News: Having trouble registering?  Please feel free to contact us at help[at]clinteastwood.org.  We will help you get an account set up.

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What’s next for Clint ?  (Read 132 times)
Hocine

View Profile Email
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »

Hello everybody,

Do you have some news about Clint’s next project ?

Cinematographer Yves Bélanger said that Clint could start shooting a new picture next spring.

But he didn’t mention any particular project.

When The Mule was released in France on January 23, I have read many reviews of the film, which were mostly

positive.

A couple of them (for instance, Le Journal du Dimanche, which can be translated as The Sunday) mentioned that Clint’s

next film might be Impossible Odds. At this point, it’s still a rumor.

What do you think about that ? Do you want Clint to make Impossible Odds ?

AKA23
Classic Member
Member Extraordinaire

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:54:09 AM »

Although things could change, I think Clint has probably moved on from "Impossible Odds." Once he quits a project to make another film, he usually doesn't go back to make the film he quit.

I personally would like to see Clint move away from telling fact-based stories, especially true-life stories of heroism/biopics. I am hoping that the success of "The Mule," which was only loosely based on a real person, and wasn't a tale of heroism/a biopic, will inspire him to start telling more fictional stories. I think a big reason that "The Mule" did so well was because it was a heavily fictionalized story that was very different than those other films.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

C L I N T E A S T W O O D . N E T