the second in the list. The Lights Out mentioned here is probably the horror film that came out last year.

So the good news is that there could be a new Eastwood movie in 2019!
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:30:10 PM »

That might not be saying that the Clint Eastwood movie is going to be a sequel to Lights Out, but it's probably just the second in the list. The Lights Out mentioned here is probably the horror film that came out last year.

Right, they should probably have used semicolons instead of commas between the film titles, so you wouldn't think it was an apposition instead of a simple series. I am sure Clint won't be doing a sequel to a horror film that came out last year!

Could have used a comma in the last item in the series, as well:

There’s also a new Clint Eastwood film;  a sequel to “Lights Out”; the Michael B. Jordan-led legal drama “Just Mercy”; Edward Norton’s feature adaptation of the Jonathan Lethem novel “Motherless Brooklyn”; and potentially the next James Bond film in the international markets, should it win that contract.
KC
Administrator
Member Extraordinaire

Control ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

^ And maybe a comma after that "potentially," as well.  I think the potential aspect lies in whether it will happen for Warners, not in whether it will be the next James Bond film in the international markets. (And what does that mean? Will there be a different next James Bond film in the domestic market?)

How would you grade that sentence, Christopher? ???
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »

Very surprising and really cool that WB would announce a new Eastwood film in 2019 this far in advance.  Great news although I wonder if this is Impossible Odds that Clint was due to direct after Sully?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:50:43 PM by exit00 » Logged
Christopher
Member Extraordinaire

The real me

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 08:41:11 AM »

The semicolons do make it clearer. O0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T