News: See Eastwood's latest, THE 15:17 TO PARIS, coming on DVD May 22!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Perfect World.. in London  (Read 217 times)
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 26, 2018, 03:14:55 AM »

Well of course it is...  ;)

But also A Perfect World starring Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood and Laura dern and directed by Eastwood is being shown in a 35mm print at Londons Prince Charles Theatre just off Leicester Sq for one night only on Tues 7th August..
Marking 25 years since its release..

'Eastwood's greatest hidden gem' - The Playlist

I'm hoping to go.. I saw this at the cinema upon its original release and would love to see it up on the big screen again..

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:40:28 AM »

What a treat, Gant. I hope you enjoy. I think “A Perfect World” is the most underappreciated film that Eastwood has made.
exit00

Dying ain't much of a livin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:41:46 AM »

I think “A Perfect World” is the most underappreciated film that Eastwood has made.

I agree with this as well.  Not only a great directed film but both Costner and the little kid were awesome.
Hocine

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:00:57 PM »

What a treat, Gant. I hope you enjoy. I think “A Perfect World” is the most underappreciated film that Eastwood has made.

Yes, I agree.
In the USA, A Perfect World wasn't as successful as it deserved to be.
Maybe because Kevin Costner played against type role and there wasn't many action scenes.
It was very successful in Europe, however.
This film reminds me Honkytonk Man because of the father-son relationship.
In my opinion, A Perfect World is as good as The Bridges of Madison County, maybe better.
It had good reviews and Kevin Costner gave one of his best performances.
Clint thought that the release date was a mistake: A Perfect World opened in the end of 1993, because Warner Bros wanted it to be at the Oscars.
But In the Line of Fire, in which Clint starred, opened in July 1993 and it was still playing everywhere in theaters when A Perfect World was released.

A Perfect World is in my top 10 list of the films directed by Eastwood.
The others are Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Bird, The Bridges of Madison County, Letters from Iwo Jima, Honkytonk Man
and High Plains Drifter.
Perry
Member Extraordinaire

I'm a llama!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 11:34:29 AM »

Mickey Rourke should had played that role instead of Costner. Costner's performance was overrated. Too bad Eastwood couldn't get Denzel for the role Eastwood played.....
AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »

I'm glad Eastwood acted in this one, but I'm also a fan of Denzel Washington and it would have been interesting to see what he might have done with this role. I'd love to see him work with Eastwood in the future. 

I think Kevin Costner was perfectly cast in this and to date, I still think it remains his best performance.
Gant
Member Extraordinaire

His job ..... steal it.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 01:12:39 AM »

Well unfortunately, it might be A Perfect World in London this  Tuesday but I've got to be in Edinburgh so I'm going to miss it... Very disappointed... Have we any other London members who might be thinking off going.. Such a great opportunity of seeing this film..

Agree with you AKA .. It's Costner's best work to date..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:14:35 AM by Gant » Logged

Borderline burnout with questionable social skills
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T